Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I guess sometimes a piss jar is just piss jar.

My only regret is that she didn't yell HOLY poo poo! PIIIISSSS! before the explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

graham cracker posted:

Have any BvS fans justified the jar of piss yet?

Like Leto's Joker, Alexander Luthor enjoys humiliating people.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Jose Oquendo posted:

On the downside, no more Holly Hunter, who was great in that small role.

This is the real tragedy, she was so good.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Holly Hunter is awesome in everything.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Spacebump posted:

She was around before the fight. The best part was Batman sending her those hilarious e-mails.

When the JLA read Batmans emails do they hear it in Bale or modulated voice?

"Hey Diana, I'm at the Penguins club drinking an old fashioned. Cheetah's trashed and clawing at me...I need back up now. ;)"

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Gorn Myson posted:

Holly Hunter is awesome in everything.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I think that's still my favorite Coen movie.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
It's funny that people object more to the piss jar than the hundreds of characters dying immediately afterwards.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Might be for me too. I just realized that the trailer fight in Kill Bill 2 was a reference to the trailer fight in Raising Arizona

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tPnv2NXMx8g

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

It's funny that people object more to the piss jar than the hundreds of characters dying immediately afterwards.

That's why he's like Jared Leto's Joker, the lack of "taste" is what's inappropriate.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Sir Kodiak posted:

I don't know what it would mean for something to be necessary or unnecessary "in a superman movie."

I'd like to see a supes movie without kryptonite as a plot device

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
When you give a jar of piss, it is a tragedy. When you kill a million...it is a statistic...

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

got any sevens posted:

I'd like to see a supes movie without kryptonite as a plot device

Man of Steel, Superman II, Superman IV

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Isn't what's his face in Superman IV made out of kryptonite?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

No. He's sort of a clone of Superman. Lex took Superman's DNA, tinkered with it, and launched the embryo into the sun.

Superman 4 has some good ideas and if it were made by more competent people it could have been something.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

He's made out of nuclear bombs.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm glad someone knew because I am not in a hurry to watch Superman IV again.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Superman IV is extremely good, actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGVyXmiLOVc

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
It's funny that we get that jar of piss and then a year later the president elect of America has a piss scandal.

And comics nerds are still fixated on the movie instead of the much more absurd and tragic real life.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!
e: dammit! ^^

graham cracker posted:

Have any BvS fans justified the jar of piss yet?

I dunno how he feels about BvS, but Trump has gone past justification and made it eerily prescient.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

josh04 posted:

holy poo poo

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Superman having rando and arbitrary powers is pretty canonical isn't it?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Hodgepodge posted:

I dunno how he feels about BvS, but Trump has gone past justification and made it eerily prescient.

"Luthor's character makes sense. Why would anyone be that self-destructive and contradictory?" - People in 2016

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

porfiria posted:

Even in that series, Kryptonian Force powers were a thing in Superman II.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

porfiria posted:

Early story Superman capability would be pegged somewhere between "All-Powerful Creator" and "demigod thereof."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Found this on another DC fanpage on Facebook.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

The MSJ posted:

Found this on another DC fanpage on Facebook.

At least somebody managed to shut Devin Faraci up for a while

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Didn't he have some kind of scandal? What was it?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Snowman_McK posted:

-Total rear end in a top hat
-It came out that he sexually assaulted someone
-Stepped down from his website but was still doing work for Alamo Drafthouse under the table
-Alamo Drafthouse recently announced he was gonna do work for them above board
-Big backlash
-He stepped down from that now, too

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

It's funny that we get that jar of piss and then a year later the president elect of America has a piss scandal.

And comics nerds are still fixated on the movie instead of the much more absurd and tragic real life.

We can't do anything about either but at least the movie won't kill us

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Snowman_McK posted:

He tweeted about Trump grabbing women by the pussy and how you have to believe women, then some lady replied "hey remember when you grabbed me by the pussy at a party to embarrass me in front of your friends?", then he replied "I don't remember that but I must believe you that it happened. I'm very sorry" and then a couple hours later announced his resignation then loving disappeared forever.

The next guy I hope disappears is John Campea who is a total sexist rear end in a top hat. When Gal Gadot was announced he insulted her as a bad underwear model who isn't believable as a fighter, then when his co-host said she was in the Israeli army he said "maybe the mail room" and shouted "I don't want a 90 pound Wonder Woman!", and talked nothing but trash about her and the film until about a month before it came out.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Al Borland Corp. posted:

The next guy I hope disappears is John Campea who is a total sexist rear end in a top hat. When Gal Gadot was announced he insulted her as a bad underwear model who isn't believable as a fighter, then when his co-host said she was in the Israeli army he said "maybe the mail room" and shouted "I don't want a 90 pound Wonder Woman!", and talked nothing but trash about her and the film until about a month before it came out.

loving lol

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It's not only possible; it's exactly the case. You are not a horrible monster.

You are a boring person who perceives your enjoyment as being under threat.

:ironicat:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

josh04 posted:

For me to poop on!

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

josh04 posted:

No joke, some of those effects look pretty good.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Dude's a clown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i3Xpo46CPc

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Is there some interview where he has to eat poo poo after the movie was confirmed amazing

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is there some interview where he has to eat poo poo after the movie was confirmed amazing successful?

You mistyped.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Chris Mckay talks about his vision for Nightwing to Collider

quote:

“It’s gonna be a loving badass action movie with a lot of heart and emotion. It’s gonna be a crazy, fun ride. Whoever gets cast as Nightwing, and any of the other actors around, are gonna go through a loving boot camp experience because it’s gonna be a lot. I’m not gonna do a lot of CG. It’s gonna be all real poo poo. It’s gonna be real stuntwork, and they’re gonna need to do all of the stuff on camera and do it credibly. For the cast and the crew, it’s gonna be a visceral experience, and for the audience. It’s not gonna be like a lot of these movies where there’s a lot of CG and flying, and things like that. Everything he does is gonna have to be real. His superpower is being really loving good, as a human being, at fighting and gymnastics and poo poo like that, so you’re gonna see that on screen. It’s gonna be fun!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Jose Oquendo posted:

I think that's still my favorite Coen movie.

• Locked thread