Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

TheHeadSage posted:

I suspect the empire will launch the counter attack on Doma, and we'll see Ala Mhigo descend into a rather nasty civil war because Lyse will discover that while passion, idealism and fighting skills will help liberate your nation, they are going to do gently caress all when the population decides that now is the time to work out some old grievances and resume the original conflict that the empire interrupted

That'd be tough to resume because the previous civil war was the monarchy vs. the monks, and neither really exist any more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

4.1 is going to finally allow you to summon your birb and a minion at the same time.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I did The Feast and won a t-shirt. :3

We almost had a blowout, but with a minute to go, the score got increasingly towards 800-800 (final was like 970-whatever). Our tank knew the game and we went super aggro and clicked on dudes instead of medals.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I will say that Stormblood started off pretty strong for me because you're still kind of reeling from losing Papalymo, and you as the Warrior of Light lose for the first time. Not from want of knowledge but from sheer ability. Zenos more or less bitch slaps you into next week without even breaking a sweat

But by the end, you could have spent the entire time killing lvl1 Frogs in a forest to get as strong as him. You never learn poo poo about him or how to fight them, nor find something or someone to help you get stronger. You spend the whole time trying to rally the people of Doma and Ala Mhigo into rebelling but completely ignore the fact that this dude had kicked your balls up into your throat once already

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bolow posted:

I will say that Stormblood started off pretty strong for me because you're still kind of reeling from losing Papalymo, and you as the Warrior of Light lose for the first time. Not from want of knowledge but from sheer ability. Zenos more or less bitch slaps you into next week without even breaking a sweat

But by the end, you could have spent the entire time killing lvl1 Frogs in a forest to get as strong as him. You never learn poo poo about him or how to fight them, nor find something or someone to help you get stronger. You spend the whole time trying to rally the people of Doma and Ala Mhigo into rebelling but completely ignore the fact that this dude had kicked your balls up into your throat once already

Every previous time you fight him 1v1, this time you fight him 4v1, as well as generally getting stronger in the meantime.

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

I'd say that Heavensward definitely had the stronger overall narrative, but as a huge dork In love with the lore of this setting, the sheer breadth of worldbuilding in SB really really worked for me.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Also...

Zenos made the #1 Rookie mistake of all Rookie mistakes. He infused himself with the powers of a god and went to pick a fight with the person his own people call "The Godslayer"

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

ImpAtom posted:

Every previous time you fight him 1v1, this time you fight him 4v1, as well as generally getting stronger in the meantime.

One fun detail I noticed is that every single time you fight him he's level 70. The first time you fight him it's a joke, but not really much more than you trying to fight any other level 70 boss. Next time you're still really struggling but clearly not as much since you've grown and he hasn't. He's basically plateau'd already the moment you first see him. Him taking over Shinryu is what he thinks is the echo endgame and he does it to regain his previous lead.

tl;dr - Zenos is basically a noob stomper.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Let us all never forget that the Warrior of Light's true superpower is the rolodex of ready adventurers willing to come smash heads at a moment's notice.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Trasson posted:

Let us all never forget that the Warrior of Light's true superpower is the rolodex of ready adventurers willing to come smash heads at a moment's notice.

I'm always happy to help and assist the WoL in dungeons and raids

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Is it faster for me to level a healer by repeatedly running the latest available dungeon or to keep spamming leveling roulette? At lvl 35 Astro atm!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stalins Moustache posted:

Is it faster for me to level a healer by repeatedly running the latest available dungeon or to keep spamming leveling roulette? At lvl 35 Astro atm!

Leveling roulette only is 1/day so after that the latest dungeon is always faster. That said pre-50 it's probably just as fast if not faster to do PotD.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Potd makes me go :suicide: at this point, though. I'm looking forward to a new deep dungeon and I hope it won't be as brooding and dark as potd. Hopefully some kinda Kugane style deep dungeon? :O

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I'd just do daily dungeon roulette runs and not try to rush it but if you really need to level faster, I think POTD is the next best thing up until 50.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

How does the xp from daily 50/60 roulette compare to running the highest level dungeon (post 60)?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Potd makes me go :suicide: at this point, though. I'm looking forward to a new deep dungeon and I hope it won't be as brooding and dark as potd. Hopefully some kinda Kugane style deep dungeon? :O

The common belief (I don't think it's confirmed by devs?) is that Heaven-on-High will be the next PotD.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I think a lot of people are assuming that giant tower in the Ruby Sea will be the new deep dungeon.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Leofish posted:

The common belief (I don't think it's confirmed by devs?) is that Heaven-on-High will be the next PotD.

This is the common assumption yeah. Watch them turn it into a SaGa / Final Fantasy Legend tribute dungeon (save your chainsaw pomanders for the end boss).

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So I unlocked Expert Roulette in the duty finder. Is this like a Hard/Heroic mode version of the level 70 dungeons or is it just the level 70 dungeons?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bolow posted:

So I unlocked Expert Roulette in the duty finder. Is this like a Hard/Heroic mode version of the level 70 dungeons or is it just the level 70 dungeons?

It's just the three highest available ilvl level 70 dungeons, yeah. Nothing new in it that you haven't already cleared.

Terrene
May 1, 2009
So I just hit 70 on my monk. Transferring to Excalibur to join the FC. Is there a difference between the three FC's?

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Bolow posted:

It's just the level 70 dungeons. As more dungeons are released it will just be the most recent 3 dungeons with the others in a separate level 70 roulette.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bolow posted:

Just the most recent max level dungeons in their regular forms. Since we're only getting one new dungeon in 4.1 it remains to be seen how exdr will work then.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Ok, so I'm guessing the gearing works like this

310 Tome Gear > Primal EX's > Deltascape > Deltascape Savage

?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Deltascape and primal ex gear is both i320. Ex primal is only jewellery and weapons though, so probably go for i320 left side from omega.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Thundarr posted:

Just the most recent max level dungeons in their regular forms. Since we're only getting one new dungeon in 4.1 it remains to be seen how exdr will work then.

My guess is they'll drop the 1 msq dungeon and cycle in the new one...and I guess raise the ilvl requirement for the two sidequest dungeons? Would be kind of a weird exdr if they didn't.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bolow posted:

?

Crafted Gear -> Savage Gear

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I only have like a million gil to my name so crafted gear isn't on the table for me really. Not on Excalibur either so I can't get handouts :v:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Bolow posted:

?

Yeah, with 330 Creation tome gear in between Deltascape and Savage.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Bolow posted:

I only have like a million gil to my name so crafted gear isn't on the table for me really. Not on Excalibur either so I can't get handouts :v:

Crafted gear can still be got pretty cheap.

Susano can give you a 320 weapon and Lakshmi can get you 320 accessories. You can get tokens for 320 gear from normal deltascape. If you get a good group together for 10 susano ex runs (less if you're lucky and get your drop sooner) and 10-15 lakshmi runs, you'll have most accessories and a weapon sorted out. From there just collect tokens or talk to crafters about filling out your left side.

Once you meet the ilevel requirements, Deltascape Savage drops 340 gear. The first two fights in savage are very accessible. People even PF clear all the way through 4.0S now, but I would shoot your target at just 1.0S and 2.0S to start.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I could get those 99 crow feathers more quickly if I could get them from crows instead of trees.

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Trasson posted:

I love how square had to come out and, like, remind players that he WoL is canonically getting help and not just fighting bosses solo. Stormblood in particular goes out of its way to have NPCs emphasize the whole "gather adventurers and come back!" thing (though I guess the steppes boss is a bit of a grey area)

I think a major part of this is probably the fact that post-dungeon/trial/raid are now played AFTER the instance, which means other players' characters can't be shown in them

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Dick Trauma posted:

I could get those 99 crow feathers more quickly if I could get them from crows instead of trees.

No, you really wouldn't, because the drop rate from crows would be like 5% and they'd cost 10000 gil a pop on the MB.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Thundarr posted:

This is the common assumption yeah. Watch them turn it into a SaGa / Final Fantasy Legend tribute dungeon (save your chainsaw pomanders for the end boss).

Pomaders are replaced with meat that turns you into different monsters.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Leofish posted:

Pomaders are replaced with meat that turns you into different monsters.

Yes, yes, just give me Shiren the Warrior of Light. Give it to me now. I will never play anything else in FFXIV again.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

jalapeno_dude posted:

No, you really wouldn't, because the drop rate from crows would be like 5% and they'd cost 10000 gil a pop on the MB.

But I would use my special skills to increase the drop rate! All I need is someone to craft an Aviast's butterfly net and I can start collecting birbs.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

One last question for now. I'm just about capped on Poetic Tomestones, is there something I can do with them as a fresh lvl70 besides use them to buy level 50/60 gear for the Warrior I will probably end up leveling?

Sushi Face
Oct 11, 2006

Tastes like funk
Say if I fancied giving this another go (played before Stormblood/Heavensward came out) will I still get to do all the Heavensward quests/dungeons and stuff or did I miss the boat on that one?

Also I don't know anyone else that plays so if you get extra stuff by doing this games versions of a Resurrect scroll first come first served.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sushi Face posted:

Say if I fancied giving this another go (played before Stormblood/Heavensward came out) will I still get to do all the Heavensward quests/dungeons and stuff or did I miss the boat on that one?

Also I don't know anyone else that plays so if you get extra stuff by doing this games versions of a Resurrect scroll first come first served.

Not only will you get to play them but you have to play them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Bolow posted:

One last question for now. I'm just about capped on Poetic Tomestones, is there something I can do with them as a fresh lvl70 besides use them to buy level 50/60 gear for the Warrior I will probably end up leveling?

First buy all the minions/orchestrion rolls/etc. you care about. Then:

If you can, level desynthesis. If you care, get stuff for the 3.0 relic weapon (but that sounds awful, don't do that). Otherwise go to Idyllshire and trade it in for Grade 3 topsoil to sell on the MB.