Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

MaxxBot posted:

In a perfect world "job guarantee" would probably be better than UBI but the latter is so much easier to implement than the former I'm just gonna go ahead and side with UBI.

we would have had a jobs guarantee in the 70s had Carter not neutered the plan for no apparent reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Shear Modulus posted:

ubi and a good job for anyone who wants one

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

is this the bad guy in the show or the good guy

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

we would have had a jobs guarantee in the 70s had Carter not neutered the plan for no apparent reason

generally speaking the reason carter did most of the bad things he did was because he had bad politics

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

#theresistance

https://twitter.com/sallyalbright/status/909576478672769025

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

we would have had a jobs guarantee in the 70s had Carter not neutered the plan for no apparent reasonto advance capitalist interests over labor

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

if youre confused about a reason just follow the money

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Shear Modulus posted:

ubi and a good job for anyone who wants one

Yeah this is probably the way to go

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
I mean public vs. private reasons, whatever

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

comedyblissoption posted:

im a little afraid of what zuckerberg's notion of UBI is

he went to alaska on his "totally not running for president" tour and wrote like 1500 words about the check that citizens get for $1500 or 2000 a year has really opened his eyes to how UBI can be implemented and the positive effects thereafter.

so, let's split the different and say $1750/year.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

you get $2000 a year but they're ZuckBucks and can only be spent on clothes for your Clash of Clans VR character

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Shear Modulus posted:

is this the bad guy in the show or the good guy

It's an incompetent comic-relief character.

e: also zuckerbucks is better than zuckbucks because then his supporters can proudly call themselves zuckers and wonder why the rest of us are laughing

Seyser Koze has issued a correction as of 03:59 on Sep 18, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

How did you get lovely VHS rips of a TV show from 2015?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

you get $2000 a year but they're ZuckBucks and can only be spent on clothes for your Clash of Clans VR character

zuck bucks can be redeemed on the facebook marketplace, valued citizen

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

tbf she has been making a paycheque making fun of her for a while, so maybe she felt like she had to say something

otoh her praise of hilldawg always seems sincere so :shrug:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

my god

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I am honestly ambivalent on jobs guarantee vs basic income

The obvious solution is to abolish money anyway

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Liberals are going to get us all killed.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

How did you get lovely VHS rips of a TV show from 2015?

do you know how impossible it is to find a clip of one punch man you can actually feed into an online video-to-gif converter? extremely difficult it turns out!! they look vhs-y because i sized them up from a video where it was small enough to not trip copyright detection

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Joementum posted:

It's not one or the other dawg.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/909475793490849792

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Joementum posted:

decommidify health care, food, water, shelter, transportation, internet, etc

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Bip Roberts posted:

It's not one or the other dawg.

hence my ambivalence

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Love that the Clintons had an active hand in ruining post-Soviet Russia and putting Yeltsin -> Putin and power, and now it's all V. Putie's fault that HRC lost.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
meanwhile, dead ken:

https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/909619856072462336

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

those look like decent gloves depending on the price

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

As :discourse: as that 24% number for Clinton/McCain voters is, I do wish it would get mentioned more that like ~9% of Obama primary voters went to McCain. People do weird poo poo when it comes to primaries and GEs.
it was something like 7% of ukip members who voted to remain. theres always that weird cross section that votes like that and i dont think the sanders -> trump supporters was that much higher.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

Which they absolutely should have been able to do. Bernie and the Democrats' insistence that the decision must be overturned is both bad policy and politically infeasible to accomplish. I wish they'd talk about public financing and the DISCLOSE act instead.

Bernie, the Dems, and Ruth Bader Ginsburg are actually 100% correct CU despite the epic concern trolling from fishmech & co.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i love that dumb dems have fully embraced sean spicer and forget that he has always been a republican troglodyte
there is legitimate gwb revisionism, both from the democrat base and from hillary herself. contrast with her regret over the iraq vote lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/909171195253321728

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spring Break My Heart posted:

there is legitimate gwb revisionism, both from the democrat base and from hillary herself. contrast with her regret over the iraq vote lol

She was tricked! You can't blame Clinton for voting for the Iraq War, that silver-tongued devil George W. Bush clouded her mind and fooled her senses with his elaborately constructed deceit.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
LOL this is the best one

https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/909164023081586688

Hillary in summation:

Terrible writer
Powerhungry
Hates interacting with people

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

pepperidge farm goldfish crackers

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

For those not in the know "Chipotle burrito bowl" is slang for a mix of weed/cocaine/opium

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frijolero posted:

Love that the Clintons had an active hand in ruining post-Soviet Russia and putting Yeltsin -> Putin and power, and now it's all V. Putie's fault that HRC lost.

American foreign policy is unable to connect the dots and realize it causes all its own misery.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if only hillary had opened up about her favorite #brands during the election she would have swept the youth vote

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Calibanibal posted:

For those not in the know "Chipotle burrito bowl" is slang for a mix of weed/cocaine/opium

hell yeah she would have been a good assed prez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

secretary clinton which government department would you eliminate

DEA, next question

• Locked thread