Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jesus conversed with beasts in the bible, he would convert them by giving himself over wholly.

Deuteronomy 25:4 posted:

You shall not muzzle the ox while he is threshing.

Matthew 6:26-30 posted:

Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You, of little faith?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Chairman Capone posted:

I Live, I Die, I Live Again!

got any sevens posted:

Had a dream about [...] Jesus [...]

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

I guess the new Tomb Raider gains a new neck vertebrae for every tomb she raids

Thanks for the detailed review!

Croods 2 (Twoods?) is back on the menu, dudes!

quote:

the sequel to the cave people toon will now debut on Sept. 18, 2020
http://deadline.com/2017/09/croods-2-spooky-jack-dreamworks-animation-release-date-1202173063/

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Tars Tarkas posted:

wtf...this is clearly a movie about the robot from ex machina having adventures in the outside world cuz that's some go go gadget poo poo

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

that poster is intensely nauseating, it looks like someone photoshopped over a gmod character

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I like Alicia Vikander so this is cool but am resisting attempts to make a "Not my Busty Grave Robber!" joke.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Tars Tarkas posted:

And the old NOPE meme is reborn anew.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Gatts posted:

I like Alicia Vikander so this is cool but am resisting attempts to make a "Not my Busty Grave Robber!" joke.
New Tomb Raider has smaller boobs. It's also a major improvement in just about every way. I was rooting for Daisy Ridley myself, but hope Vikander does a good job.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Casimir Radon posted:

New Tomb Raider has smaller boobs. It's also a major improvement in just about every way. I was rooting for Daisy Ridley myself, but hope Vikander does a good job.

The first one had some insanely uncomfortable death scenes where you're not too sure the director had never dissected an animal for his own amusement

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Calaveron posted:

The first one had some insanely uncomfortable death scenes where you're not too sure the director had never dissected an animal for his own amusement
Thankfully they cut that out for the sequel. I honestly still prefer QTEs used sparingly to the stuff they expected you to pull off with tank controls in the early games.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I'd be more interested in Jesus vs. Predator

He died for our sins

But killing?

He does for fun

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol i had no idea vince flynn died. good riddance.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwartzenegger to both return for Terminator 6

quote:

She’ll be back.

After waving hasta la vista, baby, more than 25 years ago, Linda Hamilton is returning to the world of Terminator, reuniting with James Cameron, the creator of the sci-fi franchise, for the new installment being made by Skydance and Paramount.

Cameron made the announcement at a private event celebrating the storied franchise, saying, "As meaningful as she was to gender and action stars everywhere back then, it’s going to make a huge statement to have that seasoned warrior that she’s become return."

With Hamilton’s return, Cameron hopes to once again make a statement on gender roles in action movies.

"There are 50-year-old, 60-year-old guys out there killing bad guys,” he said, referring to aging male actors still anchoring movies, “but there isn’t an example of that for women.”

Tim Miller, the filmmaker who made his breakout feature debut with Deadpool, is directing the sequel, which is returning to its roots by having the involvement of Cameron for the first time since 1991’s Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Cameron is producing along with Skydance. And the new film, which will be distributed by Paramount with Fox handling it internationally, is based on a story crafted by Cameron. Cameron and Miller created a writers room to hammer out what is planned to be a trilogy that can stand as single movies or form an overarching story. David Goyer, whose credits include the Blade and Christopher Nolan’s Batman movies, Charles Eglee, who created Dark Angel with Cameron, and Josh Friedman, who created the Terminator TV spinoff, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, were part of that room.

Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has starred as both a bad guy and good guy portraying the cool killer robot sent from the future, is already set to return and with Cameron and now Hamilton on board, the new Terminator film will once again have its original creative team.

Hamilton starred in the first film, The Terminator, released in 1984 as a low-budget genre play, playing one of the silver screen's strongest female heroines, Sarah Connor. Conner was a waitress who is being hunted down by an unstoppable killing machine, played by Schwarzenegger, sent from the future. Connor learned that in the future, machines have taken over and that she is the mother of the human resistance leader.

The actress returned to the character in Cameron’s 1991 sequel, which was a summer blockbuster that pushed the visual effects envelope and set box office records for that time. This time Connor, buffed and in prime fighting form, was a hard-edged, take-no-prisoners warrior who fought like a bear to protect her son.

Both Hamilton and Cameron, who were married to each other in the later 1990s, sat out the installments that followed in 2003, 2009, and 2015.

Story details are, of course, being kept on a secure hard drive at Cyberdyne Systems, but Cameron and Miller are treating the new movie as a direct sequel to Cameron's Judgment Day. And the themes of the potential evils of technology will once again be at the fore.

But the new movie will also be seen as a passing of the baton to a new generation of characters.

"We’re starting a search for an 18-something woman to be the new centerpiece of the new story," Cameron said. "We still fold time. We will have characters from the future and the present. There will be mostly new characters but we'll have Arnold and Linda’s characters to anchor it."

Hamilton is represented by Innovative Artists.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ehhhhh.....we already had old Arnold in the last one and it was just sad

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
So apparently 3, 4 and 5 never happened, according to this article. They're being erased via time fuckery.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Ehhhhh.....we already had old Arnold in the last one and it was just sad

Arnold was really good in Genisys

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Gonz posted:

So apparently 3, 4 and 5 never happened, according to this article. They're being erased via time fuckery.

And nothing of value was lost.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Why cant they just enjoy the happy ending from T2

Same with Aliens

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

LesterGroans posted:

Arnold was really good in Genisys

He was good but he was good as old Arnold. So I assume for this they're going to acknowledge 5 happened at some point and that Arnold in this will be 5 Arnold before wiping the slate clean?? It will be interesting to see how much CG "normal" Terminator presence is in this if any.

I still can't believe how bad Salvation hosed up. Awesome cast, excellent effects, cool basic ideas for some action sequences, decent enough new twist on the formula (they should have rolled with the leaked ending though), yet it's one of the worst movies ever made thanks to McG.

Like let's go back ten years and pretend Terminator Salvation hasn't come out yet:

HEY GUYS they just announced a new Terminator movie happening with Christian Bale as John Connor and it's also going to have Terry Crews, Michael Ironside, Common, Bryce Dallas Howard, Anton Yelchin and Helena Bonham Carter! It's going to be set entirely during the future war and be about an early human/Terminator hybrid and what makes someone human and it's being written by the guy that wrote Memento and The Prestige!

How do you gently caress that up. I'm asking you McG, if you ever read this, how did you gently caress that up.

Like I thought Terminator 3 was bad but I enjoyed it, I just never felt like watching it again or really talking about it much since. It wasn't like, aggressively awful and ineptly executed on an existential level like Salvation.

Terminator
Terminator 2
Genisys
Terminator 3
T2 3-D: Battle Across Time
Salvation

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 20, 2017

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Neo Rasa posted:

T2 3-D: Battle Across Time

I love this so much except the T-1 Million is a dumb as hell name that doesn't make any sense. If anything, it would be a prototype of the T-1000.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Beachcomber posted:

T-1 Million

That actually sounds like the best name.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
T3 is a guilty pleasure movie. It's definitely bad but it's watchable and has its moments.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Get raided! Ignore that it has the same plot as the Jem movie except with tombs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ndhidEmUbI

Also people are arguing that it is actually Alicia Vikander's neck in that poster and I am now a bully who body shames her because a poster looks photoshopped.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

The American Akira movie is still walking the Earth, cursed to never die, and is now threatening to devour Taika Waititi, hopefully he will escape like the others

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tars Tarkas posted:

Also people are arguing that it is actually Alicia Vikander's neck in that poster and I am now a bully who body shames her because a poster looks photoshopped.

You be the judge!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Tars Tarkas posted:

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

T3 had a really good action sequence on the crane setpiece and jonh connors raging oedipus complex.its a fun bad movie.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

lol

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

This is because of that thing with Patty Jenkins huh. Welp.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Get raided! Ignore that it has the same plot as the Jem movie except with tombs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ndhidEmUbI

Why is her theme of version of Black Betty that never kicks off?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

This is because of that thing with Patty Jenkins huh. Welp.

Huh?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I think that franchises where the second movie is actually better than the first are cursed to never be good again.

Terminator, Aliens, Star Wars

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Spider-Man got good again but it definitely took some time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Harry Potter 2 was better than 1, and 3 better than 2, and then the rest at least various degrees of better than 1 and usually better than 2 and arguably better than 3.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Harry Potter 2 was better than 1, and 3 better than 2, and then the rest at least various degrees of better than 1 and usually better than 2 and arguably better than 3.

Meh, it's Harry Potter though

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I like Alicia's neck. Thumbs up. Good for a nibble, good for Lara Croft. I'd let her raid my tomb.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Gatts posted:

I like Alicia's neck. Thumbs up. Good for a nibble, good for Lara Croft. I'd let her raid my tomb.

What a post

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Iron Crowned posted:

I think that franchises where the second movie is actually better than the first are cursed to never be good again.

Terminator, Aliens, Star Wars

No way was Aliens better than Alien in any way.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

MonsieurChoc posted:

No way was Aliens better than Alien in any way.

I prefer Aliens to Alien but it relies heavily, obviously, on Alien and the terror to set itself up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Gatts posted:

• Locked thread