Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Huxley posted:

Titan armor counterpoint:

Titan (the planet) gives the best loving helmets. Space mans erry day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Titan is the only class with its own planet.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Being Big is something we should all aspire to whether in our shoulders or in our hearts

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Grow fat from strength.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
LMAO I just looked up the rest of the armor sets and the PS4 exclusives are definitely just things that should have been left on the cutting room floor. Icarus Drifter in particular jesus christ

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the titan trials and raid gear both look like steamy poo poo, and they'd better add in the zavala armor at some point like they did in d1

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!

(thanks to Yamdankee for the "artwork" and donating a PSN card and thanks to Sisselyn for donating one too!)

BIG DUM CLAN CONTEST

So with Destiny 2 down for maintenance for four hours that means we all have time to do things that are not related to Destiny, right? Wrong. With six "BDSM" [KINK] clans there's got to be at least half a dozen creative people in that mess of 500 or so goons and friends of goons, right? So we're going to do a contest with actual prizes. A contest where you get to be creative! And one where it encourages GOOD posting in this thread!

Get creative and make something cool, funny, salty (like pubbie tears, not the ocean), witty, etc. I'm leaving this really open because I want the only real limitation to be YOUR CREATIVITY and that it be related to Destiny 2 in some way.

I also want to encourage people to join the Discord so we have one unified launching point for goons in space that are dum and want to play Destiny 2. We have new features like clan battalion coordination channels and roles, lots of new mods, and more!

Link to the Contest Discord Channel:
https://discord.gg/ZjUqdW5

RULES:
1. It has to be posted in the thread. You can't just post it to the Discord (so you have to give Lowtax $10 at least once in your life)
2. You have to be currently in one of the six [KINK] clans (soon to be... seven)
3. Create whatever the heck you want: YouTube video, image, LEGO Destiny monstrosity, etc. that is related to Destiny 2!
4. Make it cool, witty, funny, or anything else good! Big and dum, if you will!
5. Follow all other forum rules (don't post anything egregious or bannable)
6. You can submit as many things as you want, but one prize per person!
7. Kay, Waffles, and Somera are going to help me judge the winners!

PRIZES:

First Place:
$50 PSN Gift Card
(1 prize available)

Second Place:
$20 PSN Gift Card
(2 prizes available)

Third Place:
$10 PSN Gift Card
(1 available)

Fourth Place:
ONE WHOLE HOUR of Destiny 2 with me (Insane Totoro) as your concierge. Like I don't care if it's Nightfall Prestige or whatever. I'll do it!
(1 available, PS4 only unless you want to buy me an Xbox and grind a character on it to level 20 and LL280)

Fifth Place:
Put your mom/wife/husband/stoner manta ray grandma/SO/etc. on the PSN party chat headset/mic and I will them that I gave you specific permission to play Destiny 2 and that you're going to enjoy it and be a better person for it.
(1 available, PS4 only)

CONTEST ENDS: 12:01AM October 7th

And just one more thing. Listen up guys: the point is to HAVE FUN!!! And no it doesn't have to be related to Moana...

Insane Totoro fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Sep 18, 2017

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Wasn't I supposed to get a speeder bike and a gun since I preordered? All I seem to have gotten is a xp bonus

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the titan trials and raid gear both look like steamy poo poo, and they'd better add in the zavala armor at some point like they did in d1

The hunter raid helmet is pretty rad. It makes me look like General Grievous from those Space Fights movies.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

Huxley posted:

Titan armor counterpoint:

drat this is like some 80s cosmonaut poo poo, I like it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Darth Windu posted:

Wasn't I supposed to get a speeder bike and a gun since I preordered? All I seem to have gotten is a xp bonus

You get all your preorder stuff from various people at 20 and/or after beating the story. There's Coldheart and the Kill Tracker ghost for preorders, and a sword for the deluxe. I don't think anything gave a speeder.

Except for emotes and emblems, which are already in your collection.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Speaking of warlock, any warlocks in here that have completed or done most of the raid? What types of builds were you running in there?

I was thinking about having three builds that I could swap to as necessary:

1) Survivable Hunger Void with Nezarec

2) Dawnblade Attunement of Sky with a Starfire Protocol for DPS

3) Arc Attunement of Elements with Lunafaction boots

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Aphrodite posted:

You get all your preorder stuff from various people at 20 and/or after beating the story. There's Coldheart and the Kill Tracker ghost for preorders, and a sword for the deluxe. I don't think anything gave a speeder.

Except for emotes and emblems, which are already in your collection.

There's a sparrow from poptarts codes, but I'm not sure if that can be picked up early or not.

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES
Yo Fellow BoneKrewers, what's the slack channel or discord channel or whatever. DM me if it's super secret.

IncontintlBkfst

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

let's go to the highlights

https://i.imgur.com/ZJB2tln.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/aI5B9oY.gifv

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

We have an elaborate AR game to get into the slack, you have to start in the clan signup in the OP.

prologuetheory
Sep 18, 2017

I liked the part where you Idiana Jones'd the lightsaber man.

Optical Inch
Oct 26, 2002

Soiled Meat
I'm "handicapped" in terms of PVP (45 yr old dad), but Origin Story levels the field in quick-play, it smokes. Also, hip-firing Risk Runner while holding down a pile of glimmer is hilarious.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tei posted:

I think Blink is a pvp thing, where done in the proper moment everyone will be confused, you a bit less.

Some things about blink *
It always send you the same distance regardless of your current speed in the air and teleports you based on your current direction, so if you are drifting slightly backwards, blink will teleport you the full distance back.
Warlocks typically want to double tap jump but blink you want to do at the apex of your jump to get the best forward boost.
Blink will throw off axion bolts and the hunter grenades that send seeking drones at you, having the timing down can completely nullify a grenade push as you can very quickly escape the explosion radius.
If you blink right when a sticky grenade is about to go off (at the peak of it's I'm about to explode charging sound) you will leave the grenade behind and only take a little damage. You can also blink to get out of tethers and other AOE effects with similar timing. If you blink right when it sticks, it will follow you.
Blink into melee from above is very disorienting to a person using a scout/sniper.
Blink is a good way to kill yourself in strikes/raids with lots of platforming.

*this was to be best of my knowledge how it worked in D1; the loss of radar in D2 is really turning me off and I have not played with it enough in D2.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Serf posted:

Bungie should institute transmogging so you can wear what you want

They did :ssh: it's called infusion

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

They want the ability to change the entire look of one item to that of a different one.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i have tons of funny poo poo from trials but ps4 won't let me upload because youtube blows so pretend i posted three videos of wiping teams in wards of dawn

Serf
May 5, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

those perks tho

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46254

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

mikeraskol posted:

Speaking of warlock, any warlocks in here that have completed or done most of the raid? What types of builds were you running in there?

I was thinking about having three builds that I could swap to as necessary:

1) Survivable Hunger Void with Nezarec

2) Dawnblade Attunement of Sky with a Starfire Protocol for DPS

3) Arc Attunement of Elements with Lunafaction boots

I ran the 2nd one. The double nade is too great to pass up. Had to beef up my resilience though.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Serf posted:

those perks tho

What perks

The armor has been sufficiently homogenized enough not to make a difference

If you wanted Y stat and it wasn't the base for the armor in question you simply selected it as the secondary.

Mr. WTF
Jun 12, 2003

I DON'T GET JOKES

xzzy posted:

We have an elaborate AR game to get into the slack, you have to start in the clan signup in the OP.

You do...It isn't in there. I am at stage 2 of the AR though, messaged wrecks box on the clan page.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
How did you guys decide which class to be? I'm always worried I'll get all the way through the game and then decide to switch or something.

grissenko
Jan 18, 2006

Oh he's so pringles. Where yo curleh mustache at?!
Fun Shoe

Thumbtacks posted:

How did you guys decide which class to be? I'm always worried I'll get all the way through the game and then decide to switch or something.

You can play all three, so it isn't a big deal. Level each to 20, figure out which you like best, keep playing that one.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
When you start a new one don't you have to do the whole story over again? I guess that's not that hard to do.

Unless you mean one character can swap classes, which I'm guessing isn't what you mean.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You can skip cutscenes and apparently send yourself a sparrow once you have vault access, so the whole process is apparently much quicker.

Maybe someone else has other 1–20 speed leveling tips.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Thumbtacks posted:

I go back and forth between warlock and Titan, it's almost an entirely different game. Usually I stick with Titan the longest because they are sufficiently Big and the basic warlock armor is really boring in D2 but I'm thinking about swapping back now that Titan is at the cap and has done all the powerful rewards for this week

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It sucks being an adult with responsibilities now, I don't think I'll be able to do the raid for a good while, though I'm at 260 light. It's just the time commitment until it gets "solved".

Thumbtacks posted:

Back in Destiny 1 I did it by deciding which design examples Bungie said they designed the classes off of sounded more fun.

The Hunter was based off of Han Solo and The Man With No Name
The Warlock was based off of Morpheus (lol) and Gandalf
The Titan was based off of Master Chief

I decided I wanted to just play more Halo. :v:

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Public events give a poo poo ton of XP.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Don't forget to stack kill/gather patrols with public events, those give a chunk of XP too.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Huxley posted:

apparently send yourself a sparrow once you have vault access

gently caress my life I didn't know this

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Huxley posted:

You can skip cutscenes and apparently send yourself a sparrow once you have vault access, so the whole process is apparently much quicker.

Maybe someone else has other 1–20 speed leveling tips.

You can just run past the enemies in a lot of the story missions, which saves some time as well. Also:

Javes posted:

Public events give a poo poo ton of XP.

Once I got to 11 or 12 on my alt and wasn't a complete liability in public events, I did a bunch of those and hit 20 really quickly. Then I moved a bunch of my warlock's guns over and blitzed through the rest of the story missions in no time and ended up in the mid-270s by the time I wrapped them up.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Use the medallions you buy from the eververse lady. It's easy to forget.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Remember the ps4 exclusive gear that was blue and you wore for all of three minutes before finding something better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Insane Totoro posted:

(thanks to Yamdankee for the "artwork" and donating a PSN card and thanks to Sisselyn for donating one too!)

BIG DUM CLAN CONTEST

SNIP

Hey there Insane Totoro, I made an incredibly stupid youtube video joke for your rad contest. God bless.

https://youtu.be/DeqK8oSlcSM