Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Milo and POTUS posted:

Tens of millions of voters looked at this guy and set yup, that's leadership material.

I mean, are we like 100% super sure on that tens of millions of voters thing?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/09/23/politics/james-clapper-cnntv/index.html

quote:

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said Friday night that the intelligence community's assessment of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential race "cast doubt" on the legitimacy of President Donald Trump's victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I hope a bunch of dudes all sit during the games today, I think the offensive line for the raiders are planning to all kneel

Dude at this rate they'll just stop playing the anthem and no one will notice.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Flikken posted:

Uhhh, Ohio has beaches.

Yeah, but you wouldn't want to buy any of them. :smug:

I forgot the line was "Beachfront property in Arizona."

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Why are Alex Jones and the like not screaming about Donald Trump trying to infringe on the First Amendment?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

BigDave posted:

...why? That's like buying beachfront property in Ohio.

If I had to guess, I would think that it's any/all of the following:

1) NFL team ownership doesn't change hands very often
2) The Bills were cheap enough, as Trump is likely only worth 2-3bn in real money not "my brand!!!!" money
3) The Bills are a NY team

Probably some other poo poo. But going by my exceptionally limited understanding of NFL team ownership, the other owners went 'lmao no' and shut him out of the deal. It's not just about money, it's about having to deal with him regularly enough.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/911948316350537728

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

GoGoGadget posted:

Why are Alex Jones and the like not screaming about Donald Trump trying to infringe on the First Amendment?

The people being infringed upon right now aren't the correct kind of people

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

GoGoGadget posted:

The same reason the NRA isn't making noise about Philando Castille and infringement on the 2nd.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Remember the last time Donnie was involved in football and the great results he achieved?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

BigDave posted:

Because even the least valued NFL team is still a big pot of money.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

maffew buildings posted:

Remember the last time Donnie was involved in football and the great results he achieved?

Except USFL

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 24, 2017

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Because even the least valued NFL team is still a big pot of money.

Giving Donnie way too much credit.

Owning a team is what rich winners do. Donnie wanted to be known as a rich winner, therefore buy team.

That's it... that's the beginning, middle and end of the "thought" process in its entirety.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vasudus posted:

Probably some other poo poo. But going by my exceptionally limited understanding of NFL team ownership, the other owners went 'lmao no' and shut him out of the deal. It's not just about money, it's about having to deal with him regularly enough.

c.f. Rush Limbaugh being shut out of buying the Rams.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Steelers aren't coming on field for national anthem

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Rather than do a megaupdate, recap of what I've seen so far:

- Mass protest in London, even the Jaguars owner (a pakistani-american) hit the field and locked arms with his team, as a ton of players kneed.

- Aaron Rodgers posted an Instagram picture of him and some players kneeling. Tom Brady responded with a muscle flex emoji.

- Rex Ryan pulled a I SUPPORTED TRUMP AND TRUMP IS FULL OF poo poo routine on ESPN.

Healthcare update: Ted Cruz just said that Graham-Cassidy doesn't have his vote yet and probably doesn't have Mike Lee's vote either. Collins saying she can't see a way she'd vote for it. Bill could barely pass, bill could lose by like 10 votes at this point.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I think it's hosed up that the one thing Trump's presidency has accomplished in 8 months is more civic involvement among the general populace and a renewed push amongst civil rights groups against the resurgence of fascism

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Pesticide20 posted:

I think it's hosed up that the one thing Trump's presidency has accomplished in 8 months is more civic involvement among the general populace and a renewed push amongst civil rights groups against the resurgence of fascism

That's actually cool + good

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
What if he's playing 10th dimensional chess and offering himself as a hateful figure the country can unite against?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Deathy McDeath posted:

Now let's see if they actually vote next time.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Deathy McDeath posted:

Right, but it's hosed up that you can attribute it, at least in part, to Trump

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Well he also accomplished rewarding the skull loving of the constitution with Gorsuch. Something the country will suffer from for like thirty or more years.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Now let's see if they actually vote next time.

watch the democrats do the same poo poo they did in 2016 and loose.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

FrozenVent posted:

What if he's playing 10th dimensional chess and offering himself as a hateful figure the country can unite against?

A lot of people, maybe correctly, have noted that all this poo poo may help Trump's whole distract/divide thing and it will likely poll around 50/50.

What I didn't know is that civil rights-era protests at the time only had like 30-40% support at best, with people saying counter sit-ins and the March on Washington would actually hurt integration efforts.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh, I'm not saying I don't think Merkel will win, I'm just hoping Germany tells Nazis to gently caress off loud enough, and doesn't experience the same right-wing surge we're seeing everywhere else.

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/911952672097435648

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Now let's see if they actually vote in a distributed manner so that states flip because popular vote means nothing next time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

BigDave posted:

Because Trump's business acumen is questionable at best.

ElMaligno posted:

watch the democrats do the same poo poo they did in 2016 and loose.

:sigh:

Godholio fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Sep 24, 2017

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Godholio posted:

Because Trump's business acumen is questionable at best.

Sorry but my Facebook Trump posts report that Trump is a self made billionaire so I'm going to have to disagree here.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

lightpole posted:

Sorry but my Facebook Trump posts report that Trump is a self made billionaire so I'm going to have to disagree here.

I once read someone say Trump is a self-made millionaire and all it took was his dad's billions.

I am a petty and mean individual so I wish that would spread until he hears it on CNN or something.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Hot Karl Marx posted:

mm good, glad I have to fly into pittsburgh for work tomorrow after that. racist loving yinzer pieces of poo poo are going to be FROTHING

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

mm good, glad I have to fly into pittsburgh for work tomorrow after that. racist loving yinzer pieces of poo poo are going to be FROTHING

Use this as ammunition: BUT TERRY BRADSHAW SAID

https://twitter.com/TomNamako/status/911986407471763456

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

*record scratches, sandwich with french fries on it falls out of mouth*

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Election results are in, and - as expected - it seems we didn't quite poo poo the bed.

Though, there's definitely fecal matter on the linen.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Looks like Alternative für Deutschland is finally getting a seat at the Bundestag. :(

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41376577

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/leonardkl/status/911994412124770304
You just have to keep slamming your dick in that drawer or it won't fall off!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Though, there's definitely fecal matter on the linen.

I mean, it is Germany we're talking about here.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Office Pig posted:

I think that's what the wutang was getting at with that skit

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Office Pig posted:

I'm now imagining McConnell throwing his hands up and screaming "OBAMAAAAAAA" at the ceiling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHbYOwkJPpA&t=72s

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Trump and your crazy uncle mad that athletes are disrespecting the flag? Hmm ok

"The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free."

No more tacky pre game salute are troops displays.

"The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free."

Take off your hurrr MURICAN flag bandana and silkies- it's disrespectful (and played out)

"The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever."

You're fuckin out, Budweiser

"No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart."

Sorry sports team, you don't get to support are troops with your uniforms either

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The black man did this to us. Yes, the black man, this is all his fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Casimir Radon posted:

The black man did this to us. Yes, the black man, this is all his fault.

Stop reading tomorrow's Fox headlines, plz thx.

• Locked thread