Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Aphrodite posted:

If only they had 6 mutants who could enhance and supercharge other mutant's powers.
By performing this ritual, Wolverine would rise again as a Super Mutant God, and Laura would have to train with Whis to become a Super Mutant God Super Mutant, which will turn her hair blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Shake the statue vigorously so that Wolverine is liquefied and drips out of the statue and then boost his healing factor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's at least a few X-Men who could just turn the adamantium into like water. Wolverine would still be dead but at least he could get a proper burial to return from.

I know this is almost the "Why doesn't Superman help Batman?" logic but this is within the same property!

I assume they addressed why Kitty can't just reach in and pull him out, right? She's too prominent to just not mention it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aphrodite posted:

There's at least a few X-Men who could just turn the adamantium into like water. Wolverine would still be dead but at least he could get a proper burial to return from.

I know this is almost the "Why doesn't Superman help Batman?" logic but this is within the same property!

I assume they addressed why Kitty can't just reach in and pull him out, right? She's too prominent to just not mention it.

If it's fused to him, I don't think she could. She could do poo poo like phase someone out of their clothes, but she couldn't like reach into you and phase your liver then pull it out. Also she has issues phasing through dense metals. She's definitely phased Logan, including his adamantium skeleton, but that's just a thin coating, not a giant statue.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Also by now he is (theoretically) Really Dead, not just Almost Dead But Still Alive Enough For His Healing Factor To Fix It. Oxygen deprivation is one of the accepted ways of killing healing factor folks, and there ain't no air holes in that adamantium glob.

It's not entirely unreasonable to assume that, given the fact that Logan marched off to his death without telling anyone, the X-Men or whoever else didn't find said adamantium lump until long after Logan would have suffocated to death.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
He didn't even have his healing factor at the time either, right?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

BrianWilly posted:

He didn't even have his healing factor at the time either, right?

Correct.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If they want to, they can still pretty easily just handwave it away and say it started working again later. It might go against the rules of how it's supposed to work, but it wouldn't be any less plausible than any number of other character resurrections. Phoenix still seems like the most obvious get out of death card the X-Men line has with Jean's imminent return though. Whether it's in a few months or a couple years, obviously he isn't staying dead forever.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jean will just start going around resetting things to how she remembered them.

Cyclops and Wolverine back, Magneto telepathically turned into Hitler, Beast will look like a monkey or a cat again or whatever it was then. Thor's a guy again, Cap is white.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sinteres posted:

If they want to, they can still pretty easily just handwave it away and say it started working again later. It might go against the rules of how it's supposed to work, but it wouldn't be any less plausible than any number of other character resurrections. Phoenix still seems like the most obvious get out of death card the X-Men line has with Jean's imminent return though. Whether it's in a few months or a couple years, obviously he isn't staying dead forever.

Jean stayed dead for 13 years, so I doubt Logan/Wolverine is coming back anytime soon, especially since they have Laura, OML, and a personality swapped Sabertooth running around (is Sabretooth still around and remorseful?).

I will miss Jane Thor, but she came with an expiration date stamped on her from the beginning with the cancer thing, plus it'll be nice for Bill to have another human to talk to in Valhalla.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Valhalla is an otherworldly plane so in theory reality changes in 616 shouldn't affect it and it should be full of time orphaned Thors and stuff.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Aphrodite posted:

Valhalla is an otherworldly plane so in theory reality changes in 616 shouldn't affect it and it should be full of time orphaned Thors and stuff.

Must be one Hel of a drinking contest going on there.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Jean stayed dead for 13 years, so I doubt Logan/Wolverine is coming back anytime soon, especially since they have Laura, OML, and a personality swapped Sabertooth running around (is Sabretooth still around and remorseful?).

I will miss Jane Thor, but she came with an expiration date stamped on her from the beginning with the cancer thing, plus it'll be nice for Bill to have another human to talk to in Valhalla.

Wolverine's way more popular than Jean ever was (see the solo movies), but yeah they obviously did do a lot to fill the gap for now, and I guess Marvel doesn't have any particular need to match up with movie continuity since they don't own the X-Men movies. That said, bringing OML into mainstream continuity did seem to coincide with Logan, so they might still want to bring "real" Wolverine back whenever they recast that part in the movies, as long as they're not doing the spiteful thing like they are with Fantastic Four.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
IMO the easiest thing to do is just de-age OML

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
The easiest thing to do is tell a story where somebody ends up on the Battleworld from Secret Wars/Contest of Champions, where they discover that the Maestro teleported Logan out of the Adamantium body stocking seconds after it happened, in order to have Logan fight in his weird little gladiatorial contests. Those wrapped up at the same time Al Ewing's Contest of Champions did, and since then, Logan's been living in a cabin somewhere in the wilderness of Battleworld with no way home.

It's exactly how Ewing brought back both Ares and Night Thrasher. You could theoretically do the same thing with anyone who's died.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

pubic works project posted:

IMO the easiest thing to do is just de-age OML

This reminds me that i'm hoping Return of Jean Grey is young Jean gaining the memories and power of old Jean.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Aftert this week's Jean Gray, I'm more thinking it's old jeans spirit possessing Emma

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Soonmot posted:

Aftert this week's Jean Gray, I'm more thinking it's old jeans spirit possessing Emma

If that happens, we definitely need her to bring back Scott so he can interact with that mess.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Been out of comics for awhile. Out of the stuff in the OP, what's good and what should I avoid?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TenCentFang posted:

Been out of comics for awhile. Out of the stuff in the OP, what's good and what should I avoid?

Everything is terrible

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Everything is terrible

That's the Rhyno salesmanship, huh.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

TenCentFang posted:

All-New Wolverine has been good since its beginning. Weapon X is decent, but has spent a lot of its issues so far on a lengthy crossover with The Totally Awesome Hulk.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Astonishing X-Men is pretty awesome. I've been out of the X game for a while, but that book is easy to just jump into, and the art is a revolving door of joy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TenCentFang posted:

That's the Rhyno salesmanship, huh.

I'm sorry, i thought we were talking about the world in general.

Astonishing is great, Cable is fun, All New Wolverine is great.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thanks, gang. :)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I like everything in the OP except Generation X which I have not read. Weapon X I jumped on during the crossover with Hulk.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I dropped Generation X because I don't like Quentin Quire.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

I dropped Generation X because I don't like Quentin Quire.

I feel like this is a probation worthy offense.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That's actually a great take.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I feel like this is a probation worthy offense.

I don't really have any opinion of Quire either way so no.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Quentin Quire did nothing wrong.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's such a smug prick it's hard to remember he's supposed to have had character development since Morrison. In fact, Here Comes Tomorrow(god I loving love that title) even had a cameo by someone heavily implied to be future Phoenix QQ and he was a pretty calm reasonable guy.

That said, even though Battle of the Atom was loving terrible, I really liked this moment even though it's the exact opposite of what I just said:

TenCentFang fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Sep 24, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TenCentFang posted:

He's such a smug prick it's hard to remember he's supposed to have had character development since Morrison. In fact, Here Comes Tomorrow(god I loving love that title) even had a cameo by someone heavily implied to be future Phoenix QQ and he was a pretty calm reasonable guy.

That said, even though Battle of the Atom was loving terrible, I really liked this moment even though it's the exact opposite of what I just said:

If Battle of the Atom was 6-8 issues it'd probably be more fondly remembered. There's nothing too bad about it, but it doesn't have enough story for its length.

I also really liked most of the future X-Men.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
I started with X-Men Gold. I'm a bit annoyed by everything having to do with the Inhumans but on the whole it's not bad. I will never, ever buy into tough grizzled Kitty Pryde even though she's been that way for most of my life by now, and Prestige is the worst code name ever. Other than that, no complaints.

Skwirl posted:

It's cool they gave Jubilee's adopted baby Iron Man armor, as if people will remember he exists in the future instead of as a footnote weird ancient plot point.

Is she still a vampire, anyway?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skwirl posted:

If Battle of the Atom was 6-8 issues it'd probably be more fondly remembered. There's nothing too bad about it, but it doesn't have enough story for its length.

Battle of the Atom is really just 2 issues each of 4 X-Men books, and then 2 standalone openings and closings. Considering that's all different authors it shouldn't have had issues with its length.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I like Generation X but it suffers from probably the worst art of the X-line right now, which is saying a loving lot.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

rantmo posted:

I like Generation X but it suffers from probably the worst art of the X-line right now, which is saying a loving lot.

My opinion of the art on Gen X changes on almost a page to page basis. The artist is very inconsistent, I feel.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

X-Men Gold's serial killer brutally executing a bunch of teenage students in the X-Mansion really soured me on the book. For all the talk of getting back to the highs of Claremont's run on Uncanny, that's not something those stories would have done so perfunctorily.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Also Old Man Logan feels absolutely just like, "it's Wolverine with a hair colour change," in Gold. On the bright side, Astonishing is interesting and gorgeous and has a much better take on that character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Android Blues posted:

X-Men Gold's serial killer brutally executing a bunch of teenage students in the X-Mansion really soured me on the book. For all the talk of getting back to the highs of Claremont's run on Uncanny, that's not something those stories would have done so perfunctorily.

Haha, okay, jumping off this ship.

Android Blues posted:

Also Old Man Logan feels absolutely just like, "it's Wolverine with a hair colour change," in Gold. On the bright side, Astonishing is interesting and gorgeous and has a much better take on that character.

On the other hand this is why I wanted him to just be the new 616 version from now on[/spoiler[ and why I'm disappointed Marvel Legacy is making that definitely not the case. [spoiler]Unless the old-in-real-life-terms Logan is just popping back in to say he's proud of Laura and then die again while passing on his memories to OML or something.