Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Didn't think the MIDA meta in Trials was bullshit until tonight, and now it's all that I can see. The map they chose for weeks 1 of Trials is loving terrible for that. GOOD JOB BUNGO, THAT'S A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION, WELL DONE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Mazerunner posted:

nightfall, raid, shaxx's crucible thing, trials reset weekly

but there's nothing that is straight up gone forever, you just miss your chance at that week

What time do they reset at?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Beat Callus. Thank you, lord.

(I have the auto rifle, sword and Warlock chest piece so far)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Crazy Larry posted:

1 to 2 am Pacific

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Crazy Larry posted:

2AM PST every Tuesday. This will reset the nightfall, the raid, the call to arms crucible quest, Cayde's treasure maps, Ikora's meditations, and a few other things.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm going to hate when I finally do the Raid it'll be a week before the first expansion pops up making all the cool shiny golden Calus gear outdated against whatever stupid insect and fishbone gear the third Hive raid provides

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'm 289 and was grinding out some public events, and got an exotic engram. They decrypted as 290 Synthoceps, and I was already wearing 290 Synthoceps. It's the first time an exotic didn't bump me up at least a point. And I've noticed rares are sometimes dropping at 279 instead of 280. It's obviously doing this to slow me down and it's annoying. My only milestone left for Powerful Gear is the raid, so I might just take a break until reset if this is gonna keep happening.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Calaveron posted:

I'm going to hate when I finally do the Raid it'll be a week before the first expansion pops up making all the cool shiny golden Calus gear outdated against whatever stupid insect and fishbone gear the third Hive raid provides

The gear isn't even overpowered, it's whatever level you are at.

It's more about the look you want.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Calaveron posted:

The game has an Infusion mechanic, so no

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Roman posted:

I'm 289 and was grinding out some public events, and got an exotic engram. They decrypted as 290 Synthoceps, and I was already wearing 290 Synthoceps. It's the first time an exotic didn't bump me up at least a point. And I've noticed rares are sometimes dropping at 279 instead of 280. It's obviously doing this to slow me down and it's annoying. My only milestone left for Powerful Gear is the raid, so I might just take a break until reset if this is gonna keep happening.

lmao like if you finish all your milestones for the week and you've plugged however many hours in and you're just grinding public events rather than raid than wtf do you expect? Bungie is trying to tell you to raid or take a break, drat. The game hasn't been out two weeks yet and all the people playing 12 hours a day are starting to complain about the gear grind.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

1 to 2 am Pacific

haveblue posted:

2AM PST every Tuesday. This will reset the nightfall, the raid, the call to arms crucible quest, Cayde's treasure maps, Ikora's meditations, and a few other things.

Thanks. Nice to know I have another day or so since I'm feeling like crap and don't want to do anything that requires any effort today.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
not wanting to raid is totally fine tho i finished like three raid encounters and didn't get a single loving item and i can't even use the raid vendor because you need to beat the raid to unlock him?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

not wanting to raid is totally fine tho i finished like three raid encounters and didn't get a single loving item and i can't even use the raid vendor because you need to beat the raid to unlock him?

Yep.

Gardens and Calus can both drop gear, but it isn't guaranteed, and I've never seen anyone claim to get gear from baths or gauntlet. You're expected to get most of your raid gear from tokens.

Once you beat it once, I guess you can just run a few encounters a week for tokens, though.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Yeah it is pretty shite, wouldn't be surprised if they make drops a little more common and remove that restriction. The gear I ended up getting from the raid in total was a 295 bond, a 300 chest piece from the final boss and then a 288 submachine gun that seems pretty rubbish from what I've seen, going to have to give it a go myself obviously though.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Funkmaster General posted:

Yep.

Gardens and Calus can both drop gear, but it isn't guaranteed, and I've never seen anyone claim to get gear from baths or gauntlet. You're expected to get most of your raid gear from tokens.

Once you beat it once, I guess you can just run a few encounters a week for tokens, though.

I have 31 tokens, still need to beat calus. I did get the raid scout rifle, which is now my favorite scout rifle in the game.

By the time I beat him I'll probably have 60 or more tokens.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

ElNarez posted:

Didn't think the MIDA meta in Trials was bullshit until tonight, and now it's all that I can see. The map they chose for weeks 1 of Trials is loving terrible for that. GOOD JOB BUNGO, THAT'S A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION, WELL DONE.

:allears:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Roman posted:

Is 289 your base rating, or do you have some/all legendary mods? Pretty sure the latter don't count for loot calculations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

isk posted:

Is 289 your base rating, or do you have some/all legendary mods? Pretty sure the latter don't count for loot calculations.
Yeah I forgot I have legendary mods in all my armor and gear. So I guess anything other than exotic arms might have given me a boost?

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Yep.

I got arms from baths and the raid auto rifle from the gauntlet. The auto rifle is pretty good and the arms look like garbage.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

The Prospector sucks. Holy poo poo calm the gently caress down grenade. You are not made of flubber.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Roman posted:

The game has an Infusion mechanic, so no

Destiny 1 had Year 1 and Year 2 gear and Year 1 gear was completely useless after Crota's End I think

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Calaveron posted:

Destiny 1 had Year 1 and Year 2 gear and Year 1 gear was completely useless after Crota's End I think

That will not be the case here

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Can you explain this? Does the vendor remain accessible and encounters still drop tokens? It's no longer one and done per week?

I mean, if nightfall drops gear multiple times, maybe it makes sense you can keep running the raid too?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Thanks for the answers about power level earlier, they really helped.

Incudentally am I the only one who thinks the Legionaries look like red hamsters? It makes me feel bad to shoot them.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Celery Jello posted:

Incudentally am I the only one who thinks the Legionaries look like red hamsters? It makes me feel bad to shoot them.

*Tei reads this post and smiles*

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Celery Jello posted:

Oh good it's not just me then

Up close they look scary, but that white stripe makes them look like hamster heads from any distance

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Ultimate Mango posted:

Can you explain this? Does the vendor remain accessible and encounters still drop tokens? It's no longer one and done per week?

I mean, if nightfall drops gear multiple times, maybe it makes sense you can keep running the raid too?

I think they mean, once you've beaten the raid once and then you don't want to do the full raid, you can just do a couple bosses to get the tokens and then hand them in to get raid loot still. Obviously a reset hasn't happened yet but the vendor probably won't need to be unlocked every week. Can also just do a couple bosses on each character and grab some gear that way.

Once you get one character up to 300 and have the others at like 293ish, all your characters "powerful gear" engrams will start dropping around 300 right?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I forgot, at the end of Destiny 1 did they ever let you infuse the VoG gear up to spec?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Calaveron posted:

I forgot, at the end of Destiny 1 did they ever let you infuse the VoG gear up to spec?

At the end of Destiny 1 they started that "age of triumph" thing where the old raids could be done at current levels and drop current level stuff I think, I'd mostly dropped Destiny 1 at that point though so never did them.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Calaveron posted:

yes.

year 1 stuff was still year 1 light level, but they updated all the raids to drop infusable gear at high light

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'm glad I love grinding. I can totally get my power way the gently caress up just running around patrolling from the sound of it. Cool! I won't whine about the lack of raid matchmaking as much as long as I can still level up and get nice poo poo in other ways :D

Yeah sometimes I feel like getting super high and mindlessly grinding for poo poo, so this game has got my back.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Roman posted:

Oh good it's not just me then

Up close they look scary, but that white stripe makes them look like hamster heads from any distance

Thank god I thought I was insane

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ok, forget that about getting powerful gear for replaying adventures, I just re-cleared titan and didn't get anything over 269

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Mithross posted:

Are you boosting your sparrow through loading zones? That's a good way to end up forever alone.

I mean yeah, as much as I'm always boosting while traveling. Is this one of those lovely design things where you need to just sit in one area because it takes a long time to populate the instance? I guess that'd at least cut it down to doing one every 15 minutes or so, assuming other people are there. I've tried waiting full timers out and no one ever shows. Maybe Nessus/EDZ aren't hotbeds anymore?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
So having just hit 20 and seeing the stuff about soft caps, what exactly is the point of the blue gear “trailing” your max power level rather than just tapering off at the cap? Since you can infuse that stuff if you want to keep it (which I’m assuming is something you might do), what does it matter whether it’s 265 or 271?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I have wasted so many shards getting things up one point at a time.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Did I gently caress up by turning in all my milestones at 260? I get a whole bunch more on Tuesday right?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Ultimate Mango posted:

I have wasted so many shards getting things up one point at a time.

Stop doing this you don't need to anymore!!!!1

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Celery Jello posted:

So having just hit 20 and seeing the stuff about soft caps, what exactly is the point of the blue gear “trailing” your max power level rather than just tapering off at the cap? Since you can infuse that stuff if you want to keep it (which I’m assuming is something you might do), what does it matter whether it’s 265 or 271?

It limits the activities available to you to increase your power level, and therefore extends the content unless you grind it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

JBP posted:

Did I gently caress up by turning in all my milestones at 260? I get a whole bunch more on Tuesday right?

Yes and yes

If you really wanna power level, turn in milestones one at a time and only turn in the next after all your blues and purps stop dropping higher because of your last one.