Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

meh, they're already 2-0

3-0 isn't going to be much of a stretch at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Olsen being out is going to hurt a whole lot and Cam hurting his ankle and getting sacked 6 times is not a good sign.

The defense is cool and good but it's going to be a long season if they can't keep Cam upright. At least we get the saints next week. Brees is probably going to poo poo house the back end but at least it's a good team for Cam to get his arm dialed in against.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
This is the very definition of a phyrric victory.

I would very much rather be 1-1 than lose Olsen for the season. Without Olsen blocking and Kalil under center our O-line and Shula are going to get Cam killed. Doesn't help that he's still holding on the ball every down like it's 4th quarter in the playoffs.
It's a shame b/c the defense looks almost as good as our SB defense two years ago, even without Josh Norman.
I think the defense alone can get us 10 or 11 wins, but our offense isn't going to do anything against any elite team.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalil isn't out indefinitely; he had a weird neck thing this morning.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Yea the o line looked sooooo so weak today, especially without Ryan. It's gonna be a long season for poor ol cam :[

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Waking up with "a weird neck thing" isn't indicative of future full of good health.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Time to activate the Third Leg, Greg!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shiki Dan posted:

Waking up with "a weird neck thing" isn't indicative of future full of good health.

he's old.

this poo poo happens.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BlindSite posted:

Brees is probably going to poo poo house the back end but at least it's a good team for Cam to get his arm dialed in against.

He's not going to have time to throw, the way our line is playing.

This Saints team is just bad, pretty much top to bottom, unlike the previous decade when they've mostly just been bad on defense and special teams.

The offense as is cant score enough to win against even mediocre teams. I'd be shocked if this isn't Payton's last season, and probably Brees as well in that case.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Brees might be gone because the Saints can't afford him anymore anyway.

Even then, dead money for years. We're gonna suck for like a decade, may as well just get to it and hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Brees might be gone because the Saints can't afford him anymore anyway.

Even then, dead money for years. We're gonna suck for like a decade, may as well just get to it and hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

I thought we were pretty decent on dead money now.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

I thought we were pretty decent on dead money now.

I thought we were working Brees' contracts to put it all off as long as possible in ways that will completely gently caress us long after he's retired or left?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

I thought we were working Brees' contracts to put it all off as long as possible in ways that will completely gently caress us long after he's retired or left?

Nah, just one year deals I believe.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

His dead money hit is bad next year if we don't resign him, but after that we're fine.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

PostNouveau posted:

I went to a second line instead of watching the Saints get demolished, AMA

Is that where you hire a band and have your own parade? Hannibal Burress has a great bit about it.

Where was the parade?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

CannonFodder posted:

Is that where you hire a band and have your own parade? Hannibal Burress has a great bit about it.

Where was the parade?

hannibal is the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vDx4EryYz0

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

Where was the parade?

Yeah, the social clubs have them like every weekend this time of year. This one started at Eiffel Society and went through Central City.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
:getin:

DQ 5
GB 0

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad the Packers lost.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

We got their number for sure. At least in Atlanta...

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Not gonna lie, woke up in a good mood once I saw the Falcons result.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Love it! He took some serious shots last night. Clay and Takk's hits were big too.

https://twitter.com/CollinsworthPFF/status/909627507044839424

weird Asian candy fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 18, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

When was the last time gb played Atlanta when they weren't a walking MASH unit

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Fiz Fiz no baby wyd

You are better than that

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

the 2803rd MASH

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm serious

I'd love to play gb without their best wr and both offensive tackles

Last year the whole team had legionnaires disease or whatever

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

So we are just glancing over the fact the last three times we have beaten GB we have also had pretty significant injuries? Never mind that we lost our starting LB, starting RT, starting FS, starting nickel back, and key rotational dline piece. Yea, we were for sure at full strength when we beat them.

So salty.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Who was the major injury last season?

Trufant? The falcons were generally very healthy last season.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Lol there is no point discussing the Falcons with you rationally you just keep moving the goalposts so yea you're right Atlanta should be 0-3 against GB because...Fiz says.

:cry:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

weird Asian candy posted:

Lol there is no point discussing the Falcons with you rationally you just keep moving the goalposts so yea you're right Atlanta should be 0-3 against GB because...Fiz says.

:cry:

im serious who else was hurt last year im trying to remember

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Most notably Tru, Clay, Shelby, Spoon, Tammy and Ish. Coleman was also out a few games last year as was Julio.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/atl/2016_injuries.htm

Also Collins, while turning to poo poo In the SB was good but suspended the first 4 games.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Most notably Tru, Clay, Shelby, Spoon, Tammy and Ish. Coleman was also out a few games last year as was Julio.

Also Collins, while turning to poo poo In the SB was good but suspended the first 4 games.

Against the Packers specifically which is what we're talking about here.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

When was the last time gb played Atlanta when they weren't a walking MASH unit

When's the last time they weren't a MASH unit?

You're taking Fiz too seriously, man, he's really just like "Christ, what is wrong with GB" not "The win shouldn't count, GB is always hurtin'"

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chilichimp posted:

When's the last time they weren't a MASH unit?

The last time they played the Panthers, obviously.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

:lol: great fuckin' post.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

nah they were beat to hell in 2015 too

Carolina dog walked them

then gave up like 3 touchdowns in the fourth because panthers

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

You're taking Fiz too seriously, man, he's really just like "Christ, what is wrong with GB" not "The win shouldn't count, GB is always hurtin'"

Nah, his point is literally "When was the last time gb played Atlanta when they weren't a walking MASH unit". But then contradicts it by saying GB was beat up in 2015 when Carolina played them so I think this is a case of Fiz going full on retard whilst talking about the hated Falcon.

FizFashizzle posted:

Against the Packers specifically which is what we're talking about here.

That is against the Packers specifically. Did you even bother to look at the link?

wandler20 posted:

:laffo:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nah, his point is literally "When was the last time gb played Atlanta when they weren't a walking MASH unit". But then contradicts it by saying GB was beat up in 2015 when Carolina played them so I think this is a case of Fiz going full on retard whilst talking about the hated Falcon.

they weren't healthy last night. they haven't been healthy in years. if they had played the saints last night i would have said the same thing. i also brought it up because last year in the playoffs they were the walking dead, and the whole team had the flu on top of it.

quote:

That is against the Packers specifically. Did you even bother to look at the link?

no because you also brought up players that played in the game so i thought you misinterpreted me.

also lol don't list witherspoon as an injury the dude played like 5 games in 3 years. The falcons were generally one of the healthiest teams in the league last year, most importantly on the offensive line which is basically the biggest predictor of success in the NFL.

you are not being attacked. relax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

you are not being attacked. relax.

Maybe I am misinterpreting what your whole point (your Falcon posting history has given me PTSD) was but I do agree that we have gotten a bit lucky on the injury front with them. My whole point was it's not like it was a fully healthy Atlanta squad playing a 2nd string GB squad and these games weren't close. We were extraordinarily healthy on the OLine last year, you are correct, until the dang superbowl.

All of the names I listed, while not world beaters, were important pieces in a DQ defense where rotation is critical. Spoon was our starting OLB and it was supposed to be his resurgent year (lol) and with a defense comprised of mainly rookies and second year players, losing all those veterans were pretty big.

Anyway, whatever, Carolina is 2-0, Atlanta is 2-0, Tampa is 1-0 and New Orleans is 0-2 :laugh:

Bucs @ Vikes
Falcons @ Lions
Saints @ Panthers

I would root for the Saints, but that didn't turn out too well the last time so...

• Locked thread