Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Xander77 posted:

k, I don't think this artist has been posted in the thread before. Given the metaphor and the fuming everyman in the corner, I'm assuming he's trying to say that "Government and Hurricane funding" is a bad thing?

I think he means that the dems are stealing that money from Trump to use it for their own nefarious purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!

The_Other posted:

Looks like a page from a Where's Waldo.

Did you find the shoe?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

The_Other posted:

Looks like a page from a Where's Waldo.

Where's Waldo pages actually have a 'flow' to them, things that attract the eye and let it wander, dark and light, and other things that make it pleasing to look at. This does not.

(The 'attractors' are also used to make Waldo harder to find by putting him off the beaten path, so to speak)

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Garrison should know you cant beat the swamp so dont even bother to try.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

https://youtu.be/QASUovFOquw

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

Cat Mattress posted:

Old and sick people dying is natural; global warming is man-made. 0/10 Marlette, see me after class.

Hi. Here's the context for this story.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/909082544515231744

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/909083122607755264

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/909084567033860096

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Be that as it may, Marlette's cartoon with its "natural vs. man-made" is still pushing the agenda that global warming is a Chinese hoax and therefore lobbying hard for inaction against that thread; making him still just as much a piece of poo poo as Trump, Rick Scott, and the other people who are responsible both for encouraging global warming to continue unabated and for encouraging nursing homes to neglect their patients.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
True. I don't wish to defend Marlette. Just wanted to shine a light on the other part of the story, which people might not have heard of.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Chickens coming home to roost for Theresa May – Chris Riddell on the squadron of woes currently afflicting the government"

Sunday Telegraph:

Boris Johnson - My vision for a bold, thriving Britain enabled by Brexit; Boris Johnson ought to be fired, furious Tories tell May

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Despera posted:

Forget it, Ben, it's miretown.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I've seen some vague labels in my days, but "certain politicians" on some random non-specific people gotta be up there amongst the worst.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Trogdos! posted:

great av material coming from ben

I'm the gay alligator

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

E. nvm

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

RoboRodent posted:

I'm the gay alligator

We all are.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/bloomcounty/status/909028607279976448

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Cat Mattress posted:

Be that as it may, Marlette's cartoon with its "natural vs. man-made" is still pushing the agenda that global warming is a Chinese hoax and therefore lobbying hard for inaction against that thread; making him still just as much a piece of poo poo as Trump, Rick Scott, and the other people who are responsible both for encouraging global warming to continue unabated and for encouraging nursing homes to neglect their patients.

N..... No?

Both cases in his comic were Hurricane Irma. But over a third of the deaths from Irma were due to human incompetence at that nursing home and were immediately preventable vs the storm itself which was not.

People claiming Irma was specifically due to climate change are making the "weather = climate" error just as much as the "Look how cold it is this winter! Where's global warming now, libtards?" cartoons.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
[quote="“fordan”" post="“476486034”"]
People claiming Irma was specifically due to climate change are making the “weather = climate” error just as much as the “Look how cold it is this winter! Where’s global warming now, libtards?” cartoons.
[/quote]

:thunk:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cat Mattress posted:

Has Marlette taken a stance on climate change before this? I think I'm willing to give him a pass on calling a hurricane a natural disaster.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

RoboRodent posted:

I'm the gay alligator

Alligaytor. :rimshot:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Berke Breathed is making new Bloom County strips? :eyepop:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Or Openly Gaytor

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Has Marlette taken a stance on climate change before this? I think I'm willing to give him a pass on calling a hurricane a natural disaster.

Marlette once made a "Well Florida is underwater, but at least we have legal weed!" cartoon, which is pretty optimistic because it means Jeff Sessions is eventually ousted as AG.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Fister Roboto posted:

He has.

Marlette's a centrist-ish Democrat who generally tries to be as inoffensive as possible.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Pakled posted:

Marlette's a centrist-ish Democrat who generally tries to be as inoffensive as possible.
Obviously the worst thing imaginable.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Trogdos! posted:

great av material coming from ben

Bill Clinton is the only thing holding back a flood of rape? Or was he built to channel rape through generators to make electricity? I am so god-dammed confused.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Pakled posted:

Berke Breathed is making new Bloom County strips? :eyepop:

He came out of retirement to go after Trump. Apparently he's been targeting Trump for years (our paper didn't carry Bloom County so this is second hand knowledge) and he couldn't resist taking another shot at him.

Xander77 posted:

Obviously the worst thing imaginable.

Martin Luther King thought so. People who agree with your ideas but don't want to do anything to help are more frustrating than people who are openly hostile.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

:colbert:

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Uhhhh okayyyy... :psyduck:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I sincerely hope that your honey is full of deliriant substances Kirchen, you could use a change of perspective.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I literally want Branco to die as soon as possible but this owns

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Regular Nintendo posted:

I literally want Branco to die as soon as possible

What the gently caress

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Despera posted:

Particularly when your administration resembles a Goldman Sachs reunion party.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Jurgan posted:

He came out of retirement to go after Trump. Apparently he's been targeting Trump for years (our paper didn't carry Bloom County so this is second hand knowledge) and he couldn't resist taking another shot at him.

Breathed has had it in for Trump for ages. The original run of Bloom County routinely featured less-than-flattering depictions of him, at one point having his brain transplanted into Bill the Cat's body (after he got mauled by an anchor falling off one of his yachts), and the in-strip reason given for Bloom County wrapping is that Trump-in-cat's-body bought the strip out for some dumb reason.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
I can only assume Trump drowned in that swamp.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Ben Garrison and Peter Griffin have a fear of Swamp Monsters to share.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Darth Windu posted:

What the gently caress

He had a comic with Native Americans and the message was they are better off after the Columbian Exchange.

He is the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Breathed has had it in for Trump for ages. The original run of Bloom County routinely featured less-than-flattering depictions of him, at one point having his brain transplanted into Bill the Cat's body (after he got mauled by an anchor falling off one of his yachts), and the in-strip reason given for Bloom County wrapping is that Trump-in-cat's-body bought the strip out for some dumb reason.

Wasn't Bill POTUS at some point? Probably did a better job than the current one.

• Locked thread