Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SgtSteel91 posted:

Can you get great badges from the training towers?

yeah, starting on the seventh stratum or so I think? The higher the stratum the higher the chance of getting great badges

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I've never seen it go past the second stratum, do I need to beat the first three at once to unlock more or do the story or something?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SgtSteel91 posted:

I've never seen it go past the second stratum, do I need to beat the first three at once to unlock more or do the story or something?

I think completing story maps gives you more strata? I actually completely forgot that you needed to unlock them

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

My Tempest Trial team.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Welp I 5 starred my 4 star BK instead of literally any other unit that would better be a 5 star

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
What are the chances that there's gonna be some sweet Halloween babes and dudes for summon? I'm saving my orbs to collect more hot babes/dudes even though I could desperately use like 3 Deathblows for my teams.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The Crusher posted:

What are the chances that there's gonna be some sweet Halloween babes and dudes for summon? I'm saving my orbs to collect more hot babes/dudes even though I could desperately use like 3 Deathblows for my teams.

100%

I think the smart money is on it being a Hoshido banner so we complete the trifecta of modern FE games

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It'll probably be the second October banner though since we know from a leak the next banner is FE4

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Oh cool, got my Elincia! -Atk/+Spd, so she can quad fools! Then immediately afterward I went and pulled my first Titania ( albeit 4*) +spd/-def from the trial banner!

I'm glad to finally be able to stockpile some orbs for once.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

yeah but I'm not sure it has triggered even once for anyone, it's extremely unlikely
120th orb or 120th set of 5 orbs?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
120th summon

Generalissimo
Jun 13, 2003

Stephen9001 posted:

That, and I used an android emulator, which would mean I wouldn't to be able to get my progress back anyway, and starting from scratch is highly unappealing.
I've never run the game in an emulator, is there a problem linking to the Nintendo account in them?

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I think completing story maps gives you more strata? I actually completely forgot that you needed to unlock them

Pretty sure this is the case, I was limited to 8th strata for like the longest time until I finished the ninth(?) chapter of the plot.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Oh hey I got a 5* Karel, so I can make Dark Olivia now, right?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

SgtSteel91 posted:

Oh hey I got a 5* Karel, so I can make Dark Olivia now, right?

yezz.

Great OP cheetah, there's enough detail to get a new player pointed in the right direction without belaboring any one thing.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

give wo dao to hana its great

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

THE loving MOON posted:

yezz.

Great OP cheetah, there's enough detail to get a new player pointed in the right direction without belaboring any one thing.

All I did was add a little bit of new stuff to the existing OP which was written by someone else

Credit goes to AGoat for the OP

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.
I want to go ahead and say that it is now official FE canon that Amelia is slightly stronger than even the Black Knight

I'm very proud of her

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I mean I think it's canon that the BK is just a fairly strong dude with some good gear

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

All I did was add a little bit of new stuff to the existing OP which was written by someone else

Credit goes to AGoat for the OP

I don't think I read it before, woops.

Amelia is totally the best tho

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Senerio posted:

My Tempest Trial team.

the most concerning part of this image is how many orbs you spent upgrading your barracks

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

the most concerning part of this image is how many orbs you spent upgrading your barracks

That's kinda making me want to expand my barracks some. That's 42 orbs, 10 pulls max. Considering how many 3* I've hucked in the trash because I've hit my limit It'd probably be more efficient in the long run.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Clawtopsy posted:

But the team name is dynamite!

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
I've been slowly expanding my barracks by spending the Saturday daily quest orb to open slots. I feel like I have a lot of good food units but not enough dudes worth eating them. Sitting on 6 Hinata and 6 Lon'qu takes up a lot of space.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Spectral Werewolf posted:

I've been slowly expanding my barracks by spending the Saturday daily quest orb to open slots. I feel like I have a lot of good food units but not enough dudes worth eating them. Sitting on 6 Hinata and 6 Lon'qu takes up a lot of space.

This is the problem I'm running into. I'm running out of truly trash characters and will soon have to start dipping into potentially useful skill inheritors if I send too many more home.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

golden bubble posted:

It's totally fine to know nothing about the Black Knight in Fire Emblem. But if you've never heard of any stories about a Black Knight, it sounds like you missed an entire genre of literature. You can't touch chivalric literature without stumbling over a Black Knight or two. Hell, even Monty Python has a Black Knight. It's like saying I don't know what a Gentleman Thief is.

?? who said they've never heard of a black knight?? But for serious I have never heard of a Gentleman Thief, unless you mean like V.Lustig or somesuch.

Actually for serious: Are people keeping two separate Blank Knights or smooshing them together?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Cobalt60 posted:

?? who said they've never heard of a black knight?? But for serious I have never heard of a Gentleman Thief, unless you mean like V.Lustig or somesuch.

play persona 5

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

SgtSteel91 posted:

Yes, they unlock by doing the main stages. The final few strata are unlocked by finishing chapter 9 of the story.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Cobalt60 posted:

Actually for serious: Are people keeping two separate Blank Knights or smooshing them together?

I was thinking something like Robin Hood?

Spectral Werewolf posted:

I've started doing this. I spend one Orb a week.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

play persona 5

They could play a good game instead

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Should've seen it coming.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Clawtopsy posted:

I drop my arena orbs into the barracks.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i like reading LPs of the fire emblem games but don't like playing them because i am bad at them and then i feel bad that everyone on my team is dead

feh lets me play easy mode fire emblem and nobody dies and all my units are best friends. it is a good game

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

maybe i am just super militant about telling heroes to gently caress off home for being dead to me

i have sent multiple 5* marths home

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

TheKingofSprings posted:

"persona 5 is bad" might be the worst hot take I've ever seen holy poo poo

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Is Alondite inheritable? There's no text saying otherwise, but there's usually some sort of big hubbub if something like that was true.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FartingBedpost posted:

Is Alondite inheritable? There's no text saying otherwise, but there's usually some sort of big hubbub if something like that was true.

Unique weapons are never inheritable and never have that text

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

All Tier 4 weapons with no "+" cannot be inherited

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

cheetah7071 posted:

"persona 5 is bad" might be the worst hot take I've ever seen holy poo poo

Self-hating is how you say you like it in these forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

Unique weapons are never inheritable and never have that text

blizzardvizard posted:

All Tier 4 weapons with no "+" cannot be inherited

Huh, never really noticed that that was an overarching rule; but I guess I've never come across a situation where I wanted to burn someone for a weapon before now.