Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Jerusalem posted:

KAIRI WON! YAY!

The binge format didn't really work for me but the tournament was cool, the best heel and best face made it to the final, and the face won. Hooray :)

I didn't like the binge format because it was hard to find non spoiler discussion of it until you watched them all. Would prefer once a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Jerusalem posted:

KAIRI WON! YAY!

The binge format didn't really work for me but the tournament was cool, the best heel and best face made it to the final, and the face won. Hooray :)

The binge format was perfect for me, because my partner and I had just marathoned Glow the weekend before, so we just went straight from one to the next.

I really enjoyed this tournament. These kinda shows are the reason I keep my Network subscription, so I'm glad they keep happening.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Didn't like the binge format. Didn't like that all the matches had the same 8-13 minute length. It stinks of WWE cost cutting measures not having a seperate day seperate event for the finals. Where's the eliminated competitors tag matches? The scouting? The main roster showcases? 30 minute ending is just a letdown IMO.

But wrestling is still fun, I liked Shanya more in the finals than before, a fun match happened where Kairi looked great winning and I'm happy for her.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Wazzu posted:

Didn't like the binge format. Didn't like that all the matches had the same 8-13 minute length. It stinks of WWE cost cutting measures not having a seperate day seperate event for the finals. Where's the eliminated competitors tag matches? The scouting? The main roster showcases? 30 minute ending is just a letdown IMO.

But wrestling is still fun, I liked Shanya more in the finals than before, a fun match happened where Kairi looked great winning and I'm happy for her.

The eliminated competitors tag match was on Night 2, but was uploaded as a bonus video to the Network. :ssh:

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I'm glad it was Kairi and not friend of Ronda Rousey

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The advantage of doing it the way they did was they went right from the Owens/Vince segment to the match so you had a crowd that was still awake.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Shayna Baszler has the same hairline as Baron Corbin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AccvTtvjR6s

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

so

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Codependent Poster posted:

It's a multi-women match, right? Probably best for Kairi to look good in it but not win because Peyton and Billie cheat or someone else interferes against Kairi. It'll be a lot more impressive to win it from a single's match, and waiting until Wrestlemania season would probably be the best idea to make that happen.

I mean, unless you want Kairi to go undefeated like Asuka.

Billie and Peyton loving suck and should never come close to touching the title

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Benne posted:

Billie and Peyton loving suck and should never come close to touching the title

Are they the two annoying Australians?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

shayna should be bayleys rude and rowdy older sister who smokes and rides motorcycles

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ConnorJA_/status/907904850607923201

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Are they the two annoying Australians?

Yup, they've been on NXT for a year if not more and they are literally exactly still just as poo poo as their first appearances.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Despite my current loathing for WWE I found a front row ticket ( the corner section to the right of the announce booth) for super cheap on a resale site and so I went almost entirely because of this match. I couldn't have asked for a better one for my first ever Row 1 experience.

Also after Kairi won and she was doing the turnbuckle climbs, she came over to my corner and I was waiting at attention saluting her, and when she noticed we made eye contact and she did a little laugh and saluted straight to me. It was the best thing ever.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Sanguinia posted:

Despite my current loathing for WWE I found a front row ticket ( the corner section to the right of the announce booth) for super cheap on a resale site and so I went almost entirely because of this match. I couldn't have asked for a better one for my first ever Row 1 experience.

Also after Kairi won and she was doing the turnbuckle climbs, she came over to my corner and I was waiting at attention saluting her, and when she noticed we made eye contact and she did a little laugh and saluted straight to me. It was the best thing ever.

best face

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

who booked this tournament

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

and how confused were people at that live not knowing this was going to happen after smackdown

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

and how confused were people at that live not knowing this was going to happen after smackdown

They advertised the live special well in advance, and the crowd woke up by the end of the final match. Also the NXT team apparently booked most of it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The crowd was pretty excited for the match. Hell, they even stayed excited for some of the 205 stuff

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I just watched the 6-woman tag bonus match from the MYC and it was really awesome to see the crowd's love for Jazzy and her reaction coming down the ramp.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

ya the crowd really popped at the end of the match. I thought it was pretty good. where can I see the 6 woman tag match

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

ya the crowd really popped at the end of the match. I thought it was pretty good. where can I see the 6 woman tag match

It's in the same section as the episodes and final, it's the "Road to the Final" show or something like that.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

tweet my meat posted:

The crowd was pretty excited for the match. Hell, they even stayed excited for some of the 205 stuff

I found a half hour of women and a half hour of 205 live easy to digest. I usually can't watch an entire episode of 205 Live

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

tweet my meat posted:

I wouldn't say they stayed excited, everyone was pretty dead for TJP and Rich's match. They woke back up for Gulak's powerpoint though, and they absolutely exploded for the Fashion Police, the pop was second only to Orton and Nakamura coming out for the Dark Main (holy poo poo Orton is still a megastar, I nearly fell out of my chair I was so shocked by how massive the response to his music was)

...I wasn't the only one who secretly hoped that police siren meant Scott Steiner, was I? Stupid, I know, but still.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Sanguinia posted:

...I wasn't the only one who secretly hoped that police siren meant Scott Steiner, was I? Stupid, I know, but still.

if they did decide to cancel 205 live a proper finale would be getting steiner to redo this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GyuAkFgJn8

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Sanguinia posted:

I wouldn't say they stayed excited, everyone was pretty dead for TJP and Rich's match. They woke back up for Gulak's powerpoint though, and they absolutely exploded for the Fashion Police, the pop was second only to Orton and Nakamura coming out for the Dark Main (holy poo poo Orton is still a megastar, I nearly fell out of my chair I was so shocked by how massive the response to his music was)

Yeah that match was pretty dead, which is a drat shame because I really liked it, but it seems to be getting better every week. I'm not Enzo's biggest fan, but his presence on 205 has been a real boon, and it's not like they just cheer for Enzo and ignore the rest either. Gulak seemed to be handling the crowd pretty well even without any star power, and when Breezango came out they went absolutely nuts.

Hopefully they maintain this forward momentum and increased crossover so people actually get properly hyped for the good show.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Kairi has a nice undefeated streak going, they should run with it.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
My Dudes, I think I've said before but there's an all women's show on FITE.tv tonight(afternoon in the states), it's a crossover show from Bellatrix and Shimmer.

I'm a bit biased on this show as I train at a wrestling school run by Skarlett who is facing off against Mercedes Martinez, she's very good so it should be a fun match.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
A fairly solid sign that Jazzy may have gotten signed by WWE:

https://twitter.com/wXwGermany/status/908677088135323648

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

rovert posted:

A fairly solid sign that Jazzy may have gotten signed by WWE:

https://twitter.com/wXwGermany/status/908677088135323648

Dave's got ya beat again lol

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

oatgan posted:

shayna should be bayleys rude and rowdy older sister who smokes and rides motorcycles

This is a good idea. After all a rear naked choke is kind of a hug, right?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/tonistorm_/status/908816379087773696

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Google's algorithm is probably scraping some other Toni Storm out there.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Why did you post that boring tweet when this one was nearby:

https://twitter.com/Kay_Lee_Ray/status/908349233832456193

Kay Lee Ray, Toni Storm and Piper Nevin having sleepovers is exactly the kind of adorable things I like to see.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hiromi continues to prove why she is cool and good/bad.

https://twitter.com/oystersearrings/status/908054266929131520

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 18, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/tonistorm_/status/909921751429136384

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Apparently, Charlotte's new book confirms the massive scoop I posted here years ago that Charlotte and Sasha had a massive falling out in NXT.

Sasha using JoJo as a human shield here:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
who loving cares

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

What about the massive scoop that she was raised by a housekeeper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

What about the massive scoop that she was raised by a housekeeper

Was never a massive scoop.

https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/909823279472545793