Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

psydude posted:

I liked Community. Guess that makes me bad or something.

I've consistently called you Corky from Life goes On, so yeah something is definitely off about you.
TV shows are cool, not wanting to interact with weird fans is cool too.

Back from the Psydude has downs-syndrome chat....
How the hell does the Venture Bros have a insane multiple year gaps between seasons?
Are the creators/writers really that slow, or busy with other things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

vains posted:

small brain: liking a tv show but never interacting with anyone else that likes the tv show

regular brain: liking a tv show but complaining about the fan base after you actively sought them out

exploding galaxy brain: never watching a tv show because you hate the fan base, that you actively sought out, of a creator/director

multiverse brain: waiting 5 years after cancellation to watch a TV show and ironically gushing about it to former fans long after they've forgotten about it

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
cool something appears to be off with my computer because I'm getting a headache and very light nausea for the second evening in a row

so it's either emitting a pitch i can't hear, or my refresh rate is messed up or something

this is gonna be fun to troubleshoot

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

NoNostalgia4Grover posted:

I've consistently called you Corky from Life goes On, so yeah something is definitely off about you.

Do you? I don't really pay attention to your posts.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Change the brightness levelon your monitor Vas.
You might be experiencing the joy of oncoming migraine headaches, they are not fun at all.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Change the brightness levelon your monitor Vas.
You might be experiencing the joy of oncoming migraine headaches, they are not fun at all.

Fortunately I don't get migraines or regular headaches under normal circumstances. My girl gets debilitating 3-day long ones that require injectors though.

I'm updating my drivers right now, might as well. I haven't changed anything on my PC so there's some sort of tomfoolery at hand.

edit: it appears that since I unplugged my TV from my computer two days ago, my monitor refresh rate was set to 59.25. That might be it!

Vasudus fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 23, 2017

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Happy for you about the non-headaches.

Hope the driver updates help out the issue you are experiencing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Back from the Psydude has downs-syndrome chat....
How the hell does the Venture Bros have a insane multiple year gaps between seasons?

The show is basically done by two guys on a shoestring budget. They do all the writing, storyboarding, directing, editing, and a bunch of other poo poo. They outsource the actual animation, though. That's why it takes forever for the most part.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
How old is the monitor?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Budget is a big part of it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Syrian Lannister posted:

How old is the monitor?

Uh...11 years.

I really should replace it and get a modern 27" 1440p one but eh.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Buy two.

Two is better than one.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah that's the plan. I'm waiting for the next round of video cards before I buy a new rig.

I'm not positive but I might have fixed it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i had some horrible stomach bug earlier this week so ive lived off water and soup for two days so tonight i made green chili, bacon and swiss burgers with tater tots and oh god do i love food

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Newegg, Amazon, and Monoprice routinely have good deals on 24-27" monitors if you wanted to replace them before you refresh the rest of your machine.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Yeah budget + creators doing 85% of the non-animation work on Venture Bros does explain the massive delays. Thanks again for the quick answers.

Budget being tight on AdultSwim shows seems to be running theme.
Brendon Small, the creator of Metalocalypse, wasted his entire final season budget on a 60 minute Metalocalypse musical episode that was impossible
to break up into chunks for cable tv broadcast, gambling that since the Metalocalypse musicial reset things to Dethklok status quo, the AdultSwim corporate suits
were going to blank check approve a final season so he could complete his vision......................yeah, that didn't happen.

And then Small lost the rights to everything Metalocalypse related, and even after a $2 million kickstarter (there was? what the hell?) to help fund a new season,
nobody at Adult Swim wants anything to do with him, so thats like triple self-fuckery by Small.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

psydude posted:

Newegg, Amazon, and Monoprice routinely have good deals on 24-27" monitors if you wanted to replace them before you refresh the rest of your machine.

Microcenter / Fry's too, if they're by you

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah budget + creators doing 85% of the non-animation work on Venture Bros does explain the massive delays. Thanks again for the quick answers.

Budget being tight on AdultSwim shows seems to be running theme.
Brendon Small, the creator of Metalocalypse, wasted his entire final season budget on a 60 minute Metalocalypse musical episode that was impossible
to break up into chunks for cable tv broadcast, gambling that since the Metalocalypse musicial reset things to Dethklok status quo, the AdultSwim corporate suits
were going to blank check approve a final season so he could complete his vision......................yeah, that didn't happen.

And then Small lost the rights to everything Metalocalypse related, and even after a $2 million kickstarter (there was? what the hell?) to help fund a new season,
nobody at Adult Swim wants anything to do with him, so thats like triple self-fuckery by Small.

gently caress. That show owns.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
The best part is, you can easily imagine the boys being talked into (or talking themselves into) something almost exactly like that when Offdensen isn't paying attention.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0z74CNxjtM

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
This is pretty much the most german thing I'm going to see all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM4Xe2c0B8M

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Dead Reckoning posted:

The best part is, you can easily imagine the boys being talked into (or talking themselves into) something almost exactly like that when Offdensen isn't paying attention.

Truth. Wasn't that kind of a season ending with the double concert in Israel & Palestine, and Offdensen freaking the gently caress out about their moronic pledge?

Being unable to air the 60 minute musical episode on TV is probably what really pissed off the AdultSwim suits forever.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

This is pretty much the most german thing I'm going to see all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM4Xe2c0B8M

It's an odd day when you get a solid block of metal and have to treat it with the same care as you would explosive lest you gently caress up all your computers, electronics, and possible lose a hand.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

not caring here posted:

It's an odd day when you get a solid block of metal and have to treat it with the same care as you would explosive lest you gently caress up all your computers, electronics, and possible lose a hand.

Imagine that's a normal terror filled day for people with pacemakers.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

NoVA/DC goons, which one of you has the AUTISTIC AND PROUD bumper sticker below your AN ASPIE license plate, because I was just behind you on I-66.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

redneck nazgul posted:

NoVA/DC goons, which one of you has the AUTISTIC AND PROUD bumper sticker below your AN ASPIE license plate, because I was just behind you on I-66.

Please don't doxx me.

So we booked a zoo for our wedding and reception venue. Pumped because we get to hang out with a couple of penguins and an owl for pictures :3:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

You can blame the penguin for any noxious odors. Man I got a serious case of the nervous farts on wedding day.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

redneck nazgul posted:

wow you didn't even wave

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Dad Chat: Beanie Jr and I just built a pinewood derby car :clint:

The blue one we built today, the red one my grandfather helped me build about 30 years ago. He was an amazing woodworker and that car won best in show.

Little guy picked out the wedge design and didn’t want a windshield or anything, just “stripes and a yellow star.” It looked really good but I’m kinda pissed because the clear coat I bought to seal that little star sticker just bubbled up and ruined the paint, but this is the only weekend I’ll be home before the derby, so we’re going as is :sad:

He’s thrilled with it though, and keeps telling me we’re gonna get “best in show for sure :haw:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What kind of temporary housing is available in the D.C. area? I may need a place for only a couple of months this summer.

E: with Monty included.

I'll also be holding on to my lease where I'm at now because I am going to grad school in this area, so I can't pay a bajillion dollars.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 23, 2017

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

I'd look on craigslist for subleases or for people who are doing month to month furnished leases. If you try to do one from a rental company, they'll charge you out the rear end.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

[quote="“NUKES CURE NORKS”" post="“476689367”"]
What kind of temporary housing is available in the D.C. area? I may need a place for only a couple of months this summer.

E: with Monty included.

I’ll also be holding on to my lease where I’m at now because I am going to grad school in this area, so I can’t pay a bajillion dollars.
[/quote]

Your best bet is going to be Craigslist. Property management companies are going to want to lock you into a lease. Does your company have any kind of corporate housing you could avail yourself of?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Dad Chat: Beanie Jr and I just built a pinewood derby car :clint:

The blue one we built today, the red one my grandfather helped me build about 30 years ago. He was an amazing woodworker and that car won best in show.

Little guy picked out the wedge design and didn’t want a windshield or anything, just “stripes and a yellow star.” It looked really good but I’m kinda pissed because the clear coat I bought to seal that little star sticker just bubbled up and ruined the paint, but this is the only weekend I’ll be home before the derby, so we’re going as is :sad:

He’s thrilled with it though, and keeps telling me we’re gonna get “best in show for sure :haw:

That's' awesome

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

suboptimal posted:

Your best bet is going to be Craigslist. Property management companies are going to want to lock you into a lease. Does your company have any kind of corporate housing you could avail yourself of?

I am going to visit the company in three weeks. That'll be something I will ask about and is something I didn't even consider. This is my first foray into the adult world and didn't know companies did that type of thing.

(The military isn't the adult world -- it's a glorified daycare with guns).

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Guns and class sixes. Can't leave out that nipple of tax free booze that we all subsided on for x years.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Rick and Morty is an insane show that plumbs the depths of nihilism and also For the Damaged Coda is deployed so expertly it almost makes me jizz

The three best cartoon series have all been on Adult Swim. Archer is badass, but it's not as good as R/M, Venture Bros, or Boondocks. Futurama being on the pantheon is a joke imo - it was a hell of a show but it has a huge number of bad episodes and the worst movie of all time. Farnsworths Parabox is almost perfect. The episodes about Frys brother and his dog were absolutely the two most emotional episodes of anything I've ever seen, but come on. Every episode with the Robot Devil is horrible and all the new seasons are godawful on the balance.

Netflix has some good poo poo going. Bojack and F is for Family are legit. Hope they got some more stuff coming

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
it sucks and it makes me feel like i am getting older but it is time for me to finally admit that i need to get an eye exam because my glasses aren't as effective as they used to be...

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So I was at the Apple store and they had two pairs of airpods left. Gal said they never make it to the shelves.

Anyways I figured I'd do someone a solid so I snatched them up. Was anyone having trouble finding a pair? (Insert Apple joke here here lulz)

gone

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Sep 24, 2017

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i don't need it

i don't need it

i don't need it

:shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I thought everyone hated them?

• Locked thread