Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chains is in a pickle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Chains is a pickle!

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Console (xb1) violent hierarchy is probably

Mountain
Undercover
Frames
Counterfeit
Slaughterhouse

I would be interested in a PC list

E- in regards to fun loud jobs.

swims fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Sep 16, 2017

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Chains is in a pickle!

I wonder if that pastrami sandwich had pickles on it

cuz then a pickle would be in- *vaudeville cane drags me away*

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
I will never forget the anguish I felt when I realized there was no variant of rustled jimmies to be heard by Bain.

How tragic. Such wasted potential. :britain:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The Opening of the new Almir video looks a lot like Diamond Heist from Payday 1.

swims
May 5, 2014

No console news in that one. Not that anyone else here is waiting for that but just incase.

If console is updated through Biker is there really that much we are missing? The game feels pretty complete and the skill revamp is in the game.

I'm a minority player but am pleased with what we have. Note: I essentially kept with vanilla PD2 for like three years on x360.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Maybe more than you'd think.

John Wick Weapon Pack
Gage Spec Ops Pack
Scarface Mansion (heist)
Scarface (character)
John Wick Heists
Gage Russian Weapon Pack
Stealing Xmas (heist)
Sangres (character)
Most Classic Heists
Prison Nightmare.
Some other masks
Some other guns
Some other throwable(s)

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Oh man, you console fellows haven't gotten to taste the delicious powercreep that is the Little Friend AR? :getin:

swims
May 5, 2014

Yeah the Wick boat job did look cool when announced. Forgot about that.

Any new heavy DMR assault rifles? Our update has the cavity as DMR damage.

We still have old safe house. Main reason I want the new one is to get the old school blue van back.

swims fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 22, 2017

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

The Galant exists a direct and extremely blatant upgrade to the M308. It was a RAID crossover promo and it was free. Also, the previously mentioned Little Friend, or as I have just now decided I like to call it: the DMRbiter - not that you know what the Arbiter is.

Why ask for the old school blue van to return when there's a perfectly good ice cream van with the safehouse update?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You forgot to mention that the Galant is a level 0 unlock, so once you finish the side mission to complete it it is always available.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

You'll have to pry my tacky halloween van from my cold dead hands.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

You forgot to mention that the Galant is a level 0 unlock, so once you finish the side mission to complete it it is always available.
What's a level that isn't 100? It's been a few thousand gameplay hours and I might be a little foggy on the subject.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

maswastaken posted:

What's a level that isn't 100? It's been a few thousand gameplay hours and I might be a little foggy on the subject.

It's something us that aren't 25-100 have to deal with.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

ThatOneGuy posted:

It's something us that aren't 25-100 have to deal with.

I hated the experience of not being 25-100 so much I developed a system for grinding up levels as fast as possible so I could get off that treadmill and then help other goons do so as well in an efficient manner. As much as I'd enjoy some kind of Infamy 3.0 system being introduced, I can definitely see where people still staring at the depths of Infamy 2.0 might balk at further grinding.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

chairface posted:

I hated the experience of not being 25-100 so much I developed a system for grinding up levels as fast as possible so I could get off that treadmill and then help other goons do so as well in an efficient manner. As much as I'd enjoy some kind of Infamy 3.0 system being introduced, I can definitely see where people still staring at the depths of Infamy 2.0 might balk at further grinding.

It's only really a hinderance for a slight amount of time.

And crime sprees really help with that issue. Get to 100, do a long spree, suspend it, imfamy, cash in and be back up to the 50+ range where most of the weapons are no longer locked out.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You could join someone with a crime spree in the thousands and get enough bonus XP to level all the way from 0 to 100.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LOOKS like? Man, the phone call. That's blatantly the Diamond Heist... which I've still never stealthed the original.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Manuel Calavera posted:

LOOKS like? Man, the phone call. That's blatantly the Diamond Heist... which I've still never stealthed the original.

We are going to kidnap the same dude all over again. Nathan Garnet is going to kill his son after this.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
the heist's got a massive facelift. In particular, there's a rooftop garde0ndger

There's a fucjhiing secret reference in the skyline I swear blue star light building menu align 0:25

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
We're finally getting the original diamond heist soon? Sweet.

Discendo Vox posted:

the heist's got a massive facelift. In particular, there's a rooftop garde0ndger

There's a fucjhiing secret reference in the skyline I swear blue star light building menu align

Vox are you ok? :ohdear:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

EorayMel posted:

We're finally getting the original diamond heist soon? Sweet.

He's recently got his Law Masters. He's probably a little drunk after the celebration.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

EorayMel posted:

Blue star is Algol tree favorite color on top of red sign garden path aligns with Behenian constellation

edit: French Eye

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 23, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

just playing up my secret obsession

at 0:23 in the video there's a shot of the roof with some sort of garden, and you can see words on nearby skyscrapers. The words were used in payday the heist to celebrate players who hit the level cap first. A really prominent one is a blue "STAR" on a nearby building. That doesn't appear in payday 1. Payday 2's secret has had a bunch of common themes referenced in its clues, and a common set are references to stars, the color blue, and diamonds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceRo5V50RUg&t=25s

edit: oh wait, there's a big change teased in that video- Garnet Senior's going to be at the party!

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 23, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I just want to wax about how loving good the Little Friend is. It combines two meta as gently caress weapons (DMR rifle and grenade launcher) into one, and you can essentially carry 3 guns instead of 2, Payday 1 style.

The DMR rifle attached to it is nothing too special; in fact it's fairly comparable to the M308. It gives up a good chunk of total ammo for a larger magazine (10 versus 20) and it lower base accuracy and stability, both of which are easily made up for with skills and weapon mods. What makes the Little Friend extremely my poo poo is the grenade launcher. The grenade launcher on it has incredibly good pickup, where you're almost guaranteed to get back a grenade with each box. It reloads fast - definitely faster than the GL40, and I think it's faster than a reload cancelling a single China Puff grenade, but I'm not sure since nobody's pulled the actual numbers. The result is an extremely satisfying gameplay loop where you launch grenades into cops, switch to the rifle to finish them off, and then scoop up all the ammo so your grenade launcher is all filled up again to repeat. The best part? The grenade launcher has an uncapped firerate. Combine that with Swansong and/or Bulletstorm. :getin: The Little Friend/Locomotive loadout has basically been my go-to for the past 6 months because it's so loving good.

It's also got a sexy as gently caress legendary skin painted in marbled black and gold. Fun fact: back when they first put out a Little Friend skin, the reload animation on the grenade launcher didn't work properly; the grenade would show up on the side of the grenade launcher instead of entering it, but they fixed it in time for them to introduce a 3 cent Little Friend skin.

https://imgur.com/NpiDknJ

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Cranked out Euro Bag Simulator with pubs and gave them 30 levels each :feelsgood:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
RAID is now live. Let the nazis gibs hit the floor as we take their gold.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
How many missions does it have?

Edit: Looked on the Steam forum and someone said "21 campaign & single missions + at least 4 outlaw raids. 25 raids" - sounds like a fair bit of content.

Gort fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 26, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Several of the Raids take place in buildings that are, broad strokes, identical to payday 2 heists. The actual gameplay's totally different, though, and it appears the geometry's just really similar, not actually a reskin. It's either a huge love letter to payday 2 or secret related.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Impressions of RAID:

Driving is better than Payday as there are multi day RAIDs that can involve you driving over a map to a base, in or out of stealth, because OH BOY IS THE MAP WHERE OUR BASE IS HUGE. Hard to shoot in the car, but fun to ride or drive.

Guns are kind of sloggy, but can be piss easy to rack up kills if you're in a group that is lingering around to find things or if you're soloing on normal. tiers of upgrades unlock at 15 and so on. I think guns and upgrades you put on them may carry over to other characters you make, but I haven't confirmed this yet. Later upgrades not only make you deadly, but in the case of the M1, stylish with a gold finish. However, the secondary is currently the worst as its just a lovely Mauser. Even grinding its first parts up was insulting as progress can be lost if you fail or if you disconnect from a raid upon victory as I've unfortunately done A LOT. God would I love some colt single actions, Smith and Weston model 10s, Nagant model 1895, the TT, the Ceska Zbrojovka vz. 38, M1911, your brownings (Hi-Power, model 1903 -22), your Berettas (1915-35), The Welrod, a goddamn SOE espionage/resistance gun; the motherfucking Walther PPK, the Tokarev TT-33, the Enfield No. 2 Mk I Revolver, the Luger P08, the Vis 35, Lahti L-35 or Husqvarna m/40 for a Finnish/Swedish Luger. For Bj Blaskowitz's sake, LGL, please, give us something else for a side arm!

EXP is so-so as there is incentive to collect extra dog tags to unlock the occasional rare item or more frequently extra XP. XP is graded on level difficulty, how well you do from accuracy to other general performance variables, the aforementioned gathering of dog tags, to what kind of RAID you are running. Multi-day RAIDs have their own gold and 30 or so dog tags on each consecutive day. You're going to be grinding, but as we know from Payday, eventually, you need to step up to hard and above or you're never going to get past the hump of 15 unless you poop sock real hard.

Gold is a real disaster as think of continental coins and needing have maybe hundreds on hand to not only decorate, but also to reclass a character the more you put into its level development. It takes around a few little trinkets of gold to unlock a single bar that will track and keep its progress through every heist so if you almost unlocked another bar on one RAID, progressing through another may instantly produce one bar as soon as you pocket a lighter on the ground. You're going to need a good memory to maximize gold gathering, unless they add in more ways to increase it or mods give you an easier time to just bend the rules your way in some manner.

Outfit customizing is fun as there are jackets and pants that can be used on one character or everyone. Some unlock by random dog tag crate chance, others come from completing certain missions.

Whoever they got to play as hitler in all of these victory or defeat movies is a good choice.

Mortar fire can be canceled by snuffing out enemy flairs that snipers fling about. They already took care of their own flash nade situation before it became a problem.

Classes all level differently, although roughly with the same traits just at different times, and almost all of them are kind of good depending on what you've unlocked and how you play. I still like Demolitions as the war cry is scatternades and the shotty is just like its in payday, except you can tear off heads and limbs.

Stealth is odd as so far there are no cameras or suppressed weapons. Its just your knife and a lot of nazis with excellent hearing. Stealth is possible and there are more moments where you have breathing room if a nazi isn't right on top of you, but even then you MAY be in the clear so long as you slit his throat before he gets to a radio or fires his gun for other nazis to hear. HOWEVER, this game can go instant loud where no matter what you do the action music starts to play and the German orders are issued in thundering tones. Not impossible, but you need to actually try and even then, desynch or glitches can gently caress you over. In some RAIDs, stealth dramatically changes how you go about your objectives, or in the case of ODIN'S TOWER, its kind of easier once you get inside - if you can do it without triggering an alarm.

Music is not involving Simon Viklund so far. I know, its weird, but its kind of a more older school Return to Wolfenstein game as far as using big booming brass or traditional war ambient music.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Sep 27, 2017

swims
May 5, 2014

Thanks for the write up. Are grunts unlimited or limited spawn? What I've seen looks like a set amount of dudes to kill and then theyre gone.

swims
May 5, 2014

Discendo Vox posted:

Several of the Raids take place in buildings that are, broad strokes, identical to payday 2 heists. The actual gameplay's totally different, though, and it appears the geometry's just really similar, not actually a reskin. It's either a huge love letter to payday 2 or secret related.

Can't be that.

It's just bomb forest expanded on. Into a full game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

swims posted:

Thanks for the write up. Are grunts unlimited or limited spawn? What I've seen looks like a set amount of dudes to kill and then theyre gone.

If its stealth, yes its a limited amount. If it goes loud, it is an unending nazi parade that you need to gun down.

swims
May 5, 2014

The gore looked cool I guess but I'd almost rather they just made like 5 new paid PD2 jobs instead. Cause I woulda bought those without even questioning.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Except for that one Outlaw Raid, Jewelry Store Rogue's Gallery, where the gameplay is so identical, even the truck appears in the same places.

Crabtree posted:

I think guns and upgrades you put on them may carry over to other characters you make, but I haven't confirmed this yet. Later upgrades not only make you deadly, but in the case of the M1, stylish with a gold finish.
They do. Just remember to equip them when you make your character.

quote:

However, the secondary is currently the worst as its just a lovely Mauser. Even grinding its first parts up was insulting as progress can be lost if you fail or if you disconnect from a raid upon victory as I've unfortunately done A LOT. God would I love some colt single actions, Smith and Weston model 10s, Nagant model 1895, the TT, the Ceska Zbrojovka vz. 38, M1911, your brownings (Hi-Power, model 1903 -22), your Berettas (1915-35), The Welrod, a goddamn SOE espionage/resistance gun; the motherfucking Walther PPK, the Tokarev TT-33, the Enfield No. 2 Mk I Revolver, the Luger P08, the Vis 35, Lahti L-35 or Husqvarna m/40 for a Finnish/Swedish Luger. For Bj Blaskowitz's sake, LGL, please, give us something else for a side arm!
There are others.

Adding to the infodumps: Outlaw Raids! You pick up some special intel during another raid and you unlock an outlaw raid. Until you host that raid, you can't pick up another one. All loot gathered in the raid converts considerably more favourably into gold bars - I got 10 bars from a pub Rogue's Gallery. This is how you're supposed to farm gold.

maswastaken fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Sep 27, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I found out that Ilija intentionally built Rogue's Gallery as a full reference because he also made Jewelry Store.

Weapon progress and gold is kept between characters.

I am thrilled that they added the enemy compendium in the base, it helps a lot. The new flamer model is also much appreciated.

There are a ton of rare/optional events and map features in each raid. On a Bunker Busters run, an office spawned in the bunker with an Officer, 2 SS troops, and 2 cases of gold.

There is clearly a stealthable version of the Gold Rush bank planned, if it's not ingame already. The radios are a dead giveaway.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 27, 2017

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Discendo Vox posted:

I found out that Ilija intentionally built Rogue's Gallery as a full reference because he also made Jewelry Store.

Weapon progress and gold is kept between characters.

I am thrilled that they added the enemy compendium in the base, it helps a lot. The new flamer model is also much appreciated.

There are a ton of rare/optional events and map features in each raid. On a Bunker Busters run, an office spawned in the bunker with an Officer, 2 SS troops, and 2 cases of gold.

There is clearly a stealthable version of the Gold Rush bank planned, if it's not ingame already.

The sniper we hired?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Fil5000 posted:

The sniper we hired?

Ilija Petrusic is the head of Lion Game Lion, and worked for Overkill on payday 1 and 2 before founding LGL-head of level design, iirc. He was, indeed, the basis, voice, and image of Ilija the sniper we hired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Wasn't he a co-founder of Overkill as well?