Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

oddium posted:

everyone agrees: bart rules

I voted Barto so many times and Nami got a bunch of unfair matchups, so just imagine Barto in her place.

edit: reposting the link for the new page

http://enako.jp/cs/sort/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

nice top 5, carrot

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

lowercase16 posted:

I voted Barto so many times and Nami got a bunch of unfair matchups, so just imagine Barto in her place.

edit: reposting the link for the new page

http://enako.jp/cs/sort/

Franky is correct in the list, but the lack of Brook disappoints me.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

logger posted:

Franky is correct in the list, but the lack of Brook disappoints me.

I can only apologize. I voted for him a lot too, but he didn't make it for some reason. I also only voted for Merry and Crocodile, like, twice each, so... :shrug:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I can't wait to actively avoid looking at his 'signature style' ever again in my life, except possibly in my nightmares.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
What would everyone say is their favorite cover arc? I'm gonna have to go with Baroque Reunion for mine.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

OldTennisCourt posted:

What would everyone say is their favorite cover arc? I'm gonna have to go with Baroque Reunion for mine.

Enel on the moon

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I would've switched franky and chopper's positions but otherwise accurate (and the only objetively correct list)

e: timgd the image

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 16, 2017

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

OldTennisCourt posted:

Enel on the moon, definitely.

Wapol's rise to power as a toy magnate is also pretty great.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Enel on the moon is amazing. My favorites beyond that are the one where Gedatsu opens an Alabastian hot spring, the one where C9 become street performers to pay for Lucci's Doctor, and the one where Jango dances his way into the marines.

Honestly all the cover arcs are fantastic.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I always felt a tiny bit disappointed that Eneru didn't die in space.

The moon stuff was cool though.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/909084464042708992

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

It must be weird to read Arby's twitter if you don't like anime or video games.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

It must be weird to read Arby's twitter if you don't like anime or video games.

Nobody reads corporate twitters anyway.

edit: unless you are a nerd looking for dumb jokes these days I guess

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

it's weird and kinda dumb but still way better than the standard corporate twitter that just posts a bunch of banal tweets about specials and holidays and holiday specials

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I appreciate their efforts to reach out to fat anime and video game nerds

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Even haki seems really fluid about when it works on Logias tbh. Also Crocodile saying it's weird Blackbeard hurt Luffy is funny because now we have haki and also Luffy has been shown plenty of times to be hurt by blunt attacks.

luffy's been getting hurt by blunt attacks since the beginning almost but they still played it as a big deal on occasion, like when garp punched him on water 7

I guess people that can use haki can actually see it? that'd make the crocodile thing make sense. still funny that blackbeard thought that punching logias was a big deal tho

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

JahRoo posted:

it's weird and kinda dumb but still way better than the standard corporate twitter that just posts a bunch of banal tweets about specials and holidays and holiday specials

I just say oh nice and probably haven't been to one this year :shrug:

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
They've got a lot of nice paper art :shobon:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I got Bon Clay for #1 followed by Robin, Hancock, and Nami. I feel profiled

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

luffy's been getting hurt by blunt attacks since the beginning almost but they still played it as a big deal on occasion, like when garp punched him on water 7

I guess people that can use haki can actually see it? that'd make the crocodile thing make sense. still funny that blackbeard thought that punching logias was a big deal tho

I think the appeal of his fruit (besides flat-out exploiting a loophole to get on the level of literal monsters) is that you can punch a fire man and not have the fire man punch you back with fire. Or punch a rubber man that uses rubber to move super fast and take away his super speed.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I thought even before Haki was super fleshed out there were still people who had a degree of mastery over their Logia fruit that they could dodge attacks entirely meaning if you weren't fast enough then having Haki still didn't really matter. I think this was the case with Crocodile and Enel?

It still feels a bit off that it didn't seem fleshed out at all until after the Marineford war which puts some moments in the series at really awkward context, despite it being hinted back at a long, long time ago with Zoro cutting a rock in half

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RealFoxy posted:

I thought even before Haki was super fleshed out there were still people who had a degree of mastery over their Logia fruit that they could dodge attacks entirely meaning if you weren't fast enough then having Haki still didn't really matter. I think this was the case with Crocodile and Enel?

It still feels a bit off that it didn't seem fleshed out at all until after the Marineford war which puts some moments in the series at really awkward context, despite it being hinted back at a long, long time ago with Zoro cutting a rock in half

It was only the case with Crocodile. Eneru was utterly reliant on his fruit. But Crocodile felt you needed to go a bit beyond, it was stated at one point that Crocodile had trained his body so even when he was not aware of an attack his body would break apart when hit by an enemy attack. As Haki does not actually negate the powers of a fruit this is best way for Logia's to avoid damage from Haki users. (The exception to this being if he was hit with a wet object.) We actually have seen some high level Haki users against Higher level logia's back in the War of the Best. The Logia's broke apart their bodies when the attacks hit to avoid them or opened holes in themselves.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Logia intangibility is really vaguely defined, which is probably for the best honestly. Like, Enel could do it in his sleep, but Smoker and Ace both got clobbered by Luffy back in Alabasta.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Alacron posted:

Logia intangibility is really vaguely defined, which is probably for the best honestly. Like, Enel could do it in his sleep, but Smoker and Ace both got clobbered by Luffy back in Alabasta.

It's less that it's "vaguely defined," just certain people train it way more than others. Ace had only recently gotten his and Smoker was always more concerned with doing his job than spending a bunch of time mastering his already pretty powerful Devil Fruit. Croc and Enel just put the effort in.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Reminder that enel is about as strong as you get on observation haki so yeah hell dodge anything

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Does anyone else feel that LuNa shippers are just not reading the same material as us? This is One Piece, the main protagonists are Luffy and the Strawhats and Luffy LOVES his nakama EQUALLY. Yes, love. Friendship love, family love, platonic love, however you wanna call it. The Strawhats are the most important people in Luffy's life, excluding Sabo and Ace.

This is why this is the only pairing that I really do not sit well with. As mentioned before, Luffy loves his nakama equally, regardless of when they joined his crew. Him and Nami ending up together will just be flat out weird and null simply because it means Luffy has a specific bias towards Nami out of the crew members. And before anybody brings it up, yes I am aware that Nami is the only one that Luffy has entrusted his straw hat to. So what?? If the situation calls for it, Luffy would easily, without a single doubt or hesitation, entrust his straw hat to anyone in the crew, simply because yes, he loves them equally and trusts them with his life. Oda simply hasn't written such a scenario yet because there is no need to. To all LuNa fans out there, if the whole straw hat thing is all you can use to back up Luffy/Nami, ignoring both of their interactions with anybody else in OP, it goes to show how weak and fragile your ship truly is. In the end, the only relationship that Luffy and Nami has going on between them is a strong sibling-like friendship, where Nami clearly gets annoyed and fed-up with Luffy's antics but respects him immensely nonetheless, while Nami is just one of Luffy's precious nakama, him respecting her and her skills too.

I have no idea who Luffy will end up with at the end of One Piece, or if Oda will even entertain the notion of giving Luffy a Pirate Queen by his side. One thing's for sure though, Luffy will not end up with Nami, nor anyone else in the Strawhats simply because he loves them equally as nakama. With everything said, is this a childish and petty post on LuNa bashing? It probably is. Sue me. I just had to get this off my chest and share it.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

What.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brett824 posted:

Does anyone else feel that LuNa shippers are just not reading the same material as us? This is One Piece, the main protagonists are Luffy and the Strawhats and Luffy LOVES his nakama EQUALLY. Yes, love. Friendship love, family love, platonic love, however you wanna call it. The Strawhats are the most important people in Luffy's life, excluding Sabo and Ace.

This is why this is the only pairing that I really do not sit well with. As mentioned before, Luffy loves his nakama equally, regardless of when they joined his crew. Him and Nami ending up together will just be flat out weird and null simply because it means Luffy has a specific bias towards Nami out of the crew members. And before anybody brings it up, yes I am aware that Nami is the only one that Luffy has entrusted his straw hat to. So what?? If the situation calls for it, Luffy would easily, without a single doubt or hesitation, entrust his straw hat to anyone in the crew, simply because yes, he loves them equally and trusts them with his life. Oda simply hasn't written such a scenario yet because there is no need to. To all LuNa fans out there, if the whole straw hat thing is all you can use to back up Luffy/Nami, ignoring both of their interactions with anybody else in OP, it goes to show how weak and fragile your ship truly is. In the end, the only relationship that Luffy and Nami has going on between them is a strong sibling-like friendship, where Nami clearly gets annoyed and fed-up with Luffy's antics but respects him immensely nonetheless, while Nami is just one of Luffy's precious nakama, him respecting her and her skills too.

I have no idea who Luffy will end up with at the end of One Piece, or if Oda will even entertain the notion of giving Luffy a Pirate Queen by his side. One thing's for sure though, Luffy will not end up with Nami, nor anyone else in the Strawhats simply because he loves them equally as nakama. With everything said, is this a childish and petty post on LuNa bashing? It probably is. Sue me. I just had to get this off my chest and share it.

Source your quote.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Brett824 posted:

They're right. Luffy won't end up with anybody, except maybe Boa Hancock

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Luffy x Hammock otp

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Uh.. I also agree there's no sexual tension between my shonen heroes?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Luffy x Hammock otp

Luffy x Meat

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My OTP is Luffy/Adventure.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Waffleman_ posted:

My OTP is Luffy/Adventure.

gross

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only ship that matters in one piece is the going merry

Millions