Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

You need to listen to bolt thrower at a higher volume then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I don't need music to pump me up

I don't need a bitch boy hyping my lifts every rep

I'm a man and I can lift in complete silence other than my grunts and farts

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

post ur gross hands

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

how'd you take that picture...

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Those are not his hands

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Pray for me, brothers, the insurance adjuster is coming this week and will tell me if flood insurance will pay for a new rack. It sacrificed itself to protect my newish Rogue bar.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I was walking back to the locker room yesterday and heard a guy doing Russian twists let out a big ole fart right as I walked by.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Top tip for broad shoulders and popping delts - shave your head.

Bonus: hides some of the grey.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

nooneofconsequence posted:

how'd you take that picture...

dilz*

no but really there's a timer function on my camera phone and I was doing incline dumbbell bench press, so I sat my phone on the edge of the bench (with the base of it near my crotch LLLADIES) and used the 2-second timer.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I, too, call my dick "the bench" dudes love it and ladies avoid it like the plague.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Steroids status: Still pretty cool

The one regret in my lifting life is I'll never use steroids, probably

What is it like to train on steroids?
Dave Pearce, I've used steroids effectively and safely
Answered Jul 21
No doubt about it - It’s pretty cool.

This answer is based on testosterone. Other steroids can vary… although broadly similar.

Once they start to kick in, you’ll notice:

Improved strength - nothing crazy, but you will consistently increase your current max weights every week of your cycle. In every exercise. If you have hit a plateau anywhere you’ll smash through it. You need to be careful you don’t damage joints and tendons (although with testosterone the added water helps with this).
Improved endurance. You’ll be able to do more reps and more sets before you run out of power. There’s just more gas in the tank.
Improved focus. It’s much easier to make the mind-muscle connection. Rather then dragging your tired rear end through a difficult workout - you’ll be fully focused on every movement and what muscle you are hitting. You’ll be able to channel the added focus/aggression to your goals.
Improved recovery. You’ll be able to hit it hard in the gym every time - because you won’t be sore from the previous punishing you gave yourself. You can train every day of the week without significant soreness. Sometimes you feel like you can train twice a day. I always give the example of my leg day. On cycle I can do an insane squatting session, then wake up the next day like nothing happened. Normally that would be me effectively disabled for a couple of days. I get bad DOMS in the legs… but not on cycle.
Improved libido. Be careful which hot gym girls you look at and what you let wander into your thoughts, because you’ll have yourself a giant unwanted erection. It’s happened to me on a treadmill before to the point where I had to stop!
Overall feeling of well being and that “everything is gonna be ok”.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself
Holy poo poo if that doesn't make me want to take steroids

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

A failed squat rep has a lot in common with taking a massive poo poo, except in this case the poo poo wins out in the end

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Grump posted:

Holy poo poo if that doesn't make me want to take steroids

yeah but you'll go bald

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I always thought my balls were too big anyway

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Actually I might start doing some steroids soon. Not like, those crazy ones like Rich Piano did

Just some testosterone. I already feel good in my body but I'm just curious what it feels like to be om Captain America serum for a while

For the record I've armored myself with anti-hairloss stuff that my roided up friend said was good

It'll be interesting to see if I get moobs though

and if my balls implode

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I asked my doctor about psychological effects, and he said that, at least at the levels you get from TRT, it doesn't increase libido so much as it increases confidence. So you're roughly as horny as you've always been, but a fair bit less inhibited from doing something about it.

I've only been on it six days, but the only effect I've noticed so far is my face is oily every morning. Gonna have to start having an American-Psycho-esque cleansing routine.

As far as confidence, eh, I managed okay before with only the output of my weak and defective balls, we'll see what happens.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Doc Hawkins posted:

I've only been on it six days, but the only effect I've noticed so far is my face is oily every morning. Gonna have to start having an American-Psycho-esque cleansing routine.
Give it time to adjust. Your body is actually pretty good at not over or under producing that stuff. No experience with PEDs but lots of experience with being oily.

In fact, gently caress moisturizers and gently caress cleansers both. I stopped using moisturizer a year ago and my skin is notably better. Cleanser is a personal taste thing I guess. If I'm exposed to lots of dirt/dust/whatever I'll use it, but most days I don't. It's different for girls or people who wear makeup because cleansers, or other similar products, are pretty useful then. This is coming from someone who used both religiously for over a decade, including cleansing twice per day. Moisturizers dry my skin out to an insane degree and perpetuate a cycle of needing moisturizer to not look like some kind of reptile shedding its skin. The kind that don't do that make my face feel itchy/slightly burning and leave it "dry" and irritated. I still use the first kind of moisturizer as a spot treatment if I get a dry patch or something.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 12, 2017

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Have you tried bathing your face in cum?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Fartbox posted:

Have you tried bathing your face in cum?

Goddamn it Fartbox, can we keep it classy here for once

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXoRdSTrR-4

There's like literally no reason not to take steroids if you're not a pro athlete, this is a great documentary

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

This just in, bubble guts are the new craze! Dadbods in again and abs are out!

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Sisyphus smiled as he pushed the boulder up the hill

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Zahgaegun posted:

Sisyphus smiled as he pushed the boulder up the hill

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Sisyphus did crossfit

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Yo I got like 4, 4.5 hours of sleep last night, so I'm really tired and get off work in three hours and don't want to work out.

My job is AT the gym, so it's not like I have to drive across town or anything, but it's a lovely gym so none of my co-workers have any amphetamines or anything.

What do?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Chief McHeath posted:

Yo I got like 4, 4.5 hours of sleep last night, so I'm really tired and get off work in three hours and don't want to work out.

My job is AT the gym, so it's not like I have to drive across town or anything, but it's a lovely gym so none of my co-workers have any amphetamines or anything.

What do?

Skip the workout who cares?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

gently caress you guy who runs around to 20 different stations and doesn't do a single lift properly. The seated calf raise is not a rocking chair.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

gently caress you guy who runs around to 20 different stations and doesn't do a single lift properly. The seated calf raise is not a rocking chair.

Yo im using that

Yo im using that one too

Actually this whole line of machines is under my jurisdiction bro, gimme a coupla hours

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
me after my sets
https://i.imgur.com/khOnfT4.gifv

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Khorne posted:

Give it time to adjust. Your body is actually pretty good at not over or under producing that stuff. No experience with PEDs but lots of experience with being oily.

In fact, gently caress moisturizers and gently caress cleansers both. I stopped using moisturizer a year ago and my skin is notably better. Cleanser is a personal taste thing I guess. If I'm exposed to lots of dirt/dust/whatever I'll use it, but most days I don't. It's different for girls or people who wear makeup because cleansers, or other similar products, are pretty useful then. This is coming from someone who used both religiously for over a decade, including cleansing twice per day. Moisturizers dry my skin out to an insane degree and perpetuate a cycle of needing moisturizer to not look like some kind of reptile shedding its skin. The kind that don't do that make my face feel itchy/slightly burning and leave it "dry" and irritated. I still use the first kind of moisturizer as a spot treatment if I get a dry patch or something.

this is all good news for me because i don't do anything to take care of my skin or perform any other basic self-care (besides lifting dem weights!)

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

sassassin posted:

Skip the workout who cares?

gently caress you I worked out anyway and went home and took a nap.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Chief McHeath posted:

gently caress you I worked out anyway and went home and took a nap.

The best reason to work out.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I took a week off going to the gym and not watching what I was eating (read: I bought weed, got lazy and ate a shitload)

Monday morning I was up 12 pounds from a week ago.

Today I was down 8 pounds from that.

I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself that often but holy cow what a difference.

Going to the gym again felt great though.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

and gently caress you guy who dragged a bench across the gym to the cable cross to do some lovely looking press/fly thing for an hour and didn't put the bench back

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

and gently caress you guy who dragged a bench across the gym to the cable cross to do some lovely looking press/fly thing for an hour and didn't put the bench back

boo hoo

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Worked out with a friend (helped her with her squats and showed her how to do bent-over rows), and at the end she joked about how there's a big brown stained line across the back, neck, and shoulders of my workout shirt from squatting.

A: wipe your bars down, people. God drat.
B: gently caress yeah.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I hope she had nice and strong glutes

namaste

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Wash your gym clothes jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I do, the brown stripe gets ... lighter.

I bring 3 gym shirts and shorts a week to my office. I wear one set for a day, if I work hard enough i only use it one day. If it's not that bad, i spray febreze on it and use it the next day then take it home. This is all that wicking workout material.

I'm a sweaty boy.