Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

lmao that people are still this autistic

Meh, I want it not because I can't find a group, but because I'm a dad and sometimes I don't get to play as much as I want. Matchmaking button is easier but with all things, it's a roll of the dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

Is it normal of you skip all the cutscenes, just to be able to shoot mans and/or AI mans faster?

What is is the Bone Krew outlook on playing while intoxicated?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Foetracer is the best Hunter pvp exotic

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No_talent posted:

Is it normal of you skip all the cutscenes, just to be able to shoot mans and/or AI mans faster?

Skippong cutscenes is mandatory, youll sober up waiting for them to finish

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

el B posted:

yeah, i wore this on my card last night. it is stupid good. the best part is i dont think the marker they get shows on their screen as a debuf like keen scout did in D1

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

el B posted:

Stalked the loot pool of an exotic engram earlier trying to get this.

:negative:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Played the required crucible matches for the milestone and went 4/6, but I somehow maintained over a 1.0 k/d in every game I was in, which leads me to believe that I must've been matched up against the true dregs of humanity. Overall its not too bad if you just chill and don't care about winning. So long as the milestones are still about participation and not victory this will be a pretty easy way to get gear for me.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

RBA Starblade posted:

"Lord Shaxx we've all lost our light everyone's dying"
"GET BACK IN THE CRUCIBLE GUARDIAN"
"But Shaxx we'll die"
"NOT IF YOU'RE GOOD"

"Lord Shaxx we're retaking the city will you help us"
"WHY THE gently caress AREN'T YOU IN THE CRUCIBLE"
"Lord Shaxx please"

I still love the actual line of "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T CONCENTRATE WHEN I'M YELLING?! RELAX!" and just about everything he says during matches.

I totally thought Failsafe would be unbearable based on the Strike during the beta, it felt a lot more contrived but drat if I did not instantly get sucked in when the first line was "Cayde is over there! Ooop, now he's over there! Oop!"

Also, "It's not murder if it's roboooots"

I hope some hopeless nerd is cataloging every voice line in the game for some wiki so we can just pull them up when we want. Especially the scannables.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Serf posted:

Played the required crucible matches for the milestone and went 4/6, but I somehow maintained over a 1.0 k/d in every game I was in, which leads me to believe that I must've been matched up against the true dregs of humanity. Overall its not too bad if you just chill and don't care about winning. So long as the milestones are still about participation and not victory this will be a pretty easy way to get gear for me.

Kills and assists

So it's possible for all of both teams to be 1.0 or higher

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

yeah, i wore this on my card last night. it is stupid good. the best part is i dont think the marker they get shows on their screen as a debuf like keen scout did in D1

I think it does give a "Hunted" notice

Lekon
Nov 6, 2012

Ularg posted:

I still love the actual line of "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T CONCENTRATE WHEN I'M YELLING?! RELAX!" and just about everything he says during matches.

If you can kill someone who has their super, using your super, he just screams "YEEEESSSSS" for a good 4-5 seconds straight. I got killed because I was laughing so hard when it happened, imagining him shaking the screen while screaming.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Serf posted:

The weekly PvP milestone is based on personal performance rather than wins or losses. But it doesn't make a significant difference, maybe 1 match more or less unless you're some god of war.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Best Shaxx line is actually in the tower, he says something about some guardian's grenade toss only being a hazard to himself.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Linx posted:

D1: why the gently caress is the only lore in the grimoire? D2: why isn’t there a grimoire?

Bungo just can’t catch a break. But seriously I loved the grimoire. Isn’t there a dude around here that wrote most of it?

I never had a problem with the grimoire being outside of the game. I can use a web browser to read text.

But D2 has less lore. And has a lore rat, that is a problem for me. Not a big enough problem, since with future DLC's we will inevitably gets more lore.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

el B posted:

I think it does give a "Hunted" notice

then god drat, people are retarded

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

then god drat, people are retarded

Trials is ez right now and it feels amazing

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".

el B posted:

Trials is ez right now and it feels amazing

Truly blessed to have made it to the giant floating head.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Any boners want to run a night fall with me as in probably carry my 267 rear end through it?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

No_talent posted:

Bone Krew gets loud.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So I got to try the raid. I guess the most important bit is going to be not talking over each other.

Welp.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
I played with a bunch of northerners as a midlander (all brits), it was a nightmare trying to work out if they said sun dog or cup

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Is this game way shorter than Destiny? I'm basically ready to raid after doing all the milestones and one nightfall.

I can't tell if it's just that I know the format and skipped stuff to get geared up or if there's just a way shorter curve. Also weird that strikes aren't included in the main story.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

JBP posted:

Is this game way shorter than Destiny? I'm basically ready to raid after doing all the milestones and one nightfall.

I can't tell if it's just that I know the format and skipped stuff to get geared up or if there's just a way shorter curve. Also weird that strikes aren't included in the main story.

Destiny out for years, destiny 2 out for less than a month. :thunk:

loving around in EDZ with goons last night was fun, would drink and play again. If there's a raid tonight I should be able to be on by 8-8:30 again after I pick up my gently caress trophies. Down for anything anyway.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I played with a bunch of northerners as a midlander (all brits), it was a nightmare trying to work out if they said sun dog or cup

loving lmao

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

PathAsc posted:

Destiny out for years, destiny 2 out for less than a month. :thunk:

loving around in EDZ with goons last night was fun, would drink and play again. If there's a raid tonight I should be able to be on by 8-8:30 again after I pick up my gently caress trophies. Down for anything anyway.

No I mean compared to destiny vanilla, which I played a lot of, not destiny plus DLC, which I didn't play much after the first expansion. It took me a weekend to reach the end of this game and I feel like the game is shorter to play through.

I didnt even make a judgement on the amount of content, which seems the same. It's more that it felt like it assumed I knew how to drive the bus. It introduces strikes with this really brief "STRIKES ARE BACK GUARDIAN" statement and away you go on strike playlist without ever seeing a strike mission.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

JBP posted:

No I mean compared to destiny vanilla, which I played a lot of, not destiny plus DLC, which I didn't play much after the first expansion. It took me a weekend to reach the end of this game and I feel like the game is shorter to play through.

There's way more content in D2 vanilla than D1, though the presentation sort of obfuscates that.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The ramp to getting to #RaidReady power levels is definitely shorter than getting ready for Vault of Glass in Destiny 1. I feel like there was more mindless grinding of strikes in Destiny 1, whereas in 2 I've barely played any of them.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The ramp to getting to #RaidReady power levels is definitely shorter than getting ready for Vault of Glass in Destiny 1. I feel like there was more mindless grinding of strikes in Destiny 1, whereas in 2 I've barely played any of them.

If I'm remembering correctly, D1 at launch was really bad for gearing up or even getting gear

Also, I'm Shaxx's favourite guardian now that I got my xim4 back working. Forgot how much it owns owns owns (yes I'm getting the PC version but its not out yet)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

RBA Starblade posted:

There's way more content in D2 vanilla than D1, though the presentation sort of obfuscates that.

Yeah and I'm sure there's heaps more stuff for me to look at. The curve to endgame seems really sharp and I have so many exotics after two days they don't feel special at all. I think that's what's weird. I've got all this primo stuff and all I feel like I did was join a clan and tick a couple of boxes to be close to raid ready.

I thought it was funny when I went to xur just out of curiosity about what his currency was and he was like "yeh man times are tough just give me like ten of whatever poo poo you've already got a hundred of, it's all good".

JBP fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Sep 17, 2017

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This is probably silly and I probably already know the answer, but if I really want a specific planet set is there any easier way to get it than just grinding events and chests and getting lucky on turn-ins? I have this vision of getting the legs 10 turn-ins in a row and it almost makes me not want to start.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

No_talent posted:

I watched them all the way through first time just to marvel at the hilariously inept Vanguard, and the faint glimmer of Ghaul having some actual character to him.

Out of all the characters, I defintely like Ghaul. He basically calls the guardians a bunch of pussies and he's right. As soon as they find out they can't resurrect, the so-called elite warriors collectively poo poo their pants and get nearly wiped out.

I definitely love the idea of all guardians all being over-dramatic, inept fuckups, and only got as far as they did because they don't stay dead no matter how hard they screw up. And your character is the only one who's still a one-man army without the light so got chosen to be THE SAVIOR etc.. :allears:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Played yesterday with my brother running strikes and afterwards I tell him to go Xur to get that Merciless. At the Farm, an exotic drops for him and I listen to him on the mic sharding Merciless because he doesn't use fusion rifles.

Friendship ended with my brother.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Can't he buy it back for some pissy sum of shards when he comes to his senses?

Also I just realised this game doesn't have LMGs. Is that right?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

JBP posted:

Can't he buy it back for some pissy sum of shards when he comes to his senses?

Also I just realised this game doesn't have LMGs. Is that right?
From what I've seen there's some really lovely looking exotic gatling gun, but that's it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah my mate has the gatling gun. It's just a pumped up AR by the sounds of it though.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I got the Sweet Business last night. Didn't like how it played so I infused it into my Scathelock instead. Worth it.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

deadwing posted:

Trials is mostly MIDA land right now because the map is super good for scouts. the lanes have very little in the way of flank routes, it's basically Pantheon II, the revenge of the worst Trials map
The HCR flinch in PVP also makes it too good, which was a big problem in D1. That needs to go

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Somebody confirm/deny this for me.

Above 260~

1) All rewards are based on your base light. Weapon/armor mods that add light do not count.
2) Faction rewards and random purple/blue drops are always -5 your base light.
3) Exotics always drop at your base light.
4) Powerful gear rewards and certain other rewards drop above your base light and that is the only way to raise your base light above the value of your highest equipment.
5) It's possible to raise the light levels of your equipment to the value of your highest equipment by farming exotics and using them as infusion-fodder for legendaries. Except there are no Exotic Marks so you might end up a little short.

So the most reasonable thing to do before accepting power rewards is to make sure none of your equipment is less than -5 your base light. You can also farm exotics, but again, you won't be able to raise your light above whatever your highest equipment is and also take a really long time.
Zavala's end-game reward appears to be +10 your base light level, and every other powerful gear reward is +5. Not sure on the value of the exotic weapon quests.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Serf posted:

I got the Sweet Business last night. Didn't like how it played so I infused it into my Scathelock instead. Worth it.

Sweet Business + Actium chest will poo poo out damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Sweet Business + Actium chest will poo poo out damage.

Actium is way better than I expected it to be. I love it in pvp.