Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Lets just say in his usual spiel he sounded less than thrilled at the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
what do the scorpions sound like these days?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

what do the scorpions sound like these days?

Can't imagine much different than they used to.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
My one experience with Megadeth involved Dave getting pissed at Shawn Drover and throwing his guitar across the stage

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vulture Culture posted:

My one experience with Megadeth involved Dave getting pissed at Shawn Drover and throwing his guitar across the stage

I love bitchy Dave stories. Details?!

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Oldstench posted:

Dude, go see Dirkschneider. That little fire hydrant man has more energy than any twenty bands you can think of.

Yah, as ancient German dwarves go, that man is the best.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Megadeth is a boring band. I had to suffer through them playing live once. Never again.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

H13 posted:

I love bitchy Dave stories. Details?!

Word on the street for Bloodstock 2014 is that he demanded smoked salmon and mangos be banned from the festival site

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

Word on the street for Bloodstock 2014 is that he demanded smoked salmon and mangos be banned from the festival site

what's his beef with salmon and mangos

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

We Know Catheters posted:

Megadeth is a boring band. I had to suffer through them playing live once. Never again.

i saw them on the rust in peace nostalgia tour and it wasn't terrible but it felt like watching a cover band

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

stab posted:

In good news, Megadeth kicked rear end once again, and literally there was an exodus from the building before the Scorpions came on.

Lol. Why? Sounds like Megadeth sucked it up hard and the Scorpions are p. cool.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

The Ferret King posted:

Lol. Why? Sounds like Megadeth sucked it up hard and the Scorpions are p. cool.

Megadeth didnt suck, just a bunch of funny poo poo
Edit: except for the traffic and poor logistics of the city, gently caress that

Scorpions were cool but man the contrast between the two bands (and the fanbases represented) was pretty surreal

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

stab posted:

So just saw megadeth for the 12th time.

Highlights or comedy hour:

First rock show at a new venue

Traffic is a clusterfuck..two hours and change to get in the venue and find parking

They go on at show start sharp. Literally 2-3 thousand people walk in during their set (they werent headlining, the scorpions were haha)

Dave shuts down the show after the first song hangar 18 cause the sound check was batshit off

Then complains that they had to cut a song out of their set.....which they got 45 minutes.

Than ellefson says hello to the wrong city (img springfield simpsons guitar tape)

Then after all those issues and their set getting cut, Scorpions make the fans wait 45 minutes before starting, rendering the set cut useless.

In good news, Megadeth kicked rear end once again, and literally there was an exodus from the building before the Scorpions came on.

Not their greatest show i went to see obviously, but fun as gently caress for the small amount of time they got (some of the songs they didnt play blew my mind...aka no In My Darkest Hour or Wake up Dead or Tornado of Souls)

Did you travel back in time to 1987 by accident?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Vargatron posted:

Did you travel back in time to 1987 by accident?

I live in 1987 permanently

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

stab posted:

I live in 1987 permanently

:same:

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no

A human heart posted:

what's his beef with salmon and mangos

lack of beef

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I'm positively surprised by the just released Prophets of Rage album as their debute EP just sounded like some b-track RATM songs without Zack and some rap recorded over it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Klaaz posted:

I'm positively surprised by the just released Prophets of Rage album as their debute EP just sounded like some b-track RATM songs without Zack and some rap recorded over it.

I half listened to the album and it still sounds exactly like that, but worse

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Which metal band has songs that sound the most like corporate buzz-phrases? Wormed? I feel like there's gotta be a tech-death band out there somewhere where the song titles all sounds completely interchangable with corporate email

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

also gently caress you dave mustaine salmon is a superfood

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

Incoherence posted:

From a completely separate genre: New Caligula's Horse is finally out. It's good: less mellow than Bloom and more like the album before it. Here's another single:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Wgxj5-q98
As a prog nerd, this is probably my AotY so far, pending some more listens. Apologies for interrupting your black metal discussions.

I've basically just had this on repeat all week :swoon:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

also gently caress you dave mustaine salmon is a superfood

I ate a 1 lb salmon steak for dinner two days ago and it was better than anything dave has ever made

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That's only because salmon is so drat good. You can probably count on one hand the number of musicians that have made music better than a salmon dinner.

Basically you're setting the bar too high.

Where does Mustaine rate against a slice of cheesecake? Or a cold beer? Or your favorite burger?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Cheeseburgers

>>>>>>>>

Rust in Peace

>>>>>>>>

The official Megadeth beer “À Tout le Monde”

I actually bought some. It’s gross. But all beer is gross in varying levels to me

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Which metal band has songs that sound the most like corporate buzz-phrases? Wormed? I feel like there's gotta be a tech-death band out there somewhere where the song titles all sounds completely interchangable with corporate email

Was only joking about this yesterday with my friend. My corporatecore band are called MOVING FORWARD and his is TERMS & CONDITIONS. This is from a hardcore POV more than metal just cos of the overlap in terminology.

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Cheeseburgers

>>>>>>>>

Rust in Peace

>>>>>>>>

The official Megadeth beer “À Tout le Monde”

I actually bought some. It’s gross. But all beer is gross in varying levels to me

Did it taste like La Fin Du Monde? That poo poo is gross.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afrGiaxOorc

Pretty much your standard Cannibal Corpse song. They're really good musicians, but there's not a lot of variety.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

joem83 posted:

Did it taste like La Fin Du Monde? That poo poo is gross.

nah it's slightly different since it's a saison. also it's only like half the abv which kinda defeats the purpose of buying fancypants frou-frou beer

la fin du monde's okay but i'd only get it when it's on a ridiculous sale. if you gotta drink a heavy belgian ale don't pussyfoot around just get some st bernardus abt 12

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot
the megadeth beer is actually pretty good and almost certainly the best thing dave's been involved with in the last ~20 years

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

The Muppets On PCP posted:

nah it's slightly different since it's a saison. also it's only like half the abv which kinda defeats the purpose of buying fancypants frou-frou beer

la fin du monde's okay but i'd only get it when it's on a ridiculous sale. if you gotta drink a heavy belgian ale don't pussyfoot around just get some st bernardus abt 12

that monk will gently caress you up

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Five finger death punch?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Cardiac posted:

Five finger death punch?

He said metal

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

I know a local groove kinda metal band named Dynamic Solution.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I knew some guys in a band called Final Liquidation and their catchphrase was "Everything Must Go!"

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Klaaz posted:

I know a local groove kinda metal band named Dynamic Solution.

Are they all high school chemistry teachers because it sounds like that type of deal.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

xXxSixSigmaCorexXx

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

that monk will gently caress you up

drink until he winks is my rule of thumb

cryme posted:

the megadeth beer is actually pretty good and almost certainly the best thing dave's been involved with in the last ~20 years

i was gonna say md 45 but that came out 21 years ago

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 21, 2017

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Dave, if you're reading what these horrible monsters are saying, you put out Rust In Peace, so all is forgiven!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also Peace Sells.

But yeah Rust in Peace was the high water mark. Lucretia is so goddamn good.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

[quote="“WAR DOGS OF SOCHI”" post="“476618682”"]
Dave, if you’re reading what these horrible monsters are saying, you put out Rust In Peace, so all is forgiven!
[/quote]

I was listening to that album on the way to work today. So good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

joylessdivision posted:

I was listening to that album on the way to work today. So good.

I'm pretty sure Rust in Peace is my most listened drive to work album, it never gets old to me.