Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

If you want to be extra mad, go take a peek at the ESPN power rankings today.

lol. A 7 point loss on the road to the team that just beat the poo poo out of the Patriots in Foxborough. That's a 6 position slide.

Edit: but hey, at least they put the Eagles and Redskins a few spots ahead of the 0-2 Giants.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The NFC East is a beautiful place with people that are occasionally okay.

They do have some awful team owners though.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Eagles owner is cool though. Well not cool in the sense of someone can pull off a high five without accidentally punching his wife in the face with an open palm, but cool in the sense that he doesn't mind spending money and mostly stays out of poo poo.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

His Howie Roseman love affair is a bit questionable but he seems like a decent dude.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Fair

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
die mcadoo die

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

we should trade the redskins for the lions imo

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Giants seem pretty much dead in the water barring some kind of shock trade for an o-lineman. It's a hard schedule this year too, so their record could be one of the worst in the league. They've got an outside shot at 0-16 with this schedule, it's really bad.

Here's another fun fact: Pugh and Richburg, our only decent O-linemen, are both free agents after this year and the giants don't have a lot of cap room so the line might actually get worse in the offseason.

Barring some kind of crazy trade or an insanely good draft pick or two, the giants are gonna be really bad for a while :sigh:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
The defense gave up literally nothing outside of the first half. They'll win a few games on them and Odell alone. Ereck Flowers got slapped around like a village idiot yesterday and they still almost made it a game. Eli's terrible throw after the turnover (leading to a short field) and Marshall's drop (leading to the clinching score) made the difference.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

His Howie Roseman love affair is a bit questionable but he seems like a decent dude.

Roseman got him Carson Wentz. He started with the 13th pick in the draft and managed to that trade that up for the #2 pick and a franchise QB. How many other GMs execute that series of moves? I doubt Lurie has any buyer's remorse about keeping Howie.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Roseman made solid cap and trade moves but there's no indication he's that great at talent evaluation.

Besides taking the next Tom Brady but that was a no brainer

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

NotWearingPants posted:

Roseman got him Carson Wentz. He started with the 13th pick in the draft and managed to that trade that up for the #2 pick and a franchise QB. How many other GMs execute that series of moves? I doubt Lurie has any buyer's remorse about keeping Howie.

I like how you've worded it to sound like they just traded the 13th pick for the #2 pick straight-up

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

TheChirurgeon posted:

I like how you've worded it to sound like they just traded the 13th pick for the #2 pick straight-up

I didn't mean to do that at all. I think what he did was more impressive than just making a single trade. In my second sentence I pointed to "a series of moves"

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Roseman made solid cap and trade moves but there's no indication he's that great at talent evaluation.

Besides taking the next Tom Brady but that was a no brainer

Starting with the past draft, he is no longer in charge of player evaluation. Roseman brought in Douglas for that. Granted, since he's Howie's hire then if Douglas does poorly it is ultimately Roseman's responsibility. Just like Chip Kelly was ultimately Roseman's responsibility. But both hires were highly praised at the time. I'd rather have a guy who is making moves that seem like great ideas at the time but sometimes turn out to be wrong than a guy who is making moronic moves that are obviously stupid from the getgo (like Chip Kelly did).

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I wonder if Chip Kelly's Wild Ride would make for a good 30 for 30 ep.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

shyduck posted:

Who's Wild Ride? Andy Reid was our last coach. :confused:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shyduck posted:

Could make up a whole season

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Giants don't have the defense or the run talent to counter their terrible line. Cowboys are dependent on two skill players and have a brutal schedule. Eagles seem well balanced but don't really stand out to me. Washington only has 14 games left before their QB moves to California.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I think it would be hard to give a poo poo because you're a good guy and they're terribly run franchise with a racist name

After Charlottesville it's really hard for me to be okay with that name. I could probably be okay with the lovely owner if I didn't feel awkward every time I casually discussed a racial slur.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Dude.

Eagles D-Line vs. Giants O-Line

This Sunday.

My flowers are erect :allears:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

NotWearingPants posted:

The Eagles owner is cool though. Well not cool in the sense of someone can pull off a high five without accidentally punching his wife in the face with an open palm, but cool in the sense that he doesn't mind spending money and mostly stays out of poo poo.

Yeah but his statement on Kaep was bad

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

a new study bible! posted:

Yeah but his statement on Kaep was bad

Did you mean the actual statement? Or the misleading quote from the garbage article Marcus Hayes wrote like a week later.

EDIT: Not that the actual statement was perfect, but its way less awful than what ended up getting quoted.

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Sep 20, 2017

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

shyduck posted:

Kelly will be put in charge of producing it and it will be 17 minutes long.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
When Sean Payton gets fired, the Cowboys should snap fire Jason Garrett and get Payton.

Actually, just fire Jason Garrett.

He is a terrible coach. I had flashbacks of the 2011-2013 Cowboys of 8-8 mediocrity. It's not Dak Prescott's fault if your gameplan relies on Prescott making big plays after getting shithoused out of the gate. 82 yards in the first half is not something you can hang on Prescott's head that's all gameplanning. Defenses are figuring out the Cowboys OLine and unmasking terrible coaching. Tony Romo isn't behind center any more to bail out poo poo gameplans in the second half.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Denver has made Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady look like garbage, too. And the Giants also have a very tough defense plus it is a divison game. The Rams somehow always beat Seattle once a year.

Its way too early to make definitive statements

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

blue squares posted:

Its way too early to make definitive statements

Jason Garrett does suck tho

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TheChirurgeon posted:

Jason Garrett does suck tho

Jason Garrett is a good gameplanner and is decent at all of the coaching between games.

Jason Garrett is a terrible gameday coach and has always been. He is paralyzingly risk averse and was bailed out of bad calls by Romo all the time. I remember in a losing effort on fourth an inches once Romo had tell the punt team to get off the loving field so he could go for it. Part of the reason that Romo owned so god damned much was because he could ignore the coach and call plays on the field that worked.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6k0rIS6Qp4

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

I have no issue with doing what Garrett did, because you basically get a practice kick. The :psyduck: thing about this was that the kicker didn't know Garrett was doing it.

I'm reminded of the playcalling during the Cowboys @ Rams game in 2014. The Cowboys go down 21 points, due to awful playcalling, bad defense, and a fumble. Romo has a pick-6 on a play where the playcall had to be a pass to Dez Bryant because every single other WR was wide open. The first two playcalls in this series were two runs for no gain.

Demarco Murray had 24 touches that game for 100 yards. Not bad right? The only problem was that he had one 44 yard run and one 20 yard run. If you take out those two runs, he had 22 touches for 36 yards. In the 4th quarter of that game, this is what a drive looked like with the Cowboys down 4 in the 4th quarter:

quote:

(13:25) (Shotgun) 29-D.Murray right tackle to DAL 22 for 6 yards (55-J.Laurinaitis). PENALTY on DAL-82-J.Witten, Illegal Block Above the Waist, 10 yards, enforced at DAL 19.
1-17-DAL 9
(13:08) 29-D.Murray left tackle to DAL 10 for 1 yard (90-M.Brockers).
2-16-DAL 10

(12:26) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass short middle to 88-D.Bryant to DAL 13 for 3 yards (23-R.McLeod).
3-13-DAL 13
(11:47) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 9-T.Romo scrambles up the middle to DAL 29 for 16 yards (20-L.Joyner).
1-10-DAL 29
(10:56) 29-D.Murray left end to DAL 30 for 1 yard (21-J.Jenkins, 93-E.Westbrooks).
2-9-DAL 30
(10:13) 29-D.Murray right tackle to DAL 25 for -5 yards (99-A.Donald).
3-14-DAL 25

(9:28) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass deep middle to 83-T.Williams to DAL 45 for 20 yards (55-J.Laurinaitis).
1-10-DAL 45
(8:41) 29-D.Murray right end to DAL 47 for 2 yards (52-A.Ogletree).
2-8-DAL 47

(7:56) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass incomplete deep right to 88-D.Bryant [99-A.Donald]. PENALTY on STL-21-J.Jenkins, Defensive Pass Interference, 33 yards, enforced at DAL 47 - No Play.
1-10-STL 20
(7:49) (Shotgun) 29-D.Murray up the middle to STL 17 for 3 yards (52-A.Ogletree).
2-7-STL 17

(7:07) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass short right to 29-D.Murray to STL 12 for 5 yards (52-A.Ogletree).
3-2-STL 12
(6:21) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass short middle to 83-T.Williams for 12 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

6 plays: net 2 yards plus a penalty

It's infuriating to watch.

Edit: they were down 4

Lote fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Sep 20, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Garrett handing off game time play calling was a boon for the cowboys offense. Basically every gameday decision needs to be in the hands of more competent people.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Chance Warmack is getting promoted to LG after Seumalo''s god awful game against the Chiefs.

I tried for 10 minutes to share some of the gifs in this article but gave up.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-need-strongly-consider-replacing-isaac-seumalo-gifs-and-stuff/

Here's the worst one:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/909783643861798912

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

89 posted:

Chance Warmack is getting promoted to LG after Seumalo''s god awful game against the Chiefs.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-need-strongly-consider-replacing-isaac-seumalo-gifs-and-stuff/

Here's the worst one:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/909783643861798912

That is pathetic lol

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

89 posted:

As a companion piece, you may want to check out his breakdown of Warmack's 2016 film: http://www.phillyvoice.com/film-breakdown-eagles-have-work-do-newly-acquired-og-chance-warmack/

It's not good.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

NotWearingPants posted:

As a companion piece, you may want to check out his breakdown of Warmack's 2016 film: http://www.phillyvoice.com/film-breakdown-eagles-have-work-do-newly-acquired-og-chance-warmack/

It's not good.

Yeah Warmack's a pretty big bust. He was a major part of that Alabama Championship line and part of the Titans' offensive line building project and he just never worked out, then needed surgery and was cut loose

e: Now that I think about it, all those Alabama Olinemen were poo poo except for Fluker, and even he wasn't kept by the team that drafted him

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 21, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
About that Allen Barbe trade

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'm digging the pic/pun on the front of the Philly Voice this morning.

89 posted:

About that Allen Barbe trade

I see your point, but on the other hand Barbre was apparently behind Wisniewski on the depth chart anyway so we'd be waiting for two more injuries or benchings before we'd see him in the lineup.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efJ1xZJDZlI

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/910168496461553664

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

If the Eagles don't cover, it'll be because the Giants' defense had a stellar day and the final score was 9-6 or 12-7

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
What if the reason for all the Giant's offensive wows is that the starters pet McAdoo's head for luck before each game?

Rajazan
Sep 19, 2012
May be more than a little outdated, but still my favorite ESPN promo for Giants vs Eagles: https://vimeo.com/151428288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yeah that's a cool promo but it's a shame about literally all of the Eagles players in it.

• Locked thread