Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

VulgarandStupid posted:

Why is there a report button for people you kill?

Probably in case they're hacking or named something like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

or because they just have 1 end game screen

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

gay

Bobbin Threadbear fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 16, 2017

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

VulgarandStupid posted:

Why is there a report button for people you kill?

that screenshot is a perfect example

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

nerve posted:

that screenshot is a perfect example

Who does it report though?

I was playing squads earlier today and I died, but my teammates still won. At the end screen, I hit the report button, and it was a report for my teammate. I reported him for inappropriate nickname, regardless.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I haven't done a side by side test yet, but I'm not noticing a big difference. And that's after having set my card to max performance power options in the Nvidia control panel.

Post your specs if it worked for you, I would guess it depends on your bottleneck.

i3-4130
GTX970 OC
8GB DDR3.

i7-4790K @4.4
2x GTX970 SSC+
32GB DDR3

I definitely don't have any bottlenecks you don't, unless you have your game on SSD. Mine's on a HD, but it is one dedicated to games and not shared with downloads or the system (which is on a SSD that's too small and I need to upgrade).

My Windows DPI scaling setting is at 100% across all three monitors and I'm running the game in windowed fullscreen.

I suspect that last part is important if the DPI setting actually does have an impact, I'd bet it doesn't apply to exclusive fullscreen. If I get bored enough tonight I'll properly test it.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Please do. All these settings changes are being weird for me. I changed my Nvidia power options to maximum performance and got worse FPS. Not sure why. I would think temperature throttling, but it never got above 70 according to RivaTuner / Afterburner. CPU never got over 60. I think I need to make changes one at a time so I'm not hunting down which out of four changes caused a problem.

It would always get better after about halfway through the game too.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Do The Evolution posted:

I've reached the pinnacle of my solo gameplay style. The only items I had were a SCAR, 60 rounds for it, and a 1911.

I also feel like I have hit my stride

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

This helped my frame rate a lot on a GTX 980 Ti.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I tried it and feel it upped it 10 to 20 fps, and more importantly made it less prone to fluctuations.

LE
Oct 19, 2002

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

This is the kind of premium chat you can expeect in our #mlg420noscopewambocombo discord

The cleft balls look a bit razor burned.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I keep deciding not to save any gifs or screenshots of my games where I really should, but I got my first two chicken dinners tonight, not including ones I got carried to. Two in a row playing duos with my little brother. Not super exciting games, both of them we spent a lot of time looting at the start. But by the end of both we each had 3-4 kills, which is good enough for me.

Mini-14 is good enough to make me not seem bad, Tommy Gun is probably suboptimal but I don't care because I get to hose someone down from 5 feet away with a gangster-style Thompson.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

0-kill wins are the silliest thing, but I'm glad for a win in any case.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
whoever described North American PUBG lobbies as '30 second clan rallies' could not have been more accurate

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I was doing so abnormally well in solos I just had a minor brain malfunction and decided to just drive around in a UAV honking the horn until I got shot, despite just winning 2 crate fights and rolling with a m249 and level 3 armor. Came like 7th.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Herstory Begins Now posted:

whoever described North American PUBG lobbies as '30 second clan rallies' could not have been more accurate

make the vertical stabilizer on the plane great again

EDIT: so glad they either changed the tommy gun's rarity or i'm just getting lucky...that thing is just so fun

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
Whoever said "don't play solo if you're just starting" is wrong and feel free to ignore them. By all means, play solo. Be like me and win your first match ever, and suck forever after.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

rumble in the bunghole posted:

I was doing so abnormally well in solos I just had a minor brain malfunction and decided to just drive around in a UAV honking the horn until I got shot, despite just winning 2 crate fights and rolling with a m249 and level 3 armor. Came like 7th.

why would a uav be able to honk anyway

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I'm streaming some solo FPP games here, come watch.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Why not

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
The only thing that helped my performance was after I ran http://www.userbenchmark.com which identified my ram was running like poo poo.

Apparently my motherboard BIOS doesn't default to the higher ram speed so it was running at like 1/2 speed. I had no idea that was a setting that needed to be fiddled with, and this is the second pc I've built. If you have a home built pc i deffo recommend running user benchmark to see how your individual components are performing compared to the database average.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Cindy Shitbird posted:

make the vertical stabilizer on the plane great again

EDIT: so glad they either changed the tommy gun's rarity or i'm just getting lucky...that thing is just so fun

I think it might be a rarity change. I dropped at farm yesterday and found something like three of them within five minutes.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

UAVs would be too OP imo

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

PantsOptional posted:

I think it might be a rarity change. I dropped at farm yesterday and found something like three of them within five minutes.

PantsOptional posted:

Yeah, the Thompson and Vector seem to be showing up more often. I'm fine with that.

I like how the extended quick draw mag is just a drum with a loop of string hanging off it.

eppu
Apr 15, 2005

Captain Beans posted:

The only thing that helped my performance was after I ran http://www.userbenchmark.com which identified my ram was running like poo poo.

Apparently my motherboard BIOS doesn't default to the higher ram speed so it was running at like 1/2 speed. I had no idea that was a setting that needed to be fiddled with, and this is the second pc I've built. If you have a home built pc i deffo recommend running user benchmark to see how your individual components are performing compared to the database average.

That bechmark is probably wrong, guessing your memory is dual channel so it's running as it should be, no need to fiddle with it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

eppu posted:

That bechmark is probably wrong, guessing your memory is dual channel so it's running as it should be, no need to fiddle with it.

What makes you say this? Is this a known bug with that benchmarking software?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Sometimes you just need to kill 10 out of the last 12 guys:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6KBQHuxF9g&t=250s

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Athanatos posted:

:chanpop: holy poo poo!

eppu
Apr 15, 2005

Rex-Goliath posted:

What makes you say this? Is this a known bug with that benchmarking software?

I guess all softwares show it wrong.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1346124/cpu-z-shows-ram-at-half-speed

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Athanatos posted:

Hi, I would like to like and subscribe. AthanatWOWZA AthanatRIP

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

I'm using dual sticks and just ran it and it reported as everything being fine.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Athanatos posted:

Solid play. The last two fights were intense.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Athanatos posted:

That was pretty great.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

eppu posted:

In the BIOS it was actually defaulted to like 599hz instead of another option for 1199hz, I did have to change it to the XMP profile. I also saw immediate improvements in everything outside of PUBG.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 24, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Captain Beans posted:

In the BIOS it was actually defaulted to like 599hz instead of another option for 1299hz, I did have to change it to the XMP profile. I also saw immediate improvements in everything outside of PUBG also.

To be clear, motherboards won't overclock the RAM (or anything) by default, so you really shouldn't be surprised.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

This is the kind of premium chat you can expeect in our #mlg420noscopewambocombo discord

Here you go posting some of the rare high-brow discussion from the goon discord

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I have never sucked at anything as badly as I suck at PUBG. 11 games since I last got a kill :negative:

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Walton Simons posted:

I have never sucked at anything as badly as I suck at PUBG. 11 games since I last got a kill :negative:

Is your computer really bad?
Also, the longer you hide, the better the first person you run into is going to be.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Walton Simons posted:

Go drop in some medium zones like pochinki, gatka, shooting range, stabler, prison to get into some early combat to get out of your funk.
Also, stop looting after you get some basic gear and just go hunting fools. If you're on the offensive you can surprise quite a lot of players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Samopsa posted:

Go drop in some medium zones like pochinki, gatka, shooting range, stabler, prison to get into some early combat to get out of your funk.
Also, stop looting after you get some basic gear and just go hunting fools. If you're on the offensive you can surprise quite a lot of players.

If you're in a populated area and want to kill, stop looting after you find a shotgun or an SMG + if possible some armour. Shotguns and SMGs are great for rushing while people are still mostly looking out for loot.

• Locked thread