Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

DICK DICER posted:

Yeah but the second I try to crawl under the trailer, well

You ever have to shake flies out of your ears and nostrils and corners of your eyes while surrounded by barely inches of clearance and sharp metal corners

I can sympathize wholeheartedly with this except I'm usually staring down 500+ feet of freefall while they're attacking. Shits nightmarish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rime posted:

I can sympathize wholeheartedly with this except I'm usually staring down 500+ feet of freefall while they're attacking. Shits nightmarish.

Now imagine it cave diving :unsmigghh:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

quote:

Capsaicin, the same chemical that makes you sweat and your eyes water when you eat hot peppers or Tabasco hot sauce, is the active ingredient of Tabasco and other hot-pepper insecticides. It doesn't affect insects in the same way that it does mammals, however. According to the National Pesticide Information Center, capsaicin appears to disrupt metabolic processes, damage membranes and cause nervous system dysfunction.

Was already gonna make a new batch of hot sauce for 14 (and anyone else interested) this weekend, I just scored some beautiful habs, ghosts, and Carolina reapers. Now it is clearly imperative in the war against dave's insect overlords (if nothing else the gas attack alone should fumigate the trailer)

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

Deteriorata posted:

>YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY A SWARM OF ANGRY HORSE FLIES. THEY ARE PREPARING TO STRIKE. WHAT TO DO DO?

>use panther piss on flies

>THE FLIES HAVE MUTATED INTO 6 INCH LONG AFRICAN KILLER BEES. YOU ARE DEAD.

>EAT MAILBOX

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Was already gonna make a new batch of hot sauce for 14 (and anyone else interested) this weekend, I just scored some beautiful habs, ghosts, and Carolina reapers. Now it is clearly imperative in the war against dave's insect overlords (if nothing else the gas attack alone should fumigate the trailer)

Yo Imma need some of that hot sauce.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Adiabatic posted:

Not an emptyquote.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Adiabatic posted:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Adiabatic posted:

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
Dave have you tried watkins lotion as a bug repellant? I used that when I worked in Northern Ontario and while bugs will still divebomb your eyes you can generally protect yourself enough to work with both hands if you wear a collared dress shirt and a tee-shirt wrapped into a ninja mask slathered in ddt lotion.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

DICK DICER posted:

The shaft is thick and greasy and looks to be just fine

Can you just wrap the teeth that contact the threads with a few layers of tape, cloth or, poo poo, even grass, just so that they have enough bite to grip? Not a permanent fix but I have done similar and it worked.

Applesnots fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 22, 2017

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Adiabatic posted:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

So far my track record of buying hot sauce from strangers on the internet is excellent. I'm in.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Adiabatic posted:

Not emptyquoting.

Do you ship to Canada?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I still have my jar of 14" Carrot Gold and I fully intend to get a jar of the new stuff so I can open them both and compare.

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
Starting fluid makes an excellent insect killer, just make sure there is no source of spark or open flame around. I once killed a basketball sized wasp nest hanging from the ceiling of a greenhouse with a can of Prestone. On contact, the ether caused the nest to rain dead wasps. I then knocked it into a metal trash can with a pole, took it outside, and used the residual ether to light that motherfucker up. The good thing is that most cans of starting fluid shoot a nice stream like 5-10 feet, so you can work from a "safe" distance.

NOTE: THIS IS INCREDIBLY STUPID AND DANGEROUS (so it's perfect for this thread)

MullardEL34 fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Sep 22, 2017

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
We're kind of already on shaky ground with DJDaddo, starting more fires probably isn't the best idea.

Unless they are metaphorical fires in gastrointestinal tracts.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Memento posted:

We're kind of already on shaky ground with DJDaddo, starting more fires probably isn't the best idea.

Unless they are metaphorical fires in gastrointestinal tracts.

And even then. Didn't he essentially render DJDanno's toilet unusable for the duration of his stay last time?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Adiabatic posted:

Same. :getin:

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Can someone explain the housing situation? Does hr have a place to stay?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

daslog posted:

Can someone explain the housing situation? Does hr have a place to stay?

camper, that's presently semi-functional but should be wholly functional once the whiffletree shows up.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

shortspecialbus posted:

camper, that's presently semi-functional but should be wholly functional once the whiffletree shows up.

Isn't he going to have to wait a while for the whiffleballs to grow?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Conducting panther piss clinical trials, test subject angry Hornets. saturating subjects to explore ld50 potential threshold.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

This is the plot of resident evil 4 isn't it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

soapy water kills bugs and is a lot cheaper and not flammable

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh my god that looked like the slowest, most brutally painful way to die ever

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

Water will hydrate you better then 4loco but who cares.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Okay so on contact the wasps immediately lost the ability to fly but then started running around freaking out stabbing at everything acting like they were in pain. Like just random stabbing at things with their stingers, everything, themselves included. Then their motions like slowly got more more twitchy like they had palsy or something and then eventually they seized up and stopped moving

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

DICK DICER posted:

Okay so on contact the wasps immediately lost the ability to fly but then started running around freaking out stabbing at everything acting like they were in pain. Like just random stabbing at things with their stingers, everything, themselves included. Then their motions like slowly got more more twitchy like they had palsy or something and then eventually they seized up and stopped moving

That's what fly spray does to them too. If you get them as they fly past you can watch them fall out of the sky if your aim was accurate enough.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Maybe time to start wearing gloves when you're working with that brew.

Tomarse posted:

That's what fly spray does to them too. If you get them as they fly past you can watch them fall out of the sky if your aim was accurate enough.
Oh good so Panther Piss just has some organophosphates in it.

Garage2Roadtrip
Oct 27, 2016

DICK DICER posted:

Conducting panther piss clinical trials, test subject angry Hornets. saturating subjects to explore ld50 potential threshold.

I'm joining you in the battle today, but my weapon of choice is kerosene.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Leperflesh posted:

I got pissed off with ants all around my brewing gear and starsan (sanatizer that is soapy/foamy and 3.5pH) kills them so loving fast...

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
My favorite glass cleaner has a warning about skin defattening on the can. It doesn't feel nice. It also doesn't mention this anywhere in the 10 page safety sheet.

http://www.spraywayinc.com/content/glass-cleaner

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

DICK DICER posted:

Oh my god that looked like the slowest, most brutally painful way to die ever

So perfect for wasps.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So bank of America says my card should have arrived by now, they cancelled the one missing and are mailing out a new card. They did offer me the option to have one overnighted to me by Tuesday for $15 though and I was like um excuse me that's not exactly over night

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

There's a small wasp's nest dug into a hole in the side of my apartment building just outside my bedroom window. I'm seriously considering throwing some leather gloves on and grabbing a bottle of spray foam and locking those bastards in.

I want to be able to open my bedroom window again.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kazinsal posted:

There's a small wasp's nest dug into a hole in the side of my apartment building just outside my bedroom window. I'm seriously considering throwing some leather gloves on and grabbing a bottle of spray foam and locking those bastards in.

I want to be able to open my bedroom window again.

just grab a $5 can of raid wasp spray. poo poo shoots 20ft+ and soak the nest in it. Kills wasps dead.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

just grab a $5 can of raid wasp spray. poo poo shoots 20ft+ and soak the nest in it. Kills wasps dead.

The problem is they're dug into a hole in the overhang, vertically. Any raid I fire in there is going to leak out and result in a lot of really pissed off, burning wasps.

Maybe raid and then spray foam to seal them into their insecticidy death.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kazinsal posted:

The problem is they're dug into a hole in the overhang, vertically. Any raid I fire in there is going to leak out and result in a lot of really pissed off, burning wasps.

Maybe raid and then spray foam to seal them into their insecticidy death.

That's why it's long range. Spray from a safe distance, soak, and you're good. If you notice any coming towards you that you can't spray, get indoors.

I got pretty good in my old carport at tagging them in midair but I will admit there were plenty of times when I was first using wasp killer and didn't know how effective it was where I would basically spray the can and run expecting retaliation.

Basically hit those fuckers with it and they die before they can do anything to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also speaking of dealing with venomous small critters, i found out carb cleaner will kill black widows a year or two ago when i was trying to fix an old lawnmower. Just had my gloved fingers all up in the spot she fell out of after getting a backsplash of the poo poo. I hosed her down while for good measure.

• Locked thread