Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
By the way, speaking of far more timely Kickstarters, the PDFs of goon-created PBTA game of wizarding academia Pigsmoke are out and available for nonbackers to purchase:

http://drivethrurpg.com/product/221386/Pigsmoke-A-Roleplaying-Game-of-Sorcerous-Academia

So far it's delightful, and sharing excerpts with some fellow roleplayers who are currently involved in academia led to immediate intense interest and knowing nods about just how well it captures the real thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

malkav11 posted:

By the way, speaking of far more timely Kickstarters, the PDFs of goon-created PBTA game of wizarding academia Pigsmoke are out and available for nonbackers to purchase:

http://drivethrurpg.com/product/221386/Pigsmoke-A-Roleplaying-Game-of-Sorcerous-Academia

So far it's delightful, and sharing excerpts with some fellow roleplayers who are currently involved in academia led to immediate intense interest and knowing nods about just how well it captures the real thing.

Can confirm, the book's art is lovely, it's very on point to academia and Potatocubed did a great job in general.

Also, doesn't look like it's been posted here yet but The Champion of the Wild is a great filler/party game I had the chance to play at the UK Games Expo. There's an animal Olympics happening and three events (eg sprinting, climbing Everest, jousting, hiding in a stately home) are dealt out. You have to decide which of your small pool of animals would do best at each event, and then try to convince the others of the same. It's pretty light but the art and cars do a great job of prompting fun conversation about ridiculous animal sports.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
so am I missing something obvious or is the only way to get both core books and the stretch goals on PDF for the new Numenera kickstarter the 100 dollar level?

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Only way? No, you could back at the $145 level and get it with the slipcase!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Cavaliers of Mars launched - an Onyx Path game using an entirely new system and created and owned by Rose Bailey.

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
SUPER excited for Cavaliers.

The first backer update is already live and includes the full text of the game.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

sexpig by night posted:

so am I missing something obvious or is the only way to get both core books and the stretch goals on PDF for the new Numenera kickstarter the 100 dollar level?

I'm sure you could let Monte Cook hook a shop vac up to your wallet too.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

sexpig by night posted:

I am now convinced that the Invisible Sun Kickstarter broke both his and his fan's brains completely when it comes to pricing.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Mors Rattus posted:

Cavaliers of Mars launched - an Onyx Path game using an entirely new system and created and owned by Rose Bailey.

At first glance, I really like the way you build your dice pool for actions (For Honor/Love/Self + With Cunning/Force/Grace), but I dislike multi-die-type systems so that's disappointing. Still probably going after a physical book, especially since it's only $30+shipping.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Estimated delivery date for the pdf... October 2019.

On the other hand this could only be more 'extremely my poo poo' if it contained dapper skeletons and/or time travel, so they've got my cash already.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
How much of a badly broken mess is the Cavaliers system? Because I love planetary romance.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Lemon-Lime posted:

How much of a badly broken mess is the Cavaliers system? Because I love planetary romance.

Put in a dollar temporarily to get access to the text and you can find out for yourself!

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I hope it lets you target "the balance of" your foes.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

Lemon-Lime posted:

IIRC the early playtests were using Wushu, so if it doesn't stray far from that it can't get too broken just because there wouldn't be enough there to break.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Mors Rattus posted:

Put in a dollar temporarily to get access to the text and you can find out for yourself!

Or just grab the free Jumpstart on Drivethrurpg.com

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

A dollar and a bunch of time I don't have right now, when we could divide the labour of finding out by subcontracting it entirely to someone else! :v:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

If you don't have time to read a free game over the next 30 days, you probably don't want to buy it.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

Mors Rattus posted:

I was just looking at backing this--so the quickstart, which uses Wushu, is NOT the system the finished product is gonna be using?

edit: Oh, wait, never mind, the text is available to backers. Hmmmm. That's... I kind of wish they'd iterated on something existing and light, like Fate or FAE or PbtA.

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 20, 2017

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

LogicNinja posted:

I was just looking at backing this--so the quickstart, which uses Wushu, is NOT the system the finished product is gonna be using?

edit: Oh, wait, never mind, the text is available to backers. Hmmmm. That's... I kind of wish they'd iterated on something existing and light, like Fate or FAE or PbtA.

It's an Onyx Path game, of course they're going to use their own system. Why shouldn't they?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Lightning Lord posted:

It's an Onyx Path game, of course they're going to use their own system. Why shouldn't they?

It uses a custom multi-die-type system, a little like a very light Cortex iteration. It's one of the creator-owned partnerships they've previously talked about branching out into. (I think it might have been the first, but it went quiet for years and Pugmire, which I think is d20 OGL, came out first.)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Great news, everyone. If you were feeling a void in your heart where the Book of Erotic Fantasy once lived, here's something similar for 5e.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1494851610/erotic-adventures

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
I've never heard of it, but apparently Battlelords of the 23rd century is getting a new edition.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

dwarf74 posted:

Great news, everyone. If you were feeling a void in your heart where the Book of Erotic Fantasy once lived, here's something similar for 5e.

Well I do like butts and sideboob,

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Wait. If Numenera 2 doesn't change any mechanics AND it doesn't change the setting, what is changing?

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

DalaranJ posted:

Wait. If Numenera 2 doesn't change any mechanics AND it doesn't change the setting, what is changing?

The size of backers' and Monte's bank accounts.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DalaranJ posted:

It's now in two books instead of one.

Peas and Rice posted:

The size of backers' and Monte's bank accounts.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I've never heard of it, but apparently Battlelords of the 23rd century is getting a new edition.

quote:

We have RPG game industry experience via prior companies (Pulsar Games)...

Oh, this ought to be something special.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

DalaranJ posted:

It comes with a mysterious box whose contents are unknown :ghost:

It will contain a half-eaten copy of Numenera 1e, a jizzed-in fleshlight, and a tearstained transcript of the infamous 'I AM THE MOON' event.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DalaranJ posted:

The first edition was already so bad that they couldn't make the second one any worse, so of course the mechanics haven't changed.

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard

Lemon-Lime posted:

The first edition was already so bad that they couldn't make the second one any worse, so of course the mechanics haven't changed.

From someone who loves the setting, but hasn't had a chance to actually play Numenera yet, what's so bad about it?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Among other things: your stat for doing direct combat is also your primary HP pool, and is also the resource spent to boost rolls.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Derlix posted:

From someone who loves the setting, but hasn't had a chance to actually play Numenera yet, what's so bad about it?

Have at it

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Oh poo poo son! That game is insane in all the fun ways.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Mors Rattus posted:

Among other things: your stat for doing direct combat is also your primary HP pool, and is also the resource spent to boost rolls.
Also, in this world so far in the future as to be barely comprehensible to us, the character choices boil down to The Fighter, The Thief, and The Wizard. Oh, and The WIzard is simply more capable and more flexible than the other two.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

dwarf74 posted:

Wow, spells to grow extra genitalia and a cum slime. How loving original

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

I feel like I should point out that Shanna Germain is Monte's either partner or wife, depending on your preferred nomenclature.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Peas and Rice posted:

I feel like I should point out that Shanna Germain is Monte's either partner or wife, depending on your preferred nomenclature.

...okay?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Serf posted:

...okay?

The page you linked has, in its text toward the beginning, a statement indicating the author has no idea who she is. I know you didn't write that page, and even that inklesspen didn't write that page, but here we are.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh poo poo son! That game is insane in all the fun ways.

This game sounds rad as hell so I'd be happy to find out that it doesn't suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

homullus posted:

The page you linked has, in its text toward the beginning, a statement indicating the author has no idea who she is. I know you didn't write that page, and even that inklesspen didn't write that page, but here we are.

Oh sorry, I thought you wrote that page. It was just an extra layer of context in case you wanted to update it.