Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I'm frankly stunned it didn't immediately segue into why we can't have black men marrying white women..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Hey, how would you like to be beheaded and or burnt alive?
Perhaps a few grand you won't live long enough to spend might sweeten the deal?:marc:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Senor Tron posted:

When I lived in Brisbane for 18 months a decade ago I actually quite liked it. At the time rent was really reasonable and I had a room in a nice apartment in St Lucia with a city view and close access to quick ferries into the cbd.
Conversely for Mith and I, it's actually cheaper to live in Melbourne CBD than it was to live in Toowong. I mean, we did go from a two bedroom to a one bedroom but not having to pay public transport costs to go to work (or work being a 5 minute walk) reallymore than makes up for the extra $40 or so in rent. Also having not-poo poo NBN and not living in a double brick apartment with no aircon is really worth it.

From what I've seen, you just got more for your dollar renting in Melbourne than Brisbane, then you factor in other costs like power (power was a LOT more expensive in Brisbane) and you end up with a absurdly inflated cost of living in Brisbane.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

You Am I posted:

lol Labor thinking of putting Sam Dastyari into the New England Federal Seat when a by election comes up after Barnaby is given the heave ho from that seat.

- Barnaby will be able to run again straight away
- Between Windsor and Dastyari's reciprocal preferences, he might lose, but he might not
- Dastyari probably wouldn't.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Channel ten's going to the US lot

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-19/channel-ten-creditors-meeting-vote-for-cbs-takeover-bid/8959142

quote:

The Ten Network's creditors have voted in favour of US broadcasting giant CBS's takeover bid at the second creditors' meeting.
The joint bid from media moguls Lachlan Murdoch and Bruce Gordon was unsuccessful.
It is understood CBS earlier increased its bid for Ten to just over $40 million — an increase of $8 million over its original bid.
Mr Murdoch and Mr Gordon submitted their latest bid last Friday, upping their offer to unsecured creditors from $35 million to $55 million.
But the extra $20 million in the Murdoch-Gordon bid was actually a payout to CBS, Ten's largest creditor.
When the CBS payout is excluded, the US broadcaster's new $40 million bid appears to be the higher offer.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

You Am I posted:

lol Labor thinking of putting Sam Dastyari into the New England Federal Seat when a by election comes up after Barnaby is given the heave ho from that seat.

It just said he was visiting.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Ahhhahaha gently caress you Lachan, eat poo poo.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
I wanna be the liberal staffer that suggested running a law and order campaign with Matthew guy at the head was a good idea :allears:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Cool. Eat poo poo Murdoch.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

It's amazing how cheap it is. What would a commercial TV station have been worth ten or twenty years ago?

[edit: http://variety.com/1992/biz/news/canwest-buying-into-oz-s-ten-100324/ I don't think this is comparing apples with apples, but if it went for anything close to $240m in 1992 then that's quite a drop]

open24hours fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 19, 2017

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

open24hours posted:

It's amazing how cheap it is. What would a commercial TV station have been worth ten or twenty years ago?

In the 1980's Ten sold for $840 million, and as recently as 2010 James Packer, Lachlan Murdoch, Bruce Gordon and Gina Rinehart put a combined billion into it.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Sheesh. This dude has obviously never heard of one Michael Jackson.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

CrazyTolradi posted:

Conversely for Mith and I, it's actually cheaper to live in Melbourne CBD than it was to live in Toowong. I mean, we did go from a two bedroom to a one bedroom but not having to pay public transport costs to go to work (or work being a 5 minute walk) reallymore than makes up for the extra $40 or so in rent. Also having not-poo poo NBN and not living in a double brick apartment with no aircon is really worth it.

From what I've seen, you just got more for your dollar renting in Melbourne than Brisbane, then you factor in other costs like power (power was a LOT more expensive in Brisbane) and you end up with a absurdly inflated cost of living in Brisbane.

I know part of why power costs more in Brisbane. Ambulance costs are actually covered by utility surcharges in QLD and TAS. :eng101:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Intoluene posted:

I know part of why power costs more in Brisbane. Ambulance costs are actually covered by utility surcharges in QLD and TAS. :eng101:
It's not just that, even on a pure kwh/c basis it's just insanely cheaper in Victoria. Even with the surcharge it'd still be cheaper by a very nice margin.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Goddammit a friend just went on a long facebook meltdown post about why he's voting no on the survey and I can't give him both barrels for the stupid inane arguments he's making because his wife and iajwife are extremely close and it would cause massive issues but jesus christ he's ridiculous. He also has no sense of irony at all

quote:

My main beef is with biggots who wont rationally accept that not everyone shares their viewpoint.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
gently caress him, do it.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It's not him that I'm concerned with upsetting, sadly.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

iajanus posted:

Goddammit a friend just went on a long facebook meltdown post about why he's voting no on the survey and I can't give him both barrels for the stupid inane arguments he's making because his wife and iajwife are extremely close and it would cause massive issues but jesus christ he's ridiculous. He also has no sense of irony at all

Kill his loving family.

e: to clarify not because hes voting no just because he seems retarded enough that ending his bloodline is valid.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Just post things like http://25logicalreasonstovoteno.com/ with no commentary by yourself.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

iajanus posted:

It's not him that I'm concerned with upsetting, sadly.

Have you asked Iajwife? Maybe she's ok with making GBS threads up the waters.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Laserface posted:

Kill his loving family.

e: to clarify not because hes voting no just because he seems retarded enough that ending his bloodline is valid.

So much for the tolerant left.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Knobb Manwich posted:

Have you asked Iajwife? Maybe she's ok with making GBS threads up the waters.

She's made her feelings abundantly clear when I (in the past) took aim at a friend with extreme right wing political/economic Facebook posting :v:

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

What if you write up everything you want to say to this idiot, send it to a mate and have that mate post it for you

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Maybe she isn't the right wife for you, my friend.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
Maybe just do what I do: Log out of facebook (forever)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

CrazyTolradi posted:

It's not just that, even on a pure kwh/c basis it's just insanely cheaper in Victoria. Even with the surcharge it'd still be cheaper by a very nice margin.

And that's why they need the adani coal mine

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/markhumphries/status/909371477090119681

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

MonoAus posted:

Maybe just do what I do: Log out of facebook (forever)

Messenger is too useful

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You can kill FB and keep messenger.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

guardian headline posted:

Tony Abbott says dumping clean energy target would help Coalition win election

Former prime minister says change would leave Bill Shorten and Labor ‘on the side of green extremists’

Oh gently caress off already.

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

ewe2 posted:

Oh gently caress off already.

Are we at the point where business defects en masse to the ALP on head in the sand energy policy? Surely they see the lost investment opportunity from another term with the cockwombles.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-19/ssm-surveys-dumped-in-brunswick-garden-raise-security-concerns/8961044

quote:

Fresh security concerns have been raised over the same-sex marriage postal vote, after a Melbourne woman said she found a pile of surveys in a garden bed in the city's inner north.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Asbestos found in a dog park in Camp Hill, secretly and illegally dumped.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Anidav posted:

Asbestos found in a dog park in Camp Hill, secretly and illegally dumped.

The punishment for this needs to be a very long gaol term.

Very long.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Illegal dumping seems to be Queensland's thing lately.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Like it's poo poo like this that makes you think how many illegal dumps you walk past every day and what the exposure is, if you're already dead?

I mean how do we know we don't walk past a asbestos lump filled with rats daily and end up with health problems decades later with no one accountable?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Anidav posted:

I mean how do we know we don't walk past a asbestos lump filled with rats daily and end up with health problems decades later with no one accountable?

Now, wonder how many of them are under new suburbs.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
From the TV in the other room: "TONIGHT ON A CURRENT AFFAIR THE CENTRELINK COUGAR SEDUCING YOUNG MEN INTO GIVING HER WELFARE."

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

ewe2 posted:

Or older suburbs; the place I live in is a century old (at the front) and we still found some asbestos buried in our backyard.

https://twitter.com/GhostWhoVotes/status/910048772259844096
Re Lidell power station. Big swing to PHON in first preferences, not much change in 2PP. Closing the plant a vote winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ewe2 posted:

We are hosed

• Locked thread