Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Heh, I remember playing with decent molar HFl back before I realised it's potential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rime posted:

Defattening agents are fun, disruption of neurotransmitters is fun, I recently avenged myself on some wasps by dousing them with full strength hydrofluoric acid.

Nightmare fuel, do not recommend. :stare:

JFC even for this thread that's ..... what the hell??????

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
Oh Jesus this is season 3 of serial.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

JFC even for this thread that's ..... what the hell??????

Don't google image search hydrofluoric acid burns. :barf:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

tomapot posted:

I just looked. They aren't that bad. That being said, you probably want to take this guy's advice.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

monsterzero posted:

Oh Jesus this is season 3 of serial.

Funny thing when I was at Guantanamo, Sarah Koenig and Dana Chivvis came down and took a lot of audio recording. We didn't know what the hell it was for, though it turned out to be Serial Season 2 about Bowe Bergdahl. I was PAO so I had to transcribe every interview and drive them around and filter their photos.

They didn't use any of their material from gitmo, because gitmo has absolutely 0% to do with Bergdahl.

However, I don't know where 14 is going with this, so that material may become relevant again.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I used to go into rooms where the stuff was aerosolized. Like a morning fog. I'd don level B SCBA and descend into it as a designated emergency responder. Sometimes I'd feel itchy, like people phobic or insects or spiders do, and get paranoid. HF doesn't hurt until hours after exposure and by then it's generally too late. If I got the itches it was time to wash up in calcium gluconate. The damage to worry about wasn't the skin burns, it decalcifies bones and is extremely carninogenic. Super scary stuff. It evacuated the lab I worked in about 5 times a year.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

tomapot posted:

Eh other acids are worse visually. The real problem with HF is the whole Florine leeching calicum from bones...... that sounds like an amazingly ugly way to die.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Rime posted:

Defattening agents are fun, disruption of neurotransmitters is fun, I recently avenged myself on some wasps by dousing them with full strength hydrofluoric acid.

YouTube link?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

hydroflouric acid is sold over the counter (or was recently) for etching glass. It is horrifying stuff. Intentionally spraying it in any context outside a loving fume hood with full body specialized PPE is a horrifying prospect nobody should even joke about.

I mean I'd be more comfortable playing around with cesium137

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Leperflesh posted:

hydroflouric acid is sold over the counter (or was recently) for etching glass. It is horrifying stuff. Intentionally spraying it in any context outside a loving fume hood with full body specialized PPE is a horrifying prospect nobody should even joke about.

I mean I'd be more comfortable playing around with cesium137

poo poo, the burn pictures don't look as bad as I was expecting (but still pretty bad) but I wouldn't want to see what it could do when aerosolized.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

it's better to think of it as poison. poison that migrates through latex and nitrile and skin and flesh in seconds and attacks your bones and your heart and nevous system and causes severe pain.

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/mmg/mmg.asp?id=1142&tid=250

osha exposure limit is 3ppm, and NIOSH says 30 ppm is immediately dangerous to life or health.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Rime posted:

:thumbsup:

Go hard or go home.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Guy: "wow these pics are :nms: I suggest not googling them"

Thread: "hold my panther piss"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Leperflesh posted:

it's better to think of it as poison. poison that migrates through latex and nitrile and skin and flesh in seconds and attacks your bones and your heart and nevous system and causes severe pain.

https://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/mmg/mmg.asp?id=1142&tid=250

osha exposure limit is 3ppm, and NIOSH says 30 ppm is immediately dangerous to life or health.

There are worse things you can do with HF. Much worse things...

"Fulminant acute colitis following a self-administered hydrofluoric acid enema."

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
What is wrong with you people?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

"Fulminant acute colitis following a self-administered hydrofluoric acid enema."

You ended your quote too soon. You missed:

while intoxicated from intranasal cocaine administration.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
is it the conjunction of AI and FOOF thread time or something?

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Oh man, I've gotta take that one over to drugs.txt.

Nitrile gloves are safe for use with it at 22mm, otherwise I would be dead. My job since June has been scrubbing windows with the stuff to remove concrete deposit etchings, while suspended 400' in the air.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

My brain is refusing to accept that is for real

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

My brain is refusing to accept that is for real

Would it help if it were prefixed with "Florida Man..."

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Jesus loving christ you guys are some hosed up fucks

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Does the camper stove not work? Wouldn't be more efficient and easier to get a propane tank hooked up for the stove and heater?

The biolite also acts as a phone charger, so there's that.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think we are stealing djdados electric but the camp stove will be nice when we get evicted with a restraining order.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Jesus loving christ you guys are some hosed up fucks

The biolite also acts as a phone charger, so there's that.

And it is powered entirely from twigs that you find lying around instead of having to buy propane. There will be a time for cooking on the propane stove and that time is called winter.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

If there were words that I would put money on never happening together "self-administered hydrofluoric acid enema" would be really high on the list.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

tater_salad posted:

If there were words that I would put money on never happening together "self-administered hydrofluoric acid enema" would be really high on the list.

Don't do cocaine kids.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ExplodingSims posted:

Don't do cocaine kids.

Clearly nobody should listen to this guy

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/-sticky-roll-deluxe-hardware-kit/0000000001473?Ntt=Sticky%20Roll%20Deluxe

I liked this in our barn. It doesn't flop around in the wind so you're less likely to walk into it.

edit: I didn't have the deluxe kit, I had this guy

https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/sticky-roll-mini-kit/0000000001475?Ntt=sticky%20roll

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rime posted:

Oh man, I've gotta take that one over to drugs.txt.

Nitrile gloves are safe for use with it at 22mm, otherwise I would be dead. My job since June has been scrubbing windows with the stuff to remove concrete deposit etchings, while suspended 400' in the air.

:stare:

No offense man, but I would rather make Whoppers at Burger King living close to or at the poverty level.

Cat Hatter posted:

And it is powered entirely from twigs that you find lying around instead of having to buy propane. There will be a time for cooking on the propane stove and that time is called winter.

Oh cool, I didn't even realize that, I thought it was one of the small canister propane type stoves. Sounds like it could definitely come in handy.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
The reasoning behind having any kind of wood-burning object inside a pop-up camper is highly suspect.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Fermented Tinal posted:

The reasoning behind having any kind of wood-burning object inside a pop-up camper is highly suspect.

The camper has a built-in propane stove.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 23, 2017

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Enourmo posted:

The camper has a built-propane stove.

Which I pointed out to leperflesh, before realizing that the biolite burned wood.

The suspect part isn't so much the open flame as it is any sparks or embers flying out of the stove when he puts more twigs in.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Well that's a fair concern, but unless we pony up for a propane tank Dave's options are:

1. Continue trying to survive on cold canned food
2. Just be careful

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I inventoried the returned box and gee look at that, only the Craftsman sockets are missing. Kind of doubting the "it broke open in transit" story now.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Enourmo posted:

Well that's a fair concern, but unless we pony up for a propane tank Dave's options are:

1. Continue trying to survive on cold canned food
2. Just be careful

3. Use the biolite stove outside as the biolite stove people intended (which I guess counts as being careful).

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Rhyno posted:

So I inventoried the returned box and gee look at that, only the Craftsman sockets are missing. Kind of doubting the "it broke open in transit" story now.

Were they at least relatively recent Craftsman sockets? If so, karma will visit itself upon the thief at a very inopportune time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fermented Tinal posted:

Were they at least relatively recent Craftsman sockets? If so, karma will visit itself upon the thief at a very inopportune time.

They were all at least 10 years old or more. I just grabbed spares and had put together an SAE set along with some super crappy chinesium wrenches. There's other stuff missing but the only sockets still in the box are Harbor Freight stuff.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

DICK DICER posted:

I have a confession I read the curry instructions sent to me and said man that sounds good but also like a lot of work so I've just been nibbling on the curry bullion blocks as a snack

It's really simple if you get right down to basics! Cut up some onions and meat and brown them in a pan, then add your carrots and potatoes with water to cover, than a few blocks of curry roux (3-4 should be enough for a one-person serving), and simmer/stir until it thickens up. If you're feeling lazy you can even just cut stuff up and simmer it all together, 30 or so minutes of bubbling and it all cooks through. The grocery store in Valentine should be willing to sell you a reasonably single-serving size piece of chicken or something if you're interested in that.

Or you can add a cube to something else you're cooking and it makes a nice flavoring sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have launched a care package via USPS flat rate, estimated arrival monday or tuesday. It contains pants.

I blatantly lied to an agency of the government of the united states of america by stating that the package contained no liquids. I hope that does not backfire.

• Locked thread