Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Endzone purty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

89 posted:

Endzone purty.

This was pretty much the view I had the last time I got to see an Eagles home game, which was vs the Panthers in preseason about 4-5 years ago. I've only been to three NFL stadiums (Eagles, Pats, Bills) so it's not a huge sample size, and obviously I'm biased as an Eagles fan but I liked LFF the best. It's relatively modern and there aren't, afaict, any really bad views. The Ralph has atmosphere but its old as balls and the place looks like a scene out of Mad Max after the game. Foxboro's lower bowl is populated by people who get nervous if you talk at a normal level and the upper level is only a few feet from space. Only the 200-level seating is tolerable, and that means you're sitting in the corners unless you have a fuckton of money because the rest of it is club seats.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
I went to LFF for a Houston @ Temple game. It's a decent stadium.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My $180 seats at Arrowhead last weekend (first game) were super solid.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Cash Monet posted:

Carson Wentz looks like a flashier Joe Flacco. In a good way.

Seems about right.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

Seems about right.

But Joe Flaco is elite?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

axeil posted:

But Joe Flaco is elite?

Just got benched in favor of Ryan Mallett lol

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Watching the game at a bar in Philly. Chris Christie's appearance on the screen is greeted with loud BOOOOOOS

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
NFCE games never disappoint

:getin:

Elliot is going to be drowning in pussy tonight

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

If the Giants land a top 10 pick they have to take a QB right?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eli was fantastic today but sure I guess

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/nickpiccone/status/912052184707207171

shyduck fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 24, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Only when the giants are 0-9 will I rest easy knowing their season is over.

Never trust Eli Manning.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
BIRDS, BITCH.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

a new study bible! posted:

Just got benched in favor of Ryan Mallett lol

that's one way to look at it, I guess

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Cash Monet posted:

If the Giants land a top 10 pick they have to take a QB right?

O line. You can't have a rookie QB with Flowers on his blindside.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/jaythetallkid/status/912058020686942210

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Chichevache posted:

O line. You can't have a rookie QB with Flowers on his blindside.

May depend on where they end up. They need to find their next QB. Could try and get Oline talent in FA market or in rounds 2-3. They did nothing to address the oline in the first 3 rounds of this year's draft, and there's more than just the first round to look for good Oline talent.

They also need to get Eli Manning's contract off the books, though. He has a ridiculous cap hit in '18 and '19

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

No idea what the Giants were doing on the last drive. Or why they called any other plays then vertical shots downfield.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

No idea what the Giants were doing on the last drive. Or why they called any other plays then vertical shots downfield.

yes hello this is ben mcadoo

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

This one is better:

https://twitter.com/TitanicTD/status/912056406907478017

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
When the Giants put Beckham out to return the (presumably short) field goal attempt, I got that familiar "The Giants and the Eagles have been hosts to a Caligulan miasma of shitfuckery" lump in my throat, which turned out to be a stunningly accurate read of the situation, just not in the way I'd expected.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The pocket was collapsing fast

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

euphronius posted:

The pocket was collapsing fast

yeah the giants had a great plan to neutralize our pass rush. did we even sack eli all game?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

axeil posted:

yeah the giants had a great plan to neutralize our pass rush. did we even sack eli all game?

No but a clutch holding call in the 4th and the giants playbook was limited all game . Especially seen on their last drive when Eli was checking down early

It helped out dbs since they would have been even more roasted if Eli had more time

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

euphronius posted:

No but a clutch holding call in the 4th and the giants playbook was limited all game . Especially seen on their last drive when Eli was checking down early

It helped out dbs since they would have been even more roasted if Eli had more time

i honestly wonder how much a factor the weather was. 91 degrees at kickoff is gotta be some of the hottest temps a modern game has ever been played in since all the areas that get really hot are in domes.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

axeil posted:

i honestly wonder how much a factor the weather was. 91 degrees at kickoff is gotta be some of the hottest temps a modern game has ever been played in since all the areas that get really hot are in domes.

None of the Florida teams play in domes, and neither did San Diego

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

axeil posted:

Eh, it was hot, but it wasn't that hot:

https://www.pro-football-reference....rder_by=pass_td

Philly beating the poo poo out of Dallas in 109-degree (fuckin hell) heat thanks to the wonders of pickle juice will, long after the rest of my mind has rotted away to dementia, remain a wonderful memory

Toaster Beef fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 25, 2017

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Toaster Beef posted:

Eh, it was hot, but it wasn't that hot:

https://www.pro-football-reference....rder_by=pass_td

Philly beating the poo poo out of Dallas in 109-degree (fuckin hell) heat thanks to the wonders of pickle juice will, long after the rest of my mind has rotted away to dementia, remain a wonderful memory

109 :stare:

This was the warmest game played in the Northeast since 2008 when there were 2 games in week 2 with temperatures of 90 (NO@WAS, NE@NYJ).

The last game above 91 in the Northeast was 2005 when Dallas came to Washington in Week 2 (HOU@PIT and CAR@NE were both 90). Other than that I can't find any other games above 90 in the Northeast in pro-football-refrence's database.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It hurt our d-line big time when Fletcher Cox got taken out of the game.

Then, Hicks being out made it way worse. Then, McCleod missing the game to start with just essentially meant we were out there with 3/4th of the d-line, Malcolm Jenkins, and backups for the most part.

Still did a great job with what we had.

Just think of this defense with Darby & Jones out there....possibly later this year :allears:

Also, Kendricks, gently caress yeah.

Also, resign Jernigan.

89 fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Sep 25, 2017

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

axeil posted:

109 :stare:

This was the warmest game played in the Northeast since 2008 when there were 2 games in week 2 with temperatures of 90 (NO@WAS, NE@NYJ).

The last game above 91 in the Northeast was 2005 when Dallas came to Washington in Week 2 (HOU@PIT and CAR@NE were both 90). Other than that I can't find any other games above 90 in the Northeast in pro-football-refrence's database.

If we cut it down to the northeast, yeah, I have to imagine there haven't been many instances where a game was played in hotter weather. Especially since the humidity was in the 50-60% range most of the game, IIRC.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Toaster Beef posted:

If we cut it down to the northeast, yeah, I have to imagine there haven't been many instances where a game was played in hotter weather. Especially since the humidity was in the 50-60% range most of the game, IIRC.

Yeah looking at that list pretty much all the games that are 90+ are in Arizona, Florida and Texas which makes sense.

KC had 2 or 3 which surprised me.

edit: Darren Sproles dead :rip:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/912138029850071040

axeil fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Sep 25, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Eagles/status/912072373393862657

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

thanks for posting this :3:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Folks the Redskins made the Raiders look like a bunch of scrubs and kept them to no yard how did this happen?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

LethalGeek posted:

Folks the Redskins made the Raiders look like a bunch of scrubs and kept them to no yard how did this happen?

The NFC East is the best division in football.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Speaking of Embiid:

https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/912136470303055872

I think that's Covington on the left and that's Simmons and Luwawu-Cabarrot, so, 6'9", 6'10" and 6'5". Wtf is he like 7'4" now?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LethalGeek posted:

I have no loving idea. I assume a human sacrifice was involved.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Funny enough, 538's ELO system had this pegged as a toss-up.

ELO rankings are still surprisingly good even if they don't make perfect sense for typical American team sports.

I'm a bit biased because Ultimate Frisbee uses ELO for their actual official sanctioned rankings. Or at least they did on the college circuit when I played 10 years ago.

Holy poo poo it's been 10 years I'm old :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The defense has looked better this season, even if it did not show up statistically the first two games--they just seemed faster, stronger and more aggressive. Against the Eagles they missed Wentz by a hair, time after time. Against the Raiders the pressure got there, Breeland and Norman are playing lights out and Zach Brown is a tackling machine.

The air attack can't depend on a 5'7" mighty mite, a 33 year old tight end and a wide receiver afflicted at random, but tonight it was glorious.

• Locked thread