Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012
I hope we get a 3D World rerelease on the Switch. miau :3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Guacamayo posted:

Same but I could see Nintendo doing a Mario Sunshine remake first.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

SeANMcBAY posted:

Same but I could see Nintendo doing a Mario Sunshine remake first.

:great:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Besson posted:

Anyone have some good tips for under the radar indie games? Please resist the urge to say Minecraft!

Minecraft has sold more over 100 million copies and is owned by one of the largest corporations on the planet. It's the furthest from "under the radar indie game" that a video game can get at this point.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Guacamayo posted:

You just reminded me that I never beat that super secret final level, and that I probably never will.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

the truth posted:

You just reminded me that I never beat that super secret final level, and that I probably never will.

I only got through it with Rosalina and now I’m sad knowing I won’t be able to 100% in time and post that final unlockable stamp to Miiverse.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Guacamayo posted:

It would work so well with it's co-op mode.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
hmm phsyical BoI used isnt a bad idea but also I feel like it's the type of game I should always have installed

that makes the price tag a bit less daunting

also i know its prob years away but I can't wait for SMT on Switch, currently playing SMTIVA and it is good

i'm loving the emphasis on specialized monsters rather than jack of all trades cuz yeah first game i always had everyone fully loaded

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

odyssey confirmed goat

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

KingSlime posted:

btw where the hell is nuclear throne???
The game engine Nuclear Throne uses (Game Maker Studio) does not currently have a Switch exporter, and it was the first game where Vlambeer did all the ports themselves instead of paying someone to completely rebuild the game in another engine.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

The Kins posted:

The game engine Nuclear Throne uses (Game Maker Studio) does not currently have a Switch exporter, and it was the first game where Vlambeer did all the ports themselves instead of paying someone to completely rebuild the game in another engine.

uuuugh that loving sucks, i love me some nuclear throne

also, from soft needs to get on a Dark Souls I and II pack or release or something

I wonder if it could handle DS3? Lowering specs on that still leaves an impressive looking game so maybe

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Junkie Disease posted:

you should do what I did today.
Tweet at
https://twitter.com/SubsetGames
today and and everytoday till they say yes to a Switch version.

Much as I like the idea it seems like it's still 2 dudes working out of their house. Even with the pile of money I assume they got out of FTL they probably don't have it in them to make a Switch version :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KingSlime posted:

uuuugh that loving sucks, i love me some nuclear throne

also, from soft needs to get on a Dark Souls I and II pack or release or something

I wonder if it could handle DS3? Lowering specs on that still leaves an impressive looking game so maybe

Just play the games they give you. You'll feel better.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
oh yeah between zelda and mk i'm set for another month or two

also smtiva

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i came here to see reactions to the awesome Iwata tribute on the Switch and learn that not only are we getting SteamWorld Dig 2 in a couple hours, but mother loving Picross is coming next week?

Iwata's spirit truly is looking out for us all.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
ahhn steamworld dig 1 was fun if a bit simple

i might be down to clown with 2

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Mario + Rabbids is so freakin' good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KingSlime posted:

ahhn steamworld dig 1 was fun if a bit simple

i might be down to clown with 2

Steamworld games get on sale real fast usually so waitings an option

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Real hurthling! posted:

Steamworld games get on sale real fast usually so waitings an option

Yea, Dig seemed like it was always on sale on 3DS after a while. I was gonna pick up Dig 2 but I'm not interested enough at $20.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Minecraft has sold more over 100 million copies and is owned by one of the largest corporations on the planet. It's the furthest from "under the radar indie game" that a video game can get at this point.

I was trying to preempt/halt an easy joke

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yeah I'm looking for a mini dock replacement, so at least charging and hdmi out.
https://www.amazon.com/FastSnail-Adapter-Nintendo-Switch-Converter/dp/B074MYLP9C/

There are...or were a bunch of other similar ones but they're not showing up now, I vaguely recall reviews on one saying it damaged their Switch but :iiam:. Still need a power supply so if people actually got stuff damaged I imagine that may have been part of the problem (I'm guessing they also bought whatever cheapo power supply). Not sure what's going on with the other ones from before (that started crowd funding campaigns), but the newer stuff like this is half the price those were going for so uh, sucks to be them I guess.

The Nyko one costs more but comes with power and HDMI cables, but it's shipping October 31st according to that listing.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

japtor posted:

https://www.amazon.com/FastSnail-Adapter-Nintendo-Switch-Converter/dp/B074MYLP9C/

There are...or were a bunch of other similar ones but they're not showing up now, I vaguely recall reviews on one saying it damaged their Switch but :iiam:. Still need a power supply so if people actually got stuff damaged I imagine that may have been part of the problem (I'm guessing they also bought whatever cheapo power supply). Not sure what's going on with the other ones from before (that started crowd funding campaigns), but the newer stuff like this is half the price those were going for so uh, sucks to be them I guess.

The Nyko one costs more but comes with power and HDMI cables, but it's shipping October 31st according to that listing.

The fastsnail one apparently takes a month to show up too, so you might be better off just waiting for the "full dock plus charger from a fairly established and known-decent company" model

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

SeANMcBAY posted:

They’ll probably give you a refund if you’re adamant about the problem.

Just talk poo poo on Twitter and they'll take care of you. Corporations hate having mean tweets sent to them.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

The fastsnail one apparently takes a month to show up too, so you might be better off just waiting for the "full dock plus charger from a fairly established and known-decent company" model
Yeah that too :v:. Looks like you can order from Amazon fulfillment and it should be in stock by next week, in theory. Or order now from China and get it god knows when in October/November.

Kinda disappointed Nyko made theirs so much bigger than the original one to add USB ports, but it's still a smallish flat block at least. Would've preferred the extra USB ports on the sides or front I guess, like rear one for ethernet with the other two for controllers. A bit concerned about the USB C port just seemingly sticking out beyond the surface though, wonder if it swivels down or if it's just fixed there.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Merlinus the shopkeep is unlockable in Fire Emblem Warriors and he does sick tent combos

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Guacamayo posted:

What do they do with stamps

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Modus Pwnens posted:

I did a search for the new divinity game to see if it was being worked on for the Switch and their forums had the same "lol dead nintendo console" replies and it just confused me. How thick is their bubble?
I mean there are still a few people in this thread unironically posting about how there are no games for it, soooooooo

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Hey Atlus/Nintendo, where the HECK is my Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE rhythm game.

Also a Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Switch port.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

sooo, rumours /leaks are coming out that DOOM is 60fps handheld.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...-di-demone.html

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

japtor posted:

Kinda disappointed Nyko made theirs so much bigger than the original one to add USB ports, but it's still a smallish flat block at least. Would've preferred the extra USB ports on the sides or front I guess, like rear one for ethernet with the other two for controllers. A bit concerned about the USB C port just seemingly sticking out beyond the surface though, wonder if it swivels down or if it's just fixed there.

Looks like it's just fixed there, and if you closed the case in that image you'd have it pressing into your switch screen :downs:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Looks like it's just fixed there, and if you closed the case in that image you'd have it pressing into your switch screen :downs:
No you wouldn't, the layer with the games is in between.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

well why not posted:

[url]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://multiplayer.it/articoli/188805-doom-doom-su-switch-scorre-come-il-sangue-di-demone.html[/url]
Digital Foundry just put up a video saying 30 :(

...then pulled it. I’m guessing the embargo isn’t up just yet, but apparently it’s today at some point. I look forward to some gaming journalists showing they can’t tell the difference between 30 and 60fps. Although at this point I’m guessing they’ll all just reference Digital Foundry.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

well why not posted:

[url]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://multiplayer.it/articoli/188805-doom-doom-su-switch-scorre-come-il-sangue-di-demone.html[/url]

id Software have to be literal demons toying with ancient hellborne magicks beyond our ken to make this happen :stare:.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

japtor posted:

Digital Foundry just put up a video saying 30 :(

...then pulled it. I’m guessing the embargo isn’t up just yet, but apparently it’s today at some point. I look forward to some gaming journalists showing they can’t tell the difference between 30 and 60fps. Although at this point I’m guessing they’ll all just reference Digital Foundry.

Was the digital foundry video looking at the direct footage? Or was it also from this event? The article seems clear in that they think it was 60 fps and super smooth.

As for 30 vs 60 fps, yeah it would be sad but there's already so many people out there who claim they can't even see the difference (even after I showed them this site) that I'm not surprised anymore when people can't tell, especially for console players.

edit: random reddit comment says embargo is supposed to be lifted today, so maybe these articles/videos jumped the gun a day early

Ventana fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Sep 21, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Thinking on Switch ports, you know what the Switch needs with its JoyCons?

Samba De Amigo. :ese:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Does DOOM have a release date?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Does DOOM have a release date?

Holiday 2017

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Holiday 2017
WHICH HOLIDAY

e: When it was basically just a logo on the Direct I assumed it was going to be 2018 at the earliest. If we get DOOM on Switch by the end of the year that'll be pretty incredible.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Giantbomb also took a look at Mario.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_R2IG-KDnA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Ventana posted:

Was the digital foundry video looking at the direct footage? Or was it also from this event? The article seems clear in that they think it was 60 fps and super smooth.

As for 30 vs 60 fps, yeah it would be sad but there's already so many people out there who claim they can't even see the difference (even after I showed them this site) that I'm not surprised anymore when people can't tell, especially for console players.

edit: random reddit comment says embargo is supposed to be lifted today, so maybe these articles/videos jumped the gun a day early

That’s a cool site, thanks!

• Locked thread