Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

exploded mummy posted:

because hiding in the woods worked out so well for Leonard

As terrible as everything he did was, he did get to enjoy it for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I'm gonna be Gandalf this year. My son will be a hobbit.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

The Dark Id posted:

The Half-wit Inventory quest persists through all routes because it involves dumping a sizable financial investment before completing

Believe you mean Half-Wit Inventor here.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
"Well I was trying to go the Moon, but I missed and ended up on Mars instead." - The most Kerbal inventor ever :jeb:

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Jagged Jim posted:

"Well I was trying to go the Moon, but I missed and ended up on Mars instead." - The most Kerbal inventor ever :jeb:

Except the rocket also made it back.

I mean, probably. It's also possible that the rocket stayed there and the inventor decided to sell you some rocks he picked up off the ground. But hey, they're good enough for Masamune, so who cares whether they're real?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I don't know why but the Reclusive Son is probably my favourite of Pascal's village. He's such a dork and he's found a dorky friend with 9S. That robot would definitely call him "Nines." :3:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

UPDATE ON PRIOR PAGE

Pascal is the best, for what it's worth.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder if there's some kind of cognitive jamming in place so that the machines don't recognize the moon.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Jagged Jim posted:

I had to put down the controller and laugh like a moron for one or two minutes there. How can one manage to miss the moon but hit Mars is beyond me.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mars and back in a week isn't bad time.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Omobono posted:

I had to put down the controller and laugh like a moron for one or two minutes there. How can one manage to miss the moon but hit Mars is beyond me.

I'm pretty sure that's the plot of the movie riffed in MST3K Season 2, Episode 1.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

Mars and back in a week isn't bad time.

This was my first thought!

I like to imagine that the whole time you've been doing this, Robot Wings of Honneamise (or, as others have pointed out, more likely Robot Kerbal Space Program) has been going on in the background as they build prototypes and their gigantic launch platform.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The real reward for this quest is the tower. That silly thing will now sit there and make you remember this ridiculous quest every time you see it. Which will be a lot. In the background of every scene, it will be there. Also it is retroactively placed throughout the timeline. If you go a bit grindy and do the quest in Route A, it's gonna be there from the start.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Icedude posted:

I never caught the whole 7E thing before, and probably wouldn't have if it hadn't been pointed out here. I mean, you find out about the E-Series so long after you dance with the Engels that you forget 7E was even there

Is this taxable?

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
So was all that money for bribing the machine that controls the manufacturing part of the factory so he'd have the materials and bot power to build that thing?

LXXXVII

The Dark Id posted:

There’s a cave in the side of the rocky ridges here we can enter to drop into the center of the caves.

Not positive, but feels like that should be "where"

LXXXVIII

The Dark Id posted:

I never felt before and it was...

"felt that before"

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Icedude posted:

dance with the Engels

Nice.

CesspoolofHatred
Apr 3, 2017
Uhhhh guys

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/recruit/career/group/6bd/nier.html

GUYS?

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/910335276823715840

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Here's the basic gist (tl;dr: Square Enix is hiring staff for a Nier related project)
https://gematsu.com/2017/09/square-enix-hiring-staff-nier-related-product-scenario-creation

Priestly
Apr 26, 2008

:suspense:

Translation: Sqeenix are recruiting writing/planning staff for a new Nier project, which looks like it'll be headed by Taro and Yousuke Saitou again.

e:fb

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

jyrque posted:

Here's the basic gist (tl;dr: Square Enix is hiring staff for a Nier related project)
https://gematsu.com/2017/09/square-enix-hiring-staff-nier-related-product-scenario-creation

:dance:

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Watch as it's a mobile game.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Okay, so in two years we can expect whatever it is to come out and TDI to be forced to LP it.

Hoping for Nier Zero myself.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Well Automata was announced when he was LPing Drakengard III two years ago, so this isn't much of a surprise at this point.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It may just be story dlc though. They probably downsized the studio and were not expecting the massive success the game had.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

HiKaizer posted:

Watch as it's a mobile game.
Counterpoint: It will be a dancing rhythm game.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

AradoBalanga posted:

Counterpoint: It will be a dancing rhythm game.

I won't settle for less. :colbert:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Nier: Dancing All Twilight.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ios gatcha game or bust

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I don't care what it is, I'll probably play it (as long as its not on vita)

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

It'll just be Magikarp Jump!, but with stubbies. :3:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Geemer posted:

It'll just be Magikarp Jump!, but with stubbies. :3:

Shouldn't it be about the tall boys instead? We can have contests about who is the tallest.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Unironically milk this cash-cow so hard that you can tell the story of the franchise as a weapon story.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

BioEnchanted posted:

Nier: Dancing All Twilight.

Dancing All Nines.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
It's a dating sim starring Operator 6O.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Cooking with Five and Arioch.

The continuing adventures of Leonard and Dito.

ultrafilter fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 20, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Leonard and Faerie's Babysitting Adventure

...okay maybe not

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

You did it again darkid

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Really Pants posted:

Leonard and Faerie's Babysitting Adventure

...okay maybe not

In fairness Leonard would probably actually do better at that (or at least be more in line with what's socially acceptable, Arioch could cook a baby to perfection, but she would have still cooked a baby) than some of the other people would do at what's being suggested, since Leonard has restraint. And self loathing due to knowing his desires are wrong, which is remarkably self aware for someone in a Yoko Taro game. As for Faerie, I have no comment.

Personally, I'm for Caim's new job sim game. The job is executioner.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Kavak posted:

Well Automata was announced when he was LPing Drakengard III two years ago, so this isn't much of a surprise at this point.

The Sandman posted:

Okay, so in two years we can expect whatever it is to come out and TDI to be forced to LP it.

Hoping for Nier Zero myself.

Nier was announced during the Drakengard LP, Drakengard 3 was announced during either the Neir or Drakengard 2 LP, and Automata was announced during the Drakengard 3 LP. If this turns out to be another DrakenNier game, TDI really has no one but himself to blame for having to keep LPing this series. The only winning move is not to (let's)play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Man I'm suddenly really glad we didn't get any announcements during The Third birthday :whitewater:

• Locked thread