Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Hit Vril whenever Cheech and Chong is up. It's simple.

I have not done the extreme primals because I find them intimidating and I'm ashamed to admit it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Leofish posted:

Hit Vril whenever Cheech and Chong is up. It's simple.

I have not done the extreme primals because I find them intimidating and I'm ashamed to admit it.

Just jump in to it. This batch of extreme primals are pretty relaxed. Especially Lakshmi.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Susano is a little rough but Lakshimi is easy.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I cleared Lakshmi on literally my first pull with a PF group. It is an incredibly easy fight.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The EX primals are disappointingly easy compared to Ravana and the Triads.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
Whoever posted about the gold saucer dessert at the cafe wasnt joking, this thing was massive

Cafe was cool though, ifrit pizza owned, ravana noodles owned and the demon wall cake was awesome

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Now I'm really mad that they removed the bees.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

boy are my arms tired posted:

Cafe was cool though, ifrit pizza owned, ravana noodles owned and the demon wall cake was awesome

oh my god these are the best

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
is that an entire goddamn loaf of hokkaido creampan

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

boy are my arms tired posted:

Whoever posted about the gold saucer dessert at the cafe wasnt joking, this thing was massive

This is some serious lack of pepperoni on that ifrit pizza. Needs to be completely covered, except for one solitary corner.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Asimo posted:

Elezen are generally the rarest race in game overall. Female Duskwight Elezen are the least common combination, even less than both varieties of femroe. :v:

I'm a loving unicorn, and proud of it.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Reiterpallasch posted:

is that an entire goddamn loaf of hokkaido creampan

hell yes it is

Heres the other stuff we got:

A bomb potato, which they set on fire and it melted away before going out

A machinist drink (there was supposed to be a turret stirrer but i guess they were out and gave me a flavored gun ice cube lmao)

and the cactuar drink which was my favorite

i also got a bunch of coasters; dont have pics but they give you one randomly for every item you purchase as well as one for coming. i ended up with bismarck, ifrit, whm, rdm, nin, titan, astro. a lucky dude nearby got weaver

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

WrightOfWay posted:

I cleared Lakshmi on literally my first pull with a PF group. It is an incredibly easy fight.

Yeah, my Lakshmi Ex clear went as follows:
Join learning party in PF
Nobody says a word
Pull
Clear

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I dunno if these screens are new or not but the 4.1 minisite went up.

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_1

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Are there breakpoint numbers that you want to reach for stats? Looking for Crit in particular as a BRD and i've been putting Crit materia on everything i can, i'm wondering if/when there is a cut off i want to reach. Can't look at my numbers exactly right now but i think i'm at 1400-1500?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Suspensions were put out yesterday for anyone using the character creation exploit.
However, much earlier this morning I received the following.

quote:

This notice is to inform your suspension of your FINAL FANTASY XIV service account registered to this e-mail for exploit use violations on 09-20-2017 was further reviewed. While your account was found in violation of the use of exploits, the information that you provided in your report regarding the situation was helpful to our services, so it was decided that the suspension on your account should be lifted and the violation will be taken off of your records. You should be able to access the game normally at this time.

However, while the intent behind this situation is understood, please do keep in mind that we do take the use of exploits very seriously, and we highly recommend avoiding the use of exploits under any circumstances.

We appreciate your efforts in reporting this concern, as well as your continued patronage.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

snitch

Alloran
Dec 30, 2014

I think this line is mostly filler.
So. Started on GLA tonight, and thought I'd level my armoursmithing a bit to try and forge some low level HQ gear. I seem to have made a grave mistake and opened a giant can of crafting worms everywhere. I don't suppose there's a good answer, but at what level should I be able to reliably craft low level HQ gear?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

It's a chore, don't do this. You'll get some low level gear from the job quests, at level 15 you can complete the hall of the novice training for a set of level 15 armor and a ring, your grand company sells some green quality gear and your tank queue should make it easy to gear up from dungeons.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Do not start crafting before you're max level on at least one combat class tbh.
If you feel like your gear is getting old, ask a goon in the fc to craft you some gear. It takes like 5 minutes for a full set for anything below level 50, and after that, you get good enough gear from quests.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The best bet for HQ gear when leveling is to ask your goon fc-mates. If you want to craft your own stuff, you ideally need every crafter to at least level 15 and then you can make full hq sets of 1-10 gear without too much trouble.

Basically crafting at level can be difficult without all the proper cross class skills.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

homeless snail posted:

Your best bet as far as guides go is watching mizzeteq's videos, all the other video and written guides tend to vary from overly long and unclear to just straight up wrong. https://www.youtube.com/user/MTQcapture

If you're talking normal difficulty though I wouldn't worry too much about it. Story Lakshmi you can just leave vril up the whole time, grab the orbs, and you'll be fine. Not that her EX is much harder

wouldn't recommend her guide for super hard fights like o4s. She hasn't actually done it when her video goes out. I prefer someone like xenos who has actually cleared his content that he puts out videos for.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Crafting low level hq things gets way easier once you have like 3-4 other crafting classes at level 15, but that's probably way more effort than you're willing to put in at level 15 so uh, yeah. Probably just skip it

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Chimichanga is the ability's name.

I decided I hated trying to pronounce requiescat and got my entire raid calling it request cat.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

The best bet for HQ gear when leveling is to ask your goon fc-mates. If you want to craft your own stuff, you ideally need every crafter to at least level 15 and then you can make full hq sets of 1-10 gear without too much trouble.

Basically crafting at level can be difficult without all the proper cross class skills.

Speaking of crafting, does anyone posting here craft levekits? Me and my money would like to talk to you.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

kirbysuperstar posted:

I dunno if these screens are new or not but the 4.1 minisite went up.

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_1

So the dungeon is the 3000 year old ruins under the lake in front of Ala Mhigo, and the dungeon gear is Cossack chic. And the premise of the Ivalice raid is a bit odd. A theatrical production that the WoL gets really into, or an FFTA-like story that literally pulls you in?

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Are there breakpoint numbers that you want to reach for stats? Looking for Crit in particular as a BRD and i've been putting Crit materia on everything i can, i'm wondering if/when there is a cut off i want to reach. Can't look at my numbers exactly right now but i think i'm at 1400-1500?

For BRD just keep piling on crit forever.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thundarr posted:

So the dungeon is the 3000 year old ruins under the lake in front of Ala Mhigo, and the dungeon gear is Cossack chic. And the premise of the Ivalice raid is a bit odd. A theatrical production that the WoL gets really into, or an FFTA-like story that literally pulls you in?

I like the idea of the WoL not understanding that it's just a performance and jumping on stage during a fight scene to join in.

Also I assume the new anima weapon is going to be tied to the Ivalice stuff, with the talk of the Zodiac Braves

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I like the idea of the WoL not understanding that it's just a performance and jumping on stage during a fight scene to join in.

Also I assume the new anima weapon is going to be tied to the Ivalice stuff, with the talk of the Zodiac Braves

The Zodiac Brave Story is the official name of the St. Ajora and his apostles so it's probably not a hint on that, just a shared reference.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Lemon King posted:

Suspensions were put out yesterday for anyone using the character creation exploit.
However, much earlier this morning I received the following.

Was that the one that let you get the more vibrant hair colours, or was there some other chargen exploit people were doing?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Suspensions for chargen exploits, :laffo:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Running around at L9 I'm seeing other low-level characters occasionally riding a chocobo. It seems like they're free-riding, not on a rail to a pre-selected destination. Is that some sort of account-wide item they purchased or did I miss a way to get a mount very early in the game?

I'm not looking forward to doing that lovely MQ scripted fight on the bridge again. That was hell on my arcanist, can't imagine how much it will suck without a tank pet.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Dick Trauma posted:

Running around at L9 I'm seeing other low-level characters occasionally riding a chocobo. It seems like they're free-riding, not on a rail to a pre-selected destination. Is that some sort of account-wide item they purchased or did I miss a way to get a mount very early in the game?

I'm not looking forward to doing that lovely MQ scripted fight on the bridge again. That was hell on my arcanist, can't imagine how much it will suck without a tank pet.

Once you unlock your chocobo at about level 20, you can use it on any job even if they're lower level.

Pollyzoid
Nov 2, 2010

GRUUAGH you say?
You can also rent a chocobo from cities for 10 minutes for some gil.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Thundarr posted:

I hope the black one is the healer outfit. :v:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

God damnit. Do I try to rush through Final Fantasy Tactics before this patch comes out? I love FFXIV but every raid is a reference to a game I never played.

Someday they'll make an FFIV raid... right?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
When we eventually go to the moon you'll get more FF4 references than you bargained for.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

100 degrees Calcium posted:

God damnit. Do I try to rush through Final Fantasy Tactics before this patch comes out? I love FFXIV but every raid is a reference to a game I never played.

Someday they'll make an FFIV raid... right?

Hell, the FFIV raid might be the next Omega patch for all we know.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

That Shirogane-style house looks pretty rad. This the patch with the relic weapons too or is that later on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

orcane posted:

Suspensions for chargen exploits, :laffo:

It's cheating at fashion souls, the true and only endgame.