Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Yeah its a really good name what of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lurken posted:

It's kind of pretty to look at, at least.

Not in the slightest. The effects looked cheap and, in some places, even unfinished. In one of the big establishing shots of a space station or something, I swear one of the shuttles that flew past looked like it didn't even have any textures applied to it. The main villains looked okay in a kind of bland, generic orc/vampire/reman kind of way, I guess.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It makes me think of a higher budget Stargate SG1.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I went in looking for Galaxy Quest and got Star Trek: B Crew. Which I can definitely see appealing to the big Star Trek/spaceship show fans out there but the "deceptive" or confusing advertising combined with the relatively good debut placing makes me curious what numbers are going to look like for its second and third episodes. Because it seems like a recipe for a lot of people like me who tuned in for the expectation but won't for the reality.

But we'll see. Its a rare case where I'm mildly curious to pay attention to ratings.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I went in looking for Galaxy Quest and got Star Trek: B Crew. Which I can definitely see appealing to the big Star Trek/spaceship show fans out there but the "deceptive" or confusing advertising combined with the relatively good debut placing makes me curious what numbers are going to look like for its second and third episodes. Because it seems like a recipe for a lot of people like me who tuned in for the expectation but won't for the reality.

But we'll see. Its a rare case where I'm mildly curious to pay attention to ratings.

I was expecting a dumbed down Galaxy Quest, but hoping for B Crew and was really pleased with it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I was expecting a dumbed down Galaxy Quest, but hoping for B Crew and was really pleased with it.

Yeah, I went into it fearing Family Guy IN SPACE so anything halfway competent is a pleasant surprise.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I just have a hard time giving a poo poo about episodic shows

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Tree Dude posted:

I just have a hard time giving a poo poo about episodic shows

If there's a show with an interesting concept that I'm having trouble watching week to week, I just wait til the season's over and watch at my leisure from there. Easier for me to stay engaged if the pace is more under my control.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Is it me or is it loving glacial though? There's some good gags, but so much dead space. It feels like 20 minute show padded to 40.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The best thing about Chloe Bennett's instagram is her derpy dog.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

I think it's interesting when people are basically saying "Seth is not funny. You know who's funny? Tim Allen."

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

cjg posted:

I think it's interesting when people are basically saying "Seth is not funny. You know who's funny? Tim Allen."

Trust me, Tim Allen was the worst thing about Galaxy Quest. Everything else was great.

Same thing with Seth and Orville.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Turn, Turn, Turn is still really great. Holds up well but it's definitely not as exciting as I remember. Buuut then again I did just see a season where Ghost Rider fought a magically powered Sapient AI.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I thought the Orville wasn't bad for what it was. Very poorly advertised, but definitely watchable.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah its a really good name what of it?

Ron Howard: It isn't.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Chokes McGee posted:

Ron Howard: It isn't.

lmao

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Is Bin Laden secretly HYDRA or is he the sneakiest motherfucker in the universe? Why didn't SHIELD go after him? :tinfoil:

e: guy brings it up during his supersoldier pitch to the Pentagon at the end of S1E21

Fitz :(:(:(:(

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 20, 2017

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Regy Rusty posted:

Reviewers seem to hate it yes, but viewer reception has been a lot more positive. Personally I thought it was decent and has potential to get a lot better. It remains to be seen if the big numbers the premier got hold up.

Are you suggesting that the creator of Family Guy made something that critics hate but the unwashed masses are gonna lap up? Poppycock!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Full disclosure I haven't seen it yet but I'll probably try it out based on everyone's comments to see if it will overcome my borderline irrational hatred of McFarlane. Kinda doubt it. Couldn't pass up the opportunity for a jab at him first though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The Orville isn’t bad. They gave the super strong girl eyebrows after the pilot so she could be more “relatable” to teenage hu-mon boys.

Mrs. Rainbowbeard said that the robot man has Brent Spiner’s inflections and the muscle alien has Michael Dorn’s.

It’s not a terrible show at all. It’s pretty much an off-brand Star Trek with a little extra humor that you don’t have to buy a subscription to CBA All Access to watch in America.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

counterfeitsaint posted:

Full disclosure I haven't seen it yet but I'll probably try it out based on everyone's comments to see if it will overcome my borderline irrational hatred of McFarlane. Kinda doubt it. Couldn't pass up the opportunity for a jab at him first though.

The Orville thread TNG welcomes more TNG irrational reviews...TNG.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It’s not a terrible show at all. It’s pretty much an off-brand Star Trek with a little extra humor that you don’t have to buy a subscription to CBA All Access to watch in America.

The latter, especially, is a strong selling point right now.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

counterfeitsaint posted:

Are you suggesting that the creator of Family Guy made something that critics hate but the unwashed masses are gonna lap up? Poppycock!

The Seth McFarlane jokes are the worst part of an otherwise fabulous re-imaging of Star Trek TOS + TNG. The jokes just make all the humans look like assholes. All of them except the doctor.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, they don’t seem wooden, that’s for sure.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

My favorite moment of the series is still SkyeDaisySkye shooting Ward :hellyeah:

Also Cal :allears:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My favorite moment of the series is still SkyeDaisySkye shooting Ward :hellyeah:

Also Cal :allears:

Cal just needed some coffee and pie.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The next time they bring back Ward I'll get all worked up about people trying to rehab him but then I'll get so happy when someone shoots him.

That's my Agents of SHIELD.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Every season Brett Dalton gets brought back so different people can shoot him.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So, Inhumans already cancelled? They are are billing it as the complete series.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/m...en-airs-a153972

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

bull3964 posted:

I've seen headlines both ways to be honest. We'll just have to wait for official word.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its always seemed to be whatever the modern equivalent of "mini series" is. Which doesn't discount it from having a second season but should mean its a stand alone story. At least that's always what I've assumed it is.

Like that's how the Agent Carter seasons worked for me. Stand alone, short order "seasons/series." Or the Netflix shows.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

STAC Goat posted:

Its always seemed to be whatever the modern equivalent of "mini series" is. Which doesn't discount it from having a second season but should mean its a stand alone story. At least that's always what I've assumed it is.

Like that's how the Agent Carter seasons worked for me. Stand alone, short order "seasons/series." Or the Netflix shows.

It's a face saving tv measure. When a show tests as badly as Inhumans has they relabel it as a limited run series and can say "No, we didn't cancel it, it was only ever meant to run for 12 episodes."

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It’s pretty much an off-brand Star Trek with a little extra humor

It'd be great if it turned out to be a stealth TV adaptation of John Scalzi's Red Shirts.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm still worried that Inhumans has damaged AoS. Money was taken out (i mean it looks cheap, but it couldn't have been that cheap) of AoS budget for it is a real fear. Especially since this upcoming season looks like it will be Space.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the FIRST PART of our LIMITED 12 EPISODE thing

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

bull3964 posted:

UPDATE: ABC has reached out to us with the following statement: "Please be advised on background that this is the same promotional verbiage we’ve been using throughout our campaign, as this is not a new poster." With that in mind, we probably shouldn't take that "the COMPLETE series" quote as gospel and the door might just still be open for a second season to happen. Stay tuned for updates.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They are advertising the complete series starting the 29th because they released the first two episodes in IMAX on the 1st. People are reading too much into it.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
It should be canceled.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I hope they really push the limited run tv mini series thing, and then it turns out it ends on like a giant cliffhanger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kinda like Heroes Reborn. They said they have no plans for another season, then the series ended with a tease for another season.

• Locked thread