Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.
Things like the ninja cat images give little glimpses into how desperately, soul-crushingly sad it must be to work on Windows at Microsoft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Fiedler posted:

Things like the ninja cat images give little glimpses into how desperately, soul-crushingly sad it must be to work on Windows at Microsoft.
There are tons of projects and products and teams that are a thousand times more soulcrushing than Windows. MSN? The Phone Team? Retail? The Microsoft Connected Vehicle Platform project?

Windows must be a fuckin' ray of sunshine to work on compare to the number of shambling zombie products that MS keeps around for some reason

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

well, this is cool and good. now i can say that powershell sucks less than bash, the worst programming language ever devised.

it still sucks really bad, it's just not literally tied for worst ever

despite your claims of being a Unix oldtimer you show a surprising lack of memory for

csh

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
greybeard status: revoked

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

FMguru posted:

There are tons of projects and products and teams that are a thousand times more soulcrushing than Windows. MSN? The Phone Team? Retail? The Microsoft Connected Vehicle Platform project?

Windows must be a fuckin' ray of sunshine to work on compare to the number of shambling zombie products that MS keeps around for some reason

my experience working on cash cow projects is that the vindication feeling of not being a cost center doesn't quite make up for the fact that all the money your work makes gets thrown on whatever garbage fire market trend management is hyped about while you can't hire anybody to shore up the growing list of defects while also continuing to add new features that same garbage fire department keeps demanding

so a little of column a a little of column b

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

I used this as wallpaper on my laptop.

Is the BSA going to come get me?

:ohdear::hf::tinfoil:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJWWtV1w5fw

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Schadenboner posted:

lol the bsa

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Schadenboner posted:

no. but I am going to laugh at you for it

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

akadajet posted:

no. but I am going to laugh at you for it

Seems fair.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

eschaton posted:

despite your claims of being a Unix oldtimer you show a surprising lack of memory for

csh

i have never seen a csh script in use

csh users, sure
csh scripts? nope

does it count as a programming language if no one uses it?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

lt. colonel HELLFRAG

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

i'm the gamepadpad

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

MOOOOM, YOU CAN'T PAUSE ONLINE! I'LL TAKE OUT THE TRASH AFTER WE KILL THIS AFGHAN YEMENI WEDDING WARLORD WEDDING!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

~*GA avenger pulls a sick2nasty barrel roll and noscope360s a hellfire into a market stall*~

cmdr HELLFRAG takes a sick hit of his vape as the unreal MULTIKILL sample plays

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 18, 2017

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's actually in a submarine tho

https://pilotonline.com/news/milita...d29e052b76.html

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

U.S. Navy submarines being noted for their wide-open space and their drywall.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

A sailor tests using an Xbox controller at a lab in northern Virginia.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
that's a :chiefsay:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

infernal machines posted:

Able seaman tests using an Xbox controller at a lab in northern Virgin-ia.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

a seaman not using an actual seaman controller smh

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

tfw when your friend only lets you play with the seamen controller

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
lol the US military is really trying to tap the Gamer Reserve aren’t they

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

lol the US military is really trying to tap the Gamer Reserve aren’t they

have you heard of the video game america's army?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i remember getting owned by some military type in aa2

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

can't you get thrown in a digital brig in that game if you gently caress off during e-boot camp?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i think that was for too many tks

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

yeah when you tried to log in you'd just spawn in a jail until your probation was up

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
AA was real good. Making you serve your punishment in real time for going against ROE was a great touch.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

not surprised it was only military types and eastern europeans playing aa

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
the only good meta search in windows 10 is that typing "lync" will suggest "skype for business" so you dont gently caress up your muscle memory

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

LentThem posted:

the only good meta search in windows 10 is that typing "lync" will suggest "skype for business" so you dont gently caress up your muscle memory
it's still lync.exe

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
sometimes it excludes executable names from indexing, but I think that's mostly a security thing so exes in your downloads folder aren't executed by accident.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Shaggar posted:

sometimes it excludes executable names from indexing, but I think that's mostly a security thing so exes in your downloads folder aren't executed by accident.

probably to keep you from accidentally doing something unwise

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

flakeloaf posted:

probably to keep you from accidentally doing something unwise

But you'll already have installed Windows 10?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
using Yahoo messenger is indeed unwise

pram
Jun 10, 2001

windows is hideous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,