Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Squat butt no joke. I've got an rear end bigger than anybody I know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Deads are important as well. Treat your hammys right!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Statement still stands! More squats!

Do you, or do you not want people of your preferred gender to be able to swat and/or grab your butt and be impressed by what feedback they find there?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xjJu7_OObc

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Wheres our persistent Squats emote, Yoshida

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Skaw posted:

Wheres our persistent Squats emote, Yoshida

_Seriously_.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Rigging problems with potatoes, lacking as we are in knees with which to squat?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So i've been thinking of switching to a catgirl after seeing how stupidly better their animations are than everybody else's. But i need to ask if you are stuck with whatever tail color you pick or can you change it at the hair stylist as well? I'm not super crazy about having a tail but if i can at least color coordinate then i will be happy.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Tail colour is based on main hair colour, IIRC.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Tail colour is based on main hair colour, IIRC.

It's both, tails will reflect highlights too.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

ImpAtom posted:

It's both, tails will reflect highlights too.

I think there's some tails that don't do highlights, in case you don't like it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mister Olympus posted:

they can do pushups or something

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Ainsley McTree posted:

they can do pushups or something

But then every other race would need a /pushups emote

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mister Olympus posted:

If they have knees for /kneel and /psych, then they have enough knees for /squats.

EponymousMrYar posted:

you need something that speaks louder than words to get back to breadchat.

Post your hot pics of bread-based FFXIV moments, such as Haurchefant taking the Sub of Light to protect your cholesterol or Urianger moonlighting as a Jimmy Jons deliveryman.

Heck, Arby's probably has something FFXIV related.

Although this is more sandwiches than just bread. I'm hungry.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 23, 2017

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Learned about /gpose controls from this thread this week, and tonight I figured out two things: (1) your character and companions/pets will look at the camera and (2) there are picnic benches on the moon gates in Doma.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

meiram posted:

Learned about /gpose controls from this thread this week, and tonight I figured out two things: (1) your character and companions/pets will look at the camera and (2) there are picnic benches on the moon gates in Doma.

Well yeah, where else are the imperials going to eat lunch?

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
Hit 60 on my MCH. :toot: Now I just have to decide whether I like the tricorne or the eyepatch better.

the gun doesn't necessarily fit the aesthetic, but it looks cool and having a genuine Coil weapon might trick people into thinking I'm good at this game.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

what up Kirimu Coat bro :hfive:

It's a tough choice, i don't personally like the eyepatches much myself, but with one you can actually see your hairstyle much better than with the hat.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Go Maelstrom, get pirate hat with eyepatch.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
hi guess who else just got reshade and a card upgrade so that i can play in 4k now

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 27, 2017

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

gently caress, don't toy with me, Taro!

Mordiceius posted:

Don't toy with my heart.

Yes, that.

Dick Trauma posted:

I want smoking emotes like in LotRO.

Yoshi smokes in real life and has said in the past that he would like to have smoking and drinking added as persistent emotes in the future. Who knows- bards're getting instruments in 4.1. Maybe it's only a matter of time?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Woulden't that up the age rating on the game though? Sounds like something a publisher woulden't want

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Mister Olympus posted:

They squat in your squadren

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Woulden't that up the age rating on the game though? Sounds like something a publisher woulden't want

FF7 did well enough despite its teen rating, and that had a gay bathtub orgy.

The Grimace posted:

gently caress, don't toy with me, Taro!

Maybe they'll revisit what they did with Stormblood and let two different people write different portions of the plot and give one to him, so in a theoretical next expansion you would have one part with stock-standard FF fare in Hingashi, then in the other part you go to Thavnair and your Echo goes haywire and all the morbols scream for mercy as you kill them.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Solo Wing Pixy posted:

Hit 60 on my MCH. :toot: Now I just have to decide whether I like the tricorne or the eyepatch better.

the gun doesn't necessarily fit the aesthetic, but it looks cool and having a genuine Coil weapon might trick people into thinking I'm good at this game.

Try the Silver Tricorne and have both.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I get so upset watching my squadron do cool poo poo like squat and meditate with each other. Where did they get the hook up?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

I get so upset watching my squadron do cool poo poo like squat and meditate with each other. Where did they get the hook up?

I expect that those emotes will be squadron unlocks at some point.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
If you want to help with the fees keeping the offsite running, log in and send a few bucks through the tip jar on the sidebar.

edit: costs are now taken care of through 2018, thanks for the prompt donations

The Chairman fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 23, 2017

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Try the Silver Tricorne and have both.

Hell yes, someone mentioned that in chat last night too but I was too tired to try it out. It has a rad skull on it too! :hellyeah:

also the Sky Pirate title, of course.

Solo Wing Pixy fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 23, 2017

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Quick question about 1.0. Was it hard? I saw stuff on the speakers network showing how King Moogle was like super difficult and wondering if the rest of the game was balanced in terms of normal content and difficulty

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Why don't the Twin Adders have anything cool? It's like they wanted Ul'dah and Limsa to be the biggest badasses on the block and the forgot there was a third GC. They don't even have a Hard Mode dungeon, do they?

I just got to Azim Steppe, so I'm still chugging along in SB

Those Koja enemies creep me out, though. I always thought they were just big smiling heads like in VI, not some weird jelly monstrosity. :stonk:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why don't the Twin Adders have anything cool? It's like they wanted Ul'dah and Limsa to be the biggest badasses on the block and the forgot there was a third GC. They don't even have a Hard Mode dungeon, do they?

Well, they were working on balance, but it's just so hard to get it right, you know? Kan-E-Senna wants her herb garden weeded, but you can't pick them too hard, or you'll ANGER THE SPIRITS AND THEN THEY DROP MORBOLS ON YOU. ALL OF THE MORBOLS. FOREVER.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Haukke hard is probably the adders hard mode dungeon.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Mymla posted:

Haukke hard is probably the adders hard mode dungeon.

I could argue that it doesn't fit the pattern because it's a problem occurring rather than just a training ground.

e: but I also want Temple Knights, Sekiseigumi, and Ala Mhigan Irregulars GCs before "hullbreaker hard but it's in gridania"

e2: Also a Garlean Foreign Legion for when the empire finally crumbles and Cid is elected president of the second republic or something similar

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 24, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I figure Toto-Rak would be the training dungeon, what with being a former prison.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I kind of understand what the hell is going on in this Frontline thing but it sure is hell not fun at all as a Dragoon

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Quick question about 1.0. Was it hard? I saw stuff on the speakers network showing how King Moogle was like super difficult and wondering if the rest of the game was balanced in terms of normal content and difficulty

I haven't personally experienced 1.0 at endgame but one of the big challenges that's I've heard about a lot is animation lock. If you used an ability or anything, you're rooted in place until the animation is done.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bolow posted:

I kind of understand what the hell is going on in this Frontline thing but it sure is hell not fun at all as a Dragoon

Frontlines is tough for melee dps, especially if you queue solo. If you're in a well coordinated premade group, your job is to be a screen for your healers and ranged, and to make quick strikes against vulnerable targets. If you try to push into the enemy's line, you'll get destroyed even in a premade, so hang back and destroy any idiots on the other team that tries to do that. That usually goes out the window when you're solo, but sometimes the pubbies stick together well enough for it to work.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 24, 2017

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

A couple of other factors were also clearly inspired by the more "old-school" design of Everquest and pre-CoP FFXI than WoW, which made things feel markedly more difficult to accomplish without a dedicated group of people. For one, crafting was exponentially more grindy and difficult to level, so a good craftsman was rare and virtually none of your pre-endgame gear could be relied on to come from crafting.

Things like job AF and story progression were also gated behind pretty punishing fights that go way beyond what you find in the new game. The actual fight mechanics were relatively simple (I suspect as a limitation of the game engine, tbh) but were tuned numerically so that it was extremely difficult to clear something like the Dragoon 50 quest or United We Stand with a full party at your contemporary gear level, so you basically had to rely on recruiting people at endgame to carry you through these fights.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Frontlines is tough for melee dps, especially if you queue solo. If you're in a well coordinated premade group, your job is to be a screen for your healers and ranged, and to make quick strikes against vulnerable targets. If you try to push into the enemy's line, you'll get destroyed even in a premade, so hang back and destroy any idiots on the other team that tries to do that. That usually goes out the window when you're solo, but sometimes the pubbies stick together well enough for it to work.

It has a very Alterac Valley feel, unfortunately my Dragoon doesn't have the raw killing potential my Warrior in WoW did :smith:

But yeah I mostly just kind of followed the zerg and would stun people who came over to our side, it's just boring as poo poo. Although I think I'm like 3 days away from getting mostly 310 gear from the daily roulette bonuses which is nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Well, they were working on balance, but it's just so hard to get it right, you know? Kan-E-Senna wants her herb garden weeded, but you can't pick them too hard, or you'll ANGER THE SPIRITS AND THEN THEY DROP MORBOLS ON YOU. ALL OF THE MORBOLS. FOREVER.

Bad Breath in this game might as well cause instant death considering the debuffs it hits you with.