Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
The October Horror Challenge thread went up today. The OP has a list of good horror movies on Prime, Netflix and Shudder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax
First They Killed My Father hit Netflix today

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

My wife and I binged the entire first season of Stranger Things last night, and I can't recommend it enough. It's a love letter to the 80's and if you grew up during that time, it's absolutely amazing to watch and listen to.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I thought it was fine, but I was also super aware of how hard they were pandering to me.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

The new IT was dope

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

I thought it was fine, but I was also super aware of how hard they were pandering to me.

It was a little too much for me. I still liked it, but the 80's pandering craze makes me roll my eyes.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
How on Earth can American Vandal go on for eight episodes?

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Lycus posted:

Amazingly

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Lycus posted:

I'm so into this. I don't think Dylan did it, but I'm not convinced entirely.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Alex is a loving liar.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Lycus posted:

Alex is a loving liar.

He's a bitch.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Did I miss the discussion on The Blackcoat's Daughter on Amazon because that movie is good as hell.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Sammus posted:

He's a little bitch.

Fixed that for you.

I find it kinda weird that the subscription channel known for Making a Murderer and The Keepers greenlights a parody in the same documentary style so soon.

It's so unnecessarily well done.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I really love the fourth season most.

I really liked the story line that kind of existed between the first and second seasons. Kenny Powers transition from Baseball player to rock
bottom and back again was pretty great. I agree that the fourth season was amazing, but it kind of felt like they weren't sure if they were getting renewed after season 2 and the story arcs weren't as tight.

That being said, the show as a whole is basically my favorite comedy/drama (I refuse to use the word "dramady"), so really any Eastbound is fine by me!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I really liked the story line that kind of existed between the first and second seasons. Kenny Powers transition from Baseball player to rock
bottom and back again was pretty great. I agree that the fourth season was amazing, but it kind of felt like they weren't sure if they were getting renewed after season 2 and the story arcs weren't as tight.

That being said, the show as a whole is basically my favorite comedy/drama (I refuse to use the word "dramady"), so really any Eastbound is fine by me!

IIRC there was never intended to be a fourth season, it was supposed to all end with Kenny faking his death.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Eastbound and Down was the only show I've ever seen that actually got better the more it jumped the shark.

I think my favorite season was the one where Kenny and Stevie are in South America though. Can't remember if it was 2 or 3.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
That was season 2. Also my favorite.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Kenny Powers loving off to Mexico to get his mojo back is the most Kenny Powers move. Or is faking his own death and dying his hair blonde?

He's up there as one of the great TV characters. Gamby + Russell are up there as one of the great TV duos of all time.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

Eastbound and Down was the only show I've ever seen that actually got better the more it jumped the shark.

I think my favorite season was the one where Kenny and Stevie are in South America though. Can't remember if it was 2 or 3.

Yeah it's all good but that season was really something incredible

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Human Tornada posted:

Did I miss the discussion on The Blackcoat's Daughter on Amazon because that movie is good as hell.

There's been a little back and forth about it in the horror thread. "Good as hell" tends to be most people's takeaway.

It might wind up being my favorite horror movie of the year, but I still have to see Mother! and a couple other big contenders.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Apparently Amazon Prime has had the original Invaders From Mars up for a while now, which is interesting because it hasn't been in print on DVD for a while (long enough that the DVD is now quite pricey.) It's not the best print, but it is at least the original short version instead of the ludicrously padded cut.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Maxwell Lord posted:

It's not the best print, but it is at least the original short version instead of the ludicrously padded cut.
Not unlike the lead actresses bra am i right high five.

Jesus I need coffee

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

Apparently Amazon Prime has had the original Invaders From Mars up for a while now, which is interesting because it hasn't been in print on DVD for a while (long enough that the DVD is now quite pricey.) It's not the best print, but it is at least the original short version instead of the ludicrously padded cut.

I really enjoy the 86 version too, and it was streaming a month or so back but now I can't find it.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
Netflix just added Carol, for anyone who wants to watch Carol.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Enos Cabell posted:

I really enjoy the 86 version too, and it was streaming a month or so back but now I can't find it.

That one at least is on Blu Ray (and in really good quality, too.) Watched it recently in honor of Hooper and was struck by just how gorgeous it is. Man loved his colors.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Netflix just added Carol, for anyone who wants to watch Carol.

Everyone should want to watch Carol

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
How long have you been able to watch Amazon Prime Video through Youtube? That finally gets around not being able to cast Amazon Prime stuff to my Chromecast.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Medullah posted:

How long have you been able to watch Amazon Prime Video through Youtube? That finally gets around not being able to cast Amazon Prime stuff to my Chromecast.
You can what? How do you do that?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

TychoCelchuuu posted:

You can what? How do you do that?

I searched for "Amazon Patriot theme music" and it bright me to the Amazon video "free with Prime" page.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Double post but now that I'm looking on my phone the cast option isn't there for an episode of Patriot.

https://youtu.be/K_2Rx-LEeMQ

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm not even a prime subscriber and I can watch that?

e: looks like they have a bunch of free first episodes and that's it tho

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Sep 21, 2017

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Yeah, everyone "owns" the Amazon pilot episodes, you could probably watch them even if you cancelled Prime.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I don't think it's even about what you own. I own Blade Runner on Amazon's streaming service but I can't watch it on YouTube.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
American Vandal is legit one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time. Not only is it a pitch perfect satire of true crime shows but every single character is so drat funny and well written and feel real.

The annoying high school kid who lies about EVERYTHING, the teacher who tries way too hard to be cool, it hits all the marks so perfectly.

I have no idea how the dumbest mystery in the world is also so drat compelling.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Hi friends! I've binged through the entirety of Luther in 3 days. Can anyone recommend any other fun, non-US detective stuff. I see Broadchurch and River on Netflix.

PS: everyone watch Luther.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
If you want to watch a bad detective show, like really bad, and don't mind subtitles get on Bad Guys because it goes places and has some pretty good fight choreography.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you want a great crime type show, Sneaky Pete on Amazon is utterly fantastic. Bryan Cranston and David Shore created (Graham Yost is also involved). Cranston is the villain and a great one, and Margo Martindale is terrific as a somewhat different spin on her type of character from Justified. Really, it's so good

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I watched Little Evil and thought it was pretty fun. Not amazing like Tucker and Dale was, but I enjoyed it enough.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

precision posted:

If you want a great crime type show, Sneaky Pete on Amazon is utterly fantastic. Bryan Cranston and David Shore created (Graham Yost is also involved). Cranston is the villain and a great one, and Margo Martindale is terrific as a somewhat different spin on her type of character from Justified. Really, it's so good

I liked Sneaky Pete, but it took like 4 episodes for it to grab me. I think it was Giovanni Ribisi, something about his mannerisms or something was off putting to me, couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah I can see that, it takes a few episodes for the supporting cast to come into their own and shine