Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Audi Field will look great on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

If rumors are to be believed, he's gonna be the next Messi.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

It's a U-12 game where it is pay to play. They don't bother actually cutting players until the u-13 level

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Ungratek posted:

It's a U-12 game where it is pay to play. They don't bother actually cutting players until the u-13 level

I somehow get the uneasy feeling that my tax dollars are supporting his soccer career

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I somehow get the uneasy feeling that my tax dollars are supporting his soccer career

Couldn't you say something similar about any government employee that puts his kids into any after-school activity?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Couldn't you say something similar about any government employee that puts his kids into any after-school activity?

Sure, if you wanna get into the false equivalence game

Look I know full well that this is not the biggest or even halfway relevant thing to get angry at DC United for, but it's something new every loving day with these assholes. Jose Andres had to record himself promising he was gonna hire the pupusa ladies from RFK to make pupusas for Audi Field, and I don't even believe him.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Hey lets harass a 12 year old kid
-woke MLS fans

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Sure, if you wanna get into the false equivalence game

Look I know full well that this is not the biggest or even halfway relevant thing to get angry at DC United for, but it's something new every loving day with these assholes. Jose Andres had to record himself promising he was gonna hire the pupusa ladies from RFK to make pupusas for Audi Field, and I don't even believe him.

I don't understand what the issue is here. A kid is playing soccer in your team's childrens league. What's the problem?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Tigren posted:

I don't understand what the issue is here. A kid is playing soccer in your team's childrens league. What's the problem?

gently caress the Trump family?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Agreed, but imagine how many other racist parents have children on that team.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Tigren posted:

Agreed, but imagine how many other racist parents have children on that team.

gently caress them too?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Seek mental help

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
A probably autistic kid in the spotlight of the American media is going to play soccer. His father may be an rear end in a top hat of the worst kind but please leave him alone. Don't be like the idiots that harassed the Obama girls because you disagreed with their father.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I don't remember the Obama kids being harassed tbh

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I mean I'm not going in, I wasn't going in before that, they tried to sell the team to Dan Snyder and I've been to like one game since that came out

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Timbers signed an actual 5 year old to play keeper, if that makes you feel any better.

It should because it was a Make A Wish thing
http://www.nydailynews.com/newswires/sports/timbers-sign-5-year-old-goalkeeper-grant-article-1.3514405

highme fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 23, 2017

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
That sounds awesome actually

E: just saw the Make A Wish thing and seriously, it's so easy. Do good works and serve your city. Good for the Timbers and good for that kid and it's not the league that sucks. It's D.C.

Your Boy Fancy fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 23, 2017

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

He's eleven years old.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

I don't remember the Obama kids being harassed tbh

This shtick is bad

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
This may come as a shock to some, but it's nice to have hobbies that don't involve politics and current events, and this is mine

I don't like the latter reaching out to the former to drag it in

I'm not saying shoot the kid, I'm saying I want him to gently caress off

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

wicka posted:

This shtick is bad

Can you link to some tea party capos tweeting about bringing rude tifos to Sasha's soccer game

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I'm not saying shoot the kid, I'm saying I want him to gently caress off
He's eleven years old.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I want the eleven year old boy to gently caress off, yes.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

For the crime of "He Likes Playing Soccer and His Parents Signed Him Up For The Team"?

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I support Fancy forever and always. Fancy for U-13 coach.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

This may come as a shock to some, but it's nice to have hobbies that don't involve politics and current events, and this is mine

This is literally the logic Team MAGA uses to complain about Colin Kaepernick, you realise? Except that this kid is literally doing even less that's objectionable than Kaepernick is.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Dallan Invictus posted:

This is literally the logic Team MAGA uses to complain about Colin Kaepernick, you realise? Except that this kid is literally doing even less that's objectionable than Kaepernick is.

Except Kaep doesn't do anything objectionable.

Back to MLS, I hope Ben Olsen is fired soon just to be honest here.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Dallan Invictus posted:

Oh word, what was Barron Trump protesting

Look, I'm freely admitting this is a stupid rear end hill and I'm not fully reasonable, and I simply don't care, please let me be unreasonably mad online

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

joshtothemaxx posted:

I swear I was thinking of adding "(not that Barron's doing anything laudable either)" but left it out because I didn't expect anyone to be THAT picky. No I don't think Kaepernick is doing anything reasonably objectionable either, Christ. There are people who object to it because "this is my safe sports hobby space and how dare he bring politics into it". These people are wrong. But at least Kaep is actually making a political statement for people to react to in accordance with their various ideologies. My point was that Barron isn't even doing that, unless you count "existing as the President's son and presumably wanting to play soccer".

But yeah, agreed, this topic is going nowhere useful so I'll drop it. :psyduck: I hope Olsen is fired and Thohir/Levien sell anyway, you guys deserve better.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

joshtothemaxx posted:

He does

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Guys I think we should Levon Barron Trump alone.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Barron doesn't read these forums idiots

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Dallan Invictus posted:

But yeah, agreed, this topic is going nowhere useful so I'll drop it. :psyduck: I hope Olsen is fired and Thohir/Levien sell anyway, you guys deserve better.

We're at eight and a half seasons of Ben Olsen, who's won one (1) trophy in that span. And there's this amazing blindness from inside and outside the organization - the long time supporters love him from his playing days and genuine devotion to the club, and his contract is for peanuts. And that's what the shame of it is; he really does love this place inside and out. I'd love to shift him into Frankie Hejduk mode of being the man who gives a gently caress and tells stories before games. He's legitimately a nice guy and a good guy. I love him to bits as a human being. And I wish he had a different job.

Whomever they sell to, it will be for a profit, and I'm terrified if we get some other Bain Capital rear end Motherfuckers.

Bio-Hazard
Mar 8, 2004
I HATE POLITICS IN SOCCER AS MUCH AS I LOVE RACISM IN SOCCER
If that's to be believed, Barron Trump plays for DC United's Academy team.

That's the US Soccer Development Academy, the top level of youth soccer in the US.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Again, this shtick: it's very bad

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

You're irrationally upset about a child playing soccer.

Take a step back and think about that.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017
Oh man, 37 new posts, what happe...... Well then.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bio-Hazard posted:

If that's to be believed, Barron Trump plays for DC United's Academy team.

That's the US Soccer Development Academy, the top level of youth soccer in the US.
It's like a U-11 or U-12 team. Those are generally pay-to-play, no tryouts involved.

Of course, not that some adults aren't trying to ruin youth sports even more. I recently saw a Facebook posting in SE Minnesota advertising U-10 traveling baseball with a tryout schedule. We're now making nine-year-old kids audition for teams.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

It's like a U-11 or U-12 team. Those are generally pay-to-play, no tryouts involved.

Of course, not that some adults aren't trying to ruin youth sports even more. I recently saw a Facebook posting in SE Minnesota advertising U-10 traveling baseball with a tryout schedule. We're now making nine-year-old kids audition for teams.

I started playing travel soccer when I was 9 and there were most definitely tryouts.

Y'all are soft as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Hey, if the talent pool can bear that, I'm all about it.

• Locked thread