Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mentat Radnor posted:

Being sticky, duh.

i can't believe we got our female mineta so soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

OnimaruXLR posted:

It's not exactly the same thing but seriously https://www.hidive.com/tv/action-heroine-cheer-fruits
This looks like exactly the kind of show someone talks about while trying to defend their collection of anime figurines that all just happen to allow you to look up their skirts.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
That Bakugo does ultimately agree to work with Deku despite how much it pains him is the first sign that things are starting to improve.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

This looks like exactly the kind of show someone talks about while trying to defend their collection of anime figurines that all just happen to allow you to look up their skirts.

well this is weirdly dismissive.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Except by my boy Kirishima who is just too good and pure.
kirishima would like shigaraki i swear

i really like that there's groups of friends naturally forming amongst the general good spirits of the class. like kirishima, sero and kaminari and recutantly bakugo formed a group of pals parallel to deku, ochako, iida and now todoroki. super similar to my small highschool where there were "cliques", anyone would get alone and joke well with anyone else

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Moltrey posted:

kirishima would like shigaraki i swear

i really like that there's groups of friends naturally forming amongst the general good spirits of the class. like kirishima, sero and kaminari and recutantly bakugo formed a group of pals parallel to deku, ochako, iida and now todoroki. super similar to my small highschool where there were "cliques", anyone would get alone and joke well with anyone else

I think actual murderer and villain might be too far for even my good friend Kirishima. I don't even think other murderers and villains could like Shigaraki because he is terrible. Except me, I like Shigaraki.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think actual murderer and villain might be too far for even my good friend Kirishima. I don't even think other murderers and villains could like Shigaraki because he is terrible. Except me, I like Shigaraki.
oh no same, i love shigaraki, so much so i think his neck scratching tick is cool

also im preeetty sure shigaraki's kill count is still 0, don't disparage my boy

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am saying Shigaraki's kill count is higher than it is because I bet he wishes he had killed more and I don't want to remind him that it's still at 0.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

I'd like to say that saying Bakugo wins character polls because of fujoshis is a lovely thing to say but all my friends love Bakugo and Todoroki a lot and they're all adult women so oops

Bakugo did kadebon Deku in today's episode, so I think it's a little bit intentional.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
If Bakugou does a kabedon is it a Katsudon?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

what

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

LostRook posted:

Bakugo did kadebon Deku in today's episode, so I think it's a little bit intentional.

He also grabbed him by the collar and pulled him in close :swoon: (and told him to die :syoon:)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

dogsicle posted:

well this is weirdly dismissive.
Please give me one good reason to not just dismiss this as another moe anime with a paper thin gimmick.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

have you tried not being a dick OP

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Aurora posted:

have you tried not being a dick OP
I'm not even the OP here. The discussion of this anime has leaked into another thread with no more assurance than "no really this one is different" with no concrete reasons why.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

See, because his name is Katsuki, and katsudon is a kind of dish,

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm not even the OP here. The discussion of this anime has leaked into another thread with no more assurance than "no really this one is different" with no concrete reasons why.
im sorry we didn't quarantine the threads well enough to prevent leaks of someone linking an anime that had a similar premise to what someone else wanted to see without anyone getting infected with Throwing A Fit Diease

like it wasn't even directed at you, it's fine dude, you didn't like taking in this anime with a surface level glance, whatever move along my man

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Sep 24, 2017

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

PMush Perfect posted:

Just do me a favor and report it instead of whatever all this is

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Action Heroine Cheer Fruits is good and pure, much like Boku No My Hero Academia. Good anime are good.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Bakugou is a bad person and a good character and Deku should punch him about another million times.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Bakugou is a bigger rear end in a top hat than most villains we've encountered. He's such an unredeemable prick I don't see how he hasn't been kicked out of the school yet.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

i like all the whining about fujoshis considering how overtly sexualised the female characters are on this show (and the existence of mineta)

how DARE women sexualise men and an anime given even a subtle nod to the concept of it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Except by my boy Kirishima who is just too good and pure.

This is a really great friendship and I love how it's developing. Bakugo helping him study despite yelling loads is really telling. I don't think he'd have done that for a single other person who asked.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Nitrousoxide posted:

Bakugou is a bigger rear end in a top hat than most villains we've encountered. He's such an unredeemable prick I don't see how he hasn't been kicked out of the school yet.

It's a society that considers Endeavour the #2 hero in the world and Bakugo is basically Endeavour but 15, so it's really no surprise.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Nitrousoxide posted:

Because trying to temper his attitude is better than crushing the dreams of a human bomb threat and kicking him to the street. Bakugou is probably the person in the most need of UA's training and supervision.

They could certainly do more to show this but aside from his horrible relationship with Deku he seems to just be a foulmouthed but excellent student.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Nitrousoxide posted:

Well he hasn't really.....done anything TO get kicked out. Any time he's acted out has been in approved combat scenarios, one of which against All Might himself who DID punch him so hard he threw up, and if you can't act like a dick then, when can you? Mentally he loving hates Best Jeanist too but still never acts on it cause he know he can't try that poo poo in the real world. They have nothing to expel him for and even if they did, would be the worst possible thing they could do. Aizawa even realizes Bakugo is getting worse and knows the faculty needs to get the hell on this

AfricanBootyShine posted:

i like all the whining about fujoshis considering how overtly sexualised the female characters are on this show (and the existence of mineta)

how DARE women sexualise men and an anime given even a subtle nod to the concept of it
literally no one was doing this, fujoshis are very powerful

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Sep 24, 2017

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Please give me one good reason to not just dismiss this as another moe anime with a paper thin gimmick.

i mean it's just weird to me that you would see that page and immediately jump to implying it's for perverts based on a group of fully clothed and non-sexualized girls (mha meanwhile...). Cheer Fruits is an earnest show about girls who like tokusatsu stage shows and start producing amateur ones to revitalize their town. town revitalization premises​ have been done, but the depiction of tokusatsu from a practical angle is unique in anime.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
lmao at this episode trying to pretend that Deku is a half of the problem, instead of it being 100% Bakugo being a poo poo.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
I thought it was weird Izuku was surprised by how painful it was to use Bakugou's arm cannons. This is a dude who used to have to break his bones just to use his powers.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Attestant posted:

lmao at this episode trying to pretend that Deku is a half of the problem, instead of it being 100% Bakugo being a poo poo.

i mean the reason deku got paired to fight all might (aside from it being cool) is because he has a godly fear of all might. that was like the whole point of his training with gran torino.

that said he was only like 10% of the problem there

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Hommando posted:

I thought it was weird Izuku was surprised by how painful it was to use Bakugou's arm cannons. This is a dude who used to have to break his bones just to use his powers.

I don't think the point was that it hurt relative to liquifying your limbs, but more like "Bakugou makes this look easy".

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Attestant posted:

It's less treating Deku as part of the problem with the RELATIONSHIP so much as it is showing Deku that Bakugou's skill and pride are part of the whole hero dichotomy and have positive elements he can take.

They're both half an All Might. All Might's whole deal is showing up super confident, screaming "I AM HERE!", and unerringly saving everyone and utterly pummeling the badguys. Midoriya has the empathy, caring, and slight psychosis that makes him act without hesitation when things are REALLY bad but he doesn't have the bearing of confidence/POWER that Bakugou has. Midoriya has demonstrated that he can level buildings with his punches but Bakugou often leaves a bigger impression because of his attitude.

Midoriya isn't exactly intimidating. Bakugou is.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

i mean the reason deku got paired to fight all might (aside from it being cool) is because he has a godly fear of all might. that was like the whole point of his training with gran torino.

that said he was only like 10% of the problem there
Yeah. Bakugo's a poo poo, but Deku's still terrified of leaving All Might's shadow.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku.......is a scrub.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is Bakugo voiced by the same guy as Ichigo Kurosaki?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
where is the good fujoshi at, I looked this poo poo up and it's all Class A But They're Wolves Or Something

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

hiddenriverninja posted:

Is Bakugo voiced by the same guy as Ichigo Kurosaki?

Nope, Bakugo is voiced by Nobuhiko Okamoto who also does the voices of Mikoshiba from Nozaki-kun, Nikaidou from March Comes In like a Lion, the Blue Dragon dude from Yona of the Dawn, Hyoudou from the currently airing Welcome to the Ballroom, and a bunch more. Super talented guy, what a huge range!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Oh drat, lmao that he voices Mikoshiba and Nikaidou, two very energetic, positive and goofy dudes, very different from Bakugo but about as loud

that dude's very good, cannot reccomend both series enough if you want to hear bakugo yell about anime dating sims, cats and shogi

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Attestant posted:

not that you're necessarily wrong but it was p. lol in the beginning where deku is trying to explain poo poo to bakugou that he already knows and trying to formulate a plan with a guy who's just quietly walking without talking back

like poo poo deku, learn to take a hint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

not that you're necessarily wrong but it was p. lol in the beginning where deku is trying to explain poo poo to bakugou that he already knows and trying to formulate a plan with a guy who's just quietly walking without talking back

like poo poo deku, learn to take a hint

What was he supposed to do? He needs to work together with him regardless of the guys lovely attitude so he needs to at least try to instigate some teamwork.

I mean, it's a hell of a lot better than Bakugou's "I'm gonna solo the strongest hero at age 15" plan.

• Locked thread