Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Libluini posted:

Release is literally tomorrow

22nd for Aus/NZ timezone folk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
It is weird that the price doesn't appear on Steam until it's actually released. I guess Steam says you can only put a price up if you're pre-ordering?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Yep this is the Correct Opinion that goons repeated for the past 2 years on these forums, and I'll just throw out that unfortunately others disagree and feel SR2 is boring bullshit that looked promising but played horribly and had irredeemable mechanics - not a flawed gem that was sadly overlooked.

Sorry about your objectively terrible appreciation for game design then.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

Ramadu posted:

as a guy with the tiniest budget ever how much is the new dlc? I went to the steam page to see and it doesn't have a price? I guess I am glad its free, that fits in my budget.
£7 if you're in the UK, which is very generous. Paradox realising we've suffered enough, perhaps.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

[quote="“Bloodly”" post="“476575300”"]
Videos like what? The link given leads to ‘video does not exist. Recheck the link, maybe?
[/quote]

Fixed. (It’s the new AI rebellion)

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Grabbed the plantoids pack along with synthetic dawn. Is it tomorrow yet?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

hope and vaseline posted:

Grabbed the plantoids pack along with synthetic dawn. Is it tomorrow yet?

It is in a couple time zones!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Libluini posted:

Release is literally tomorrow

that's soooo faarrrr awayyyyyy though

lol I'm literally feeling like an impatient kid again, waiting for this drat thing to arrive

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I'm sad it didn't come out last week, but at least it'll be here for my next 11 hour flight on Friday.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm glad I got my last game finished when I did, I'm really looking forward to the new expansion tomorrow. Stellaris is already a lot better than it was back at realease and I'm feeling optimistic about 1.8

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

binge crotching posted:

I'm sad it didn't come out last week, but at least it'll be here for my next 11 hour flight on Friday.

Achievement unlocked: Mile High
Complete the Atmospheric Hallucinogen event chain while at least 5280 feet above sea level.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Mulloy posted:

So I've played Stellaris a bit and I've been invited to play with some friends this weekend to celebrate the new expansion. Question: If I build a machine empire that cannibalizes biologicals will I be able to ally with them if they're bio or will that rule stay in force?

It think as long as you're not playing purifiers/exterminators you can ally with human players no matter what. You'll still have to put in the work for AI empires though. I know I've allied with buddies that were totally opposite ethics except for when they went with purifiers.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PittTheElder posted:

Why on Earth do people want to preorder a DLC? It's not like you get it any sooner, or get any free stuff.

So it'll start downloading on its own when I am not around. I assure you it's pure laziness for me.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Nevets posted:

Achievement unlocked: Mile High
Complete the Atmospheric Hallucinogen event chain while at least 5280 feet above sea level.

Fuuuuuuck :bisonyes:

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

hobbesmaster posted:

Fixed. (It’s the new AI rebellion)

Does gently caress all for us now. Who knows how many pages ago that link is. Thanks for nothing!

Even the quote link is b0rked. Jesus.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Duodecimal posted:

Does gently caress all for us now. Who knows how many pages ago that link is. Thanks for nothing!

It's one page.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

[quote="“Duodecimal”" post="“476594111”"]

[/quote]

iOS 11 did a number on awful app - it's putting the wrong quote characters and screwing up bbcode.

https://youtu.be/jkDRKB4HAYc

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Why arent there new ship models for THE MACHINES

like hwy arent there just dodecahedrons or some poo poo fylin round

for that matter why arent there big beehives for hive minds

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Ramadu posted:

Why arent there new ship models for THE MACHINES

like hwy arent there just dodecahedrons or some poo poo fylin round

for that matter why arent there big beehives for hive minds
It's been explained that making new ship assets is like the most work intensive thing for Paradox artists.

Modders get away with slapping a 3d model and calling it a day, but Paradox ones need to be modular with all the parts and a bunch of mounts and stuff. Even things like the fallen empire ship models aren't up to snuff to the point where Paradox would release them as things the players could use.

Personally, that being the case, I wish they hadn't bothered with all that modular/mounts crap, 'cause i just want neat different looking ships and don't care about swapping out a tapering vs a blunt prow or whatever.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

hobbesmaster posted:

iOS 11 did a number on awful app - it's putting the wrong quote characters and screwing up bbcode.

https://youtu.be/jkDRKB4HAYc

this dude's voice and delivery :chloe:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Milky Moor posted:

Look at this nerd who never played Total Annihilation.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Milky Moor posted:

Well now you know what you need to do for an early copy.

Surprise Giraffe
Apr 30, 2007
1 Lunar Road
Moon crater
The Moon
So after whining about this game in the endless thread Im now pathologically adicted to it. Wheeee

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I will be again "in approximately 12 hours".

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Can't wait for this to happen IRL 12 hours from now:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

turn off the TV posted:

Look at this nerd who never played Total Annihilation.

:vince:

I knew 'The Contingency' sounded awfully familiar...

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

BadOptics posted:

wow that's even funnier than that last two times you posted it

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

BadOptics posted:

Wonderful.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Cease to Hope posted:

wow that's even funnier than that last two times you posted it

No problem. Also it was just one other time, but I'm glad it made you smile.

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 21, 2017

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Surprise Giraffe posted:

So after whining about this game in the endless thread Im now pathologically adicted to it. Wheeee

You should try spamming habitats as a robot ascended empire. It'll stop that addiction right in its tracks!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So are we gonna get a new thread title? I mean its not needed, "To Serve Man" works surprisingly well for Rogue Servitors. :v:

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Except for Blondie.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

also re: robot ship models

There are robot ships. I'm giving it t-minus 15 minutes before someone does a pallet swap to make it playable.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

There are already mods to make AI crisis ships playable, but they are pretty lacking. All the crisis/fallen empire ships use generic models for civilian ships, and none of them have varying appearances based on selected cores or visible hardpoints.

They work well for what they're used for, but I understand why Paradox don't think they're up to snuff for player empires.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

I have a habitat question.

Suppose I build a habitat above a planet which through a series of events becomes a tomb world. If I colonize the planet, what happens to my habitat?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

crazypeltast52 posted:

I have a habitat question.

Suppose I build a habitat above a planet which through a series of events becomes a tomb world. If I colonize the planet, what happens to my habitat?

Nothing. Your problem however is you won't be able to build a spaceport.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

Nothing. Your problem however is you won't be able to build a spaceport.

Good to know! It's a 21 slot planet in my home system, so I wanted to make sure I wouldn't crash my habitat landing colonists.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

9 hours.

Unfortunately I'll be at work in 9 hours ... but I also have a dark corner of the office, and am IT Manager. So gently caress everyone!!!!!

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

crazypeltast52 posted:

Good to know! It's a 21 slot planet in my home system, so I wanted to make sure I wouldn't crash my habitat landing colonists.

Habitat did not crash!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I do wish habitats provided at least a level 1 spaceport.

• Locked thread