Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008
Have you tried calling the bank to ask why the debit card hasn't shown up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Fashionably Great posted:

Have you tried calling the bank to ask why the debit card hasn't shown up?

Yeah at this point there's something else wrong. USPS doesn't take this long to send a letter anywhere in the US so it's either lost or they haven't sent it.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I can't find any way to send Dave any weird Canadian cigarettes without hiring a courier and paying $300 on a $100 carton. International shipping sucks :(

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

DICK DICER posted:

Tool kit obtained. Approved for October SNAP benefits. Still no debit card lol

Woot SNAP. I love that program from back when my family was dirt poor and eating deer and government cheese.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Kazinsal posted:

I can't find any way to send Dave any weird Canadian cigarettes without hiring a courier and paying $300 on a $100 carton. International shipping sucks :(

Get him some reservation smokes, give the Black Thumb some black lungs.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Staring at this tool kit that goon had on will call at Napa for me is giving me John wick digging up his basement vibes

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DICK DICER posted:

Staring at this tool kit that goon had on will call at Napa for me is giving me John wick digging up his basement vibes

Someone's gonna edit that scene with your face and voice over it now.

quote:

i once saw D4VE fix a truck with only a pencil

a loving pencil

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

DICK DICER posted:

Oh don't feel guilty at all, someone else did help me out. And then a package of kippered herring, sardines, marmite, and the Queen arrived and turns out I like sardines. I also like draining the sardine can directly into my open and waiting backpack. Today a soup and drinks package showed up from Amazon, so I've got liquids covered and thank you to the dude who sent like a thousand cans of cherry coke. And now I've got nicotine and tools are arriving tomorrow so I can safely say i won't be busy doing a god drat thing for another week until supplies run out and I decide to cut up my debit card whenever it shows up just because I love this hosed up merry go round and never want off.

I was thinking about how to make a bike working stand out of the cherry picker and some of the trunk mount bike racks that are lying around here and then I thought about how tremeks bike would look strapped up on there and then also to the front of the trailer and then all I could hear was "Organic, his job is Parts bag" and might have started drooling a little

Glad the package arrived
Fun fact about marmite - some travellers believe it keeps away insects, though there isn't anything to prove this.
Marmite themselves suggest disolving it in water to make a tasty drink assuming you enjoy drinking seawater.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

DICK DICER posted:

Is that a....good thing?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

Is that a....good thing?

Answer on the trailer. All cables intact. Stupid idiot block inside the dumb retard fucker attached to the worm shaft is totally stripped, get a new idiot block and everything should work just fine

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

How are the threads on the shaft? Intact?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
We care a lot about the safety of your shaft. :ohdear:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Slung Blade posted:

How are the threads on the shaft? Intact?

The shaft is thick and greasy and looks to be just fine

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

MA-Horus posted:

Get him some reservation smokes, give the Black Thumb some black lungs.

Oh man, I don't think untaxed reservation smokes have made their way out here to the west coast yet. Then again, they might have, but I don't smoke so I wouldn't know where to find them.

Something tells me shipping Dave a plastic bag of Indian loosies would be a bad fuckin idea

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Okay I can't loving handle these flies

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DICK DICER posted:

The shaft is thick and greasy and looks to be just fine

Yeah but what about the trailer

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Looks like thats called a wiffle tree and you replace the whole assembly.

http://www.popupparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_8&products_id=47

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
So what happened to dick's tools? They didn't show up with the bike I guess?

I seem to recall near the sort of beginning. The truck was in the field, and the engine itself had been swapped, or was in the process of being swapped, dick saying something like "slow down guys, you'll be finished before I even get there".

Lol at that....

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Dave and I just conspired to get him the whiffletree ordered. It should be delivered to him next Tuesday or Wednesday.

In the meantime, if one of you feels generous, help Dave find a temporary remedy for the flies...

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Tremek posted:

In the meantime, if one of you feels generous, help Dave find a temporary remedy for the flies...

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
We're gonna need more Jeeps. . .

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Crotch Fruit posted:

We're gonna need more Jeeps. . .

Picaridin would be my choice. Way less nasty than DEET.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The cure for flies is spiders, obviously

e. Actually, who has the spider knob now?

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

A thermacell may help with the flies.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

The cure for flies is spiders, obviously

e. Actually, who has the spider knob now?

I sent that with the Honda.

wesleywillis posted:

So what happened to dick's tools? They didn't show up with the bike I guess?

Addiction is a bitch.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Tremek posted:

Dave and I just conspired to get him the whiffletree ordered. It should be delivered to him next Tuesday or Wednesday.

You're the man Tremek!

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I just sent a bottle of deet 100 and picaridin lotion but won’t be there until Tuesday

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

:getin:

I've been following this saga from the beginning, and what a ride it's been. What's the final plan? Dave gets the truck running and whoosybucket flies up to drive it home/adopt our favorite War Boy?

re: the biting bugs: in about a month they'll be gone and you'll be wishing they were back. It gets down to -40 there, doesn't it? WINTER IS COMING

Good thing somebody sent you that sleeping bag.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah but the second I try to crawl under the trailer, well

You ever have to shake flies out of your ears and nostrils and corners of your eyes while surrounded by barely inches of clearance and sharp metal corners

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

Yeah but the second I try to crawl under the trailer, well

You ever have to shake flies out of your ears and nostrils and corners of your eyes while surrounded by barely inches of clearance and sharp metal corners

Well I sent two kinds of repellant let us know what works best and can send more of your choice

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

everdave posted:

I just sent a bottle of deet 100 and picaridin lotion but won’t be there until Tuesday

That rod will be well lubed.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

everdave posted:

Well I sent two kinds of repellant let us know what works best and can send more of your choice

Cant I just hose myself down with raid?

Less than 3 months away....

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
My father, an HVAC tech, always had some kind of industrial-strength wasp spray on hand, they only sell it at HVAC supply houses.Shoots a stream out to 30 feet, kills on contact. And God help you if you get it on yourself.

I have a feeling the Panther Piss has the same effects on insects and may even count as a war crime.

DICK DICER posted:

Yes, actually. But the ones we have here don't bite, I only have mosquitoes trying to sup upon my precious bodily fluids.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 22, 2017

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Delivery McGee posted:

My father, an HVAC tech, always had some kind of industrial-strength wasp spray on hand, they only sell it at HVAC supply houses.

I have a feeling the Panther Piss has the same effects on insects and may even count as a war crime.

>YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY A SWARM OF ANGRY HORSE FLIES. THEY ARE PREPARING TO STRIKE. WHAT TO DO DO?

>use panther piss on flies

>THE FLIES HAVE MUTATED INTO 6 INCH LONG AFRICAN KILLER BEES. YOU ARE DEAD.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Deteriorata posted:

>YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY A SWARM OF ANGRY HORSE FLIES. THEY ARE PREPARING TO STRIKE. WHAT TO DO DO?

>use panther piss on flies

>THE FLIES HAVE MUTATED INTO 6 INCH LONG AFRICAN KILLER BEES. YOU ARE DEAD.

Clearly you are not well acquainted with industrial degreasers. Yeah all the good ones cause cancer and birth defects and poo poo, but from what Dave has said, panther piss is a war crime in a can, it'd just dissolve the bugs midflight. IIRC there's a warning on the can that includes the word "defatting"?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Delivery McGee posted:

Clearly you are not well acquainted with industrial degreasers. Yeah all the good ones cause cancer and birth defects and poo poo, but from what Dave has said, panther piss is a war crime in a can, it'd just dissolve the bugs midflight. IIRC there's a warning on the can that includes the word "defatting"?

It was more of a commentary on the viciousness of the flies.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

Fuckin' A, good to hear.

What if you broke open a couple of sacrificial watermelons around the campsite? Maybe some tiki lamps with citronella as an inner defense?

Garage2Roadtrip fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Delivery McGee posted:

May cause defatting of the skin :allears:

• Locked thread