Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Pendent posted:

Can somebody explain how the Knights work in the new mechanicum book? It sounds to me like these are the rules for Mechanicus aligned Knight houses, but there's no mention of the imperial aligned houses at all. Is this the book that everybody with a knight will need to buy or will there be another one coming up?

There are stratagems that act on Knights in your army (not detachment). Theyre in the codex because Knights are a natural fit for an Admech army both fluff wise and game wise , and they still use the <household> faction key word. You don't need to buy the Admech codex for them, so go ahead and keep using the Index.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

The Sisko posted:

There are stratagems that act on Knights in your army (not detachment). Theyre in the codex because Knights are a natural fit for an Admech army both fluff wise and game wise , and they still use the <household> faction key word. You don't need to buy the Admech codex for them, so go ahead and keep using the Index.

So does that mean they don't count as <Forge World> units? And does it give a list of Mars houses, or no?

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

The Bee posted:

So does that mean they don't count as <Forge World> units? And does it give a list of Mars houses, or no?

To your first point ; No. As I stated they still use the <household> keywords and the stratagems in question specifically state <questoris Knight> in they're wording. One gives them Canticles for a turn, one gives them +1 invul, and one let's them use the top damage row for a turn.

To your second: I have no idea

Edit: Here's video of the codex ( suggest muting to avoid constant banter)
https://youtu.be/daG1Pgr94zA

The Sisko fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 17, 2017

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Endman posted:

I played a game yesterday where a squad of my guardsmen met the business end of a Repulsor. Even being in cover there's nothing they could have done to avoid the hilarious amount of firepower that thing has.

Yeah, Guardsmen die even if you don't point 3-400 points of infantry murder at them. It's a central tenet of playing guard. That's why you bring spares. Lots and lots of spares.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.
The minimum is 60. Most "good" guard player bring about 100.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Oh, absolutely. I just thought it was funny how fast that thing punched their tickets on the murder express.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Everyone was already dead before the Commissar could finish off the survivors.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

The Sisko posted:

To your first point ; No. As I stated they still use the <household> keywords and the stratagems in question specifically state <questoris Knight> in they're wording. One gives them Canticles for a turn, one gives them +1 invul, and one let's them use the top damage row for a turn.

To your second: I have no idea

Edit: Here's video of the codex ( suggest muting to avoid constant banter)
https://youtu.be/daG1Pgr94zA

Okay, good. I wasn't sure if they'd double up because these are both Knight and Mars forces or not. Good thing LoW are basically always separate detachments, too, because otherwise that'd really suck for getting Forge World bonuses.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:siren:LISTEN UP BADBOYS(and to a lesser degree, Fuckbois):siren:
We just dropped a salty new Badcast for all y'alls' earholes:
https://40kbadcast.com/2017/09/17/40k-badcast-17-a-low-sodium-alternative-to-a-good-podcast/

Also, this is your chance to play in our global campaign! Play our dumb missions! Email us your results! The Badboys defended their precious anime in the first round, but can they play sportsball?
https://40kbadcast.com/campaign/

The Sex Cannon posted:

The minimum is 60. Most "good" guard player bring about 100.
I've been "good" since 5th edition :smugissar:

OhDearGodNo posted:

Made a new test model for the White Scars- this time pinning them to the base (thank you SRM)

I'm not sure if I like the chipped/battle worn look or a more clean one.

Thoughts?

:respek: looks dope bro. I'd want to paint the underside of the trim on those shoulderpads, but otherwise he looks ready for the tabletop. It's also kinda jarring seeing you painting fairly clean Imperial models after all your sick beastman stuff, but it shows versatility as a painter.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Endman posted:

Everyone was already dead before the Commissar could finish off the survivors.

I'd honestly expect an anti-infantry Repulsor to maim or kill two ten man guard squads per turn. That thing puts out a hell of a lot of shooting but you definitely pay for it.

Endman
May 18, 2010

My Commissar charged at it, heroically survived all of the overwatch shots (at least eleventy billion) and then rolled three for his charge and stayed where he was. :shepicide:

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

anyone thought of converting up some of these for alternate Kastelan heads?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Black_Nexus posted:

Admech is next week

Also Cawl is not a lot cheaper than the Triumvirate of the imperium box

Yeah I was annoyed to buy the Triumvirate and then Cawl be announced separately a week later, but tbh the other models in there are great and Celestine is fantastic in-game, which is worth 17.50 imo.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
How the gently caress did I not notice this lil motherfucker until now

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Holy poo poo

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
That little dude is the best

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Geoff Zahn posted:

Thats LORD lil motherfucker to you.

Didn't manage to find my old 3rd ed rulebook but was neat looking through this old gem, hope the new chapter approved eventually starts adding in the weirder fluff army lists like kroot and feral orks and weirder poo poo again.

The fact that the old proto-4th ed trial assault rules are actually longer than the than the entire rules for the game right now is loving baffling though.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Geoff Zahn posted:

Fun Fact: Little guy is actually the plague champion and comes with a death guard marine as an accessory for his base.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Plague marines are just 3 nurglings stacked on top of each other.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Mortarion seems pretty absurd; he's got:

• Warlord Trait: re-roll failed wounds on plague weapons for models w/in 7''
  • His scythe has two profiles: one's basically a powerfist, and the other gives 3 rolls per attack at AP-2 ... dude gets 18 S8 Ap-2 attacks re-rolling hits and misses O.o
  • standard issue lord ability to re-roll ones to hit
  • enemy models w/in 7'' take -1 Toughness
  • roll a die for each enemy unit w/in 7'': on a 4/5/6+ (based on damage taken), that unit takes d3 mortal wounds

Pyschic Powers:
  • wc 6: deathguard unit w/in 18'' forces -1 to hit
  • wc 7: select a unit w/in 18'' to get -1 to a random stat (attack, strength, toughness)
  • wc 5: roll die for each model in unit w/in 18'' - on a 6+ unit takes a mortal wound
  • wc 5: death guard unit w/in 18'' gets +1 to wound in the fight phase and, if wielding a plague weapon, inflicts a mortal wound on a 7+ (DG get the VotLW stratagem, so that's another +1 to wound you can add in)
  • wc 6: death guard unit w/in 18'' gets +1 to strength and toughness
  • wc 7: roll 7 dice (A THEME!) and compare to the toughness of the closest enemy unit w/in 14''; the unit takes a mortal wound for each roll that exceeds the unit's toughness.

The legion trait is Inexorable Advance and lets them double tap w/ Rapid Fire at 18'', and removes the penalty for moving/advancing and firing heavy/assault weapons.

The Tallyman lets you re-roll misses in the fight phase for models w/in 7''. He also lets you roll 2D6 each time you use a command point; on a 7+ that point gets refunded.

Foul Blightspawn is an elites choice with an aura that removes the ability to fight first on the charge for enemies that start the fight phase w/in 7'' (oh, and also has a gun with 9'' range, 2D6 str, AP-3, D3, auto hits, plague weapon tag)

There's a stratagem (1cp) that lets every model in a unit throw a blight grenade, and an elites choice that buffs blight grenades to be: S4, D2, mortal wound on a 6+ to wound, plague weapon. If Mortarion is nearby, you're re-rolling all failed wounds rather just 1s.

They seem really really good. They poo poo mortal wounds all over anything that gets close to them, and everything synergizes with everything else.

Gato The Elder fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Sep 17, 2017

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

DG is a legit good army. If they put this much effort into the other books it's going to get very interesting.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
The more I think about it the more I want to put that aura helmet on a Blightspawn and let him stink out anyone charging within 10" of him before shuffling over and incinerating them.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
quote is not edit

e:

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

The Tallyman lets you re-roll misses in the fight phase for models w/in 7''. He also lets you roll 2D6 each time you use a command point; on a 7+ that point gets refunded.

It's only on a 7, so a 1/6 chance.

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Sep 17, 2017

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Pendent posted:

That's interesting and would probably be better than the wash for white. What are you using for the base- Ulthuan Grey?

A combo of admin grey and dawnstone. There is an ebook painting guide "eavy metal, how to paint a space marine librarian" it's the only one from GW I know about but it has several more steps than your average guide, so I often refer to it for things like wings and flesh if I am not in a hurry. It recommends things like using glazes and blending that are more difficult, which Duncan often skips.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Mortal wounds are the new deathstar

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

adamantium|wang posted:

It's only on a 7, so a 1/6 chance.

Yeah it's a more flavorful way to get your points back on a D6 roll of a 6

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

OhDearGodNo posted:

Mortal wounds are the new deathstar

Consider cheap Psykers for Smites were already a thing I wouldn't call it new. They do have a lot of ways to do it but for an expensive army embodying the unstoppable march of death I'll give them a pass.

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man

Mugaaz posted:

Fun Fact: Little guy is actually the plague champion and comes with a death guard marine as an accessory for his base.

Nurglings are the new Minions for us Grimdark nerds

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Holy poo poo, the pustule bits on the Death Guard dice are squishy rubber :allears:, best dice.

Science Rocket posted:

Nurglings are the new Minions for us Grimdark nerds

All the new Nurglings are adorable and are getting their own base asap.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Oh yeah, definitely expanding my Nurgling squads with this new breed of Nurglinions. I think the helmet guy and the pooey stick guy as (fluff) champion and standard bearer get a base of their own.

The Nurgle dice are very very cool. They feel a little light, but they don't seem to be awfully balanced.

Lovely Joe Stalin fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 17, 2017

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
wanna make a little DnD party out of the colorful nurglings, the ones on Mortarion's base are great too.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Woah panascope got a promotion

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!
Considering the Death Guard were formerly bottom barrel due to having no real way of doing damage, I don't mind them being the Mortal Wound army.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
General Q: Anyone got suggested good solutions for storing/transporting paints?

Just want to hold everything in one place, neat and safe.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
I love my Plano containers. I don't have the product code. They hold 95ish Vallejo bottles.

Found it:

dexefiend posted:

Plano model 3730 for dropper bottle storage

I have one Vallejo box and a bunch of Plano boxes. They are also only like seven dollars to hold about 94 bottles.

Edit: I think I have 2 more now. I use PaintRack app on android to keep track of my stock.

I removed the link. Look for 3730 deep Stowaways

dexefiend fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 17, 2017

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

OhDearGodNo posted:

Did you weather Irma fairly well?

Yeah, both my house and my parents got pretty lucky. No major damage and we were only without power for 48 hours or so.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
And today on Fun with eBay

"Erinaceus the Faithful, Death Hog of Krieg korps"

Price: US $8.00

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
"Fierce and Loyal dog Leman Russ, Primarch of Space Wolfes Legion Space Marines"

Price: US $18.00

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

goose willis posted:

"Fierce and Loyal dog Leman Russ, Primarch of Space Wolfes Legion Space Marines"

Price: US $18.00

Good Goose Willis post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Blightlords and Typhus article: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/17/firestorm-the-armies-of-the-great-cities-and-the-elite-of-the-death-guard/

Pre-orders on the 23rd.