Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
The Creeper and Deadman, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Professor Wayne posted:

I'm bad at fighting games and only played the first Injustice a grand total of about 2 hours after I bought it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2_Xq17UIig

But I'll probably buy this.

What the gently caress? That's awesome, but what the gently caress?

They did say Injustice 2 was coming to PC, right? Any news on a timeframe for it, or should I expect it to be after all the DLC is done?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Android Blues posted:

Injustice 2 would be an absolute must buy if you could play as the Monarch, for sure.

Only if his intro dialogue is him asking where the hell Venture is.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Roth posted:

I'm honestly more excited for Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 than I probably should be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOPsFCr9rUo

These games are always really basic but I just keep managing to get sucked in to doing 100% every time when I buy one.

Jesus, Marvel really is cracking down on keeping the X-Men out of games.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Roth posted:

I'm honestly more excited for Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 than I probably should be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOPsFCr9rUo

These games are always really basic but I just keep managing to get sucked in to doing 100% every time when I buy one.

Lego Man-Thing is really cute! :3:

I like that they're putting so many different environments. That's definitely going to make exploring the open world more fun. I skipped Lego Avengers but I might pick this one up.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Timby posted:

Jesus, Marvel really is cracking down on keeping the X-Men out of games.

They actually just eased up on this and are allowing it again, but all the games coming out now were made before that decision changed

They'll probably try to do some X-Men DLC

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So, TT batman s2 ep2 comes out on Sept 24th. Why such a gap between epiosde darnit?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

Only if his intro dialogue is him asking where the hell Venture is.

His super could be the Death's Head Panoply. It writes itself.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

He could express relief that his opponent isn't a swedish murder machine

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, TT batman s2 ep2 comes out on Sept 24th. Why such a gap between epiosde darnit?

That's what, 6 weeks? Fairly standard for episodic games.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Aphrodite posted:

Avengers Alliance wasn't in the MCU though. They referenced it plenty but it had X-Men and the Fantastic Four.

It was the best possible universe. It was mostly the 616 universes, except they occasionally copied some stuff from the MCU.

And they had a version of Civil War 2 that made sense.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

I thought that they released episodess 1 and 2 for their Guardians of the Galaxy game but no more. And that came out in April.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Telltale confirmed that Guardians and Batman would be heading to Switch, so if you want to remember this on the go, there ya are.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

I thought that they released episodess 1 and 2 for their Guardians of the Galaxy game but no more. And that came out in April.

Episode 3 came out this week.

I got tired of their Walking Dead games, but I've enjoyed the Batman and Guardians ones.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Telltale confirmed that Guardians and Batman would be heading to Switch, so if you want to remember this on the go, there ya are.

The Question IRL will remember that.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Professor Wayne posted:

I'm bad at fighting games and only played the first Injustice a grand total of about 2 hours after I bought it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2_Xq17UIig

But I'll probably buy this.

Uh, I believe you'll find Hellboy smokes cigars, not cigarettes :goonsay:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Gotta make that Hellblazer alternate skin work somehow.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Look how buff they made Spider-Man in the new MvC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGzqiPK3TyE&t=167s

Why?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Why?

They might just prefer a buffer Spider-Man. He isn't always spindly.

But if I had to guess, they got lazy or cheap and wanted it to be easier to use Spider-Man as a basis for Venom.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hanging out with Redfield too much

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Why?

That entire game is a series of "Why?"

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe

Teenage Fansub posted:

Why?

My biggest "Why" came when I saw the character select. That's a tiny as gently caress roster and, as a comment pointed out, some of those guys haven't been that way in the comics for a while. Where are the X-Men, as well?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zoro posted:

My biggest "Why" came when I saw the character select. That's a tiny as gently caress roster and, as a comment pointed out, some of those guys haven't been that way in the comics for a while. Where are the X-Men, as well?

Marvel didn't want them to use the X-men.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think fighting game sequels should have at least 50% new characters to be remotely exciting.
A Monster Hunter is in the first DLC pack, so I guess they're saving weird/unique picks for that. I would've done it the other way around and made people shell out for characters they were missing from 3.

edit: That's assuming that character packs were a must. In a perfect world we'd have 40-50 characters from the get-go, full of old and new, but that's not our world.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 19, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Apparently the game itself is not bad, aside from the underwhelming roster and it being generally ugly as sin.

The choice to focus on MCU characters makes business sense seeing as the MCU is the face of Marvel now, but it's disappointing since so many cool characters have been introduced or given new life in the comics since 3.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 19, 2017

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

The choice to focus on MCU characters makes business sense seeing as the MCU is the face of Marvel now,
More, you can deduce the thought process behind it. Making a boring roster of characters everyones seen before is not good business sense.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently the game itself is not bad, aside from the underwhelming roster and it being generally ugly as sin.

The people saying it's good are the same ones who said SF4 and MVC3 were good so take that with a pound of salt.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It is hilarious how they all look like Liefield in his prime monstrosities. I mean Spider-Man IS supposed to be lean because he's an acrobat and people are supposed to underestimate this spindly little nerdlinger who can actually lift 10 tons on a good day but nope dude's gotta have traps and neck that look like a flying squirrel in mid jump

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe
But MCU Ghost Rider is Robbie Reyes not Johnny Blaze.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I just wanna main Squirrel Girl/Phoenix Wright, but god forbid I have fun in a fighting game.

Meanwhile, Combofiend gets to have his pet Spencer in the game because he says so.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

MvC saw Dragonball Fighterz coming and just decided to go out with a whimper. It'd have been nice to have two awesome fighters at the same time.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

My semi-pro fighter game friend is super excited about MvC and it's future potential

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I don't care which one is better, as long as one of them gives us some sick combo montage videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbVxZbtq8Ec

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe
Anyone know how bad the microtransactions are on Marvel Heroes Omega?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PC's not so bad. Lots of goons earned almost the whole roster for free.

Not sure about the console version.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
You can level up any and all heroes to level 10 and they give you enough free money to pick whichever one you want to continue to level up. I haven't played enough to figure out how hard it is to get more heroes to higher levels, but it didn't seem super stingy with money (this was on PS4).

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

On the PC version heroes cost between 200 to 600 eternity splinters, (most of them are 400) and you earn about 1 splinter every 8 minutes, with a chance that 1 splinter drop could be a 2, 5, 10, or 100 at random instead. Basically you get 1 hero of choice free, then 400 splinters to spend how you want, and by the time you're done with playing those two(or three) characters to max level you'll have enough splinters to get another hero or two for free

It's pretty generous honestly. Just takes some time. Splinters drop from everything you do so there's no splinter-specific grind or anything. The cash shop things are mostly cosmetic or boosts

Don't know about the console version but it's supposed to be similar. Worth noting it has a lot less content and like half the roster hasn't been added to it yet. PC version is a lot better for now

Zoro
Aug 30, 2017

by Smythe
I started playing the Tellatle Guardians of the Galaxy game today. Seemed fun so far, but, man, it would be better if TT just stopped lying that our decisions matter and just make a solid adventure game without these smoke and mirror gimmicks.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Zoro posted:

I started playing the Tellatle Guardians of the Galaxy game today. Seemed fun so far, but, man, it would be better if TT just stopped lying that our decisions matter and just make a solid adventure game without these smoke and mirror gimmicks.

They used to, but the lovely Choices Matter interactive movies sell about 300 times better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If you just ignore the smoke and mirrors, they can actually be pretty fun.

Though the only ones I've played are Wolf Among Us and Tales From The Borderlands, which are well-regarded as the two best post-TWD Telltales.