Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

axeil posted:

Funny enough, 538's ELO system had this pegged as a toss-up.

ELO rankings are still surprisingly good even if they don't make perfect sense for typical American team sports.

I'm a bit biased because Ultimate Frisbee uses ELO for their actual official sanctioned rankings. Or at least they did on the college circuit when I played 10 years ago.

Holy poo poo it's been 10 years I'm old :smith:

Now I want to play Fantasy Ultimate Frisbee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
O'Dell Beckham everyone

quote:

"I was in the end zone, I'm a dog so I acted like a dog," he said. "I don't know if the rule book said you can't hike your leg. I was trying to find the imaginary ghost I peed on and I couldn't find it. I don't make the calls. I just play football.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

O'Dell Beckham everyone

He's a goddamn treasure.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

CyberPingu posted:

O'Dell Beckham everyone

It's like the entire Twin Peaks revival rolled into one celebration.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Now I want to play Fantasy Ultimate Frisbee.

That is actually a thing we would do on the sidelines when we were watching games during our byes. You'd draft a player and get 1 point for every point they scored or threw.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
After sleeping on it I am really excited still about last nights win. Especially the defense. They've been good all 3 games but last night was next level. Hope they can keep it up.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Now that Sproles is hurt like this I want the Eagles to win the superbowl all the more

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Diqnol posted:

Now that Sproles is hurt like this I want the Eagles to win the superbowl all the more

A broken arm and an ACL tear on the same play is awful. Do it for him Iggles.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Yeesh. I saw him holding his knee after the play and figured "welp, there goes his season," then saw him walking off and holding his wrist and figured, "okay, that's weird, but at least it's just his wrist." It's like years of being a runningback the size of a ninth grader caught up with him all at once.

(get well buddy)

(also gently caress's sakes, casually walking off the field with a broken arm and a torn ACL)

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Except for the giants this division is going to be a show by week 17 far as which team(s) will make play offs. Assuming the cowboys don't tank

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

NattyBo posted:

After sleeping on it I am really excited still about last nights win. Especially the defense. They've been good all 3 games but last night was next level. Hope they can keep it up.

I think it's interesting to see how the team does with a viable DC. Injuries have really plagued them over the last few years as well. Oakland, LA, and Philadelphia all have solid offenses so I don't think it's a fluke.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm so waiting to see now if Washington somehow does that again, cause I know they have a habit of being hot at random times.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

LethalGeek posted:

I'm so waiting to see now if Washington somehow does that again, cause I know they have a habit of being hot at random times.

They also have a habit of falling apart when fan's hopes are at their highest. I think it's an integral part of DC sports.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I'm going to go out on a limb here (not really) and say the Giants are going to win their next two games and have a chance to get back to .500 and redeem their season against the Broncos in week 6's Sunday night game.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

axeil posted:

A broken arm and an ACL tear on the same play is awful. Do it for him Iggles.

He did a full Jeremy Lame.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

NotWearingPants posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb here (not really) and say the Giants are going to win their next two games and have a chance to get back to .500 and redeem their season against the Broncos in week 6's Sunday night game.

If the Giants o-line survives the Denver defense I will lose my poo poo.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

I'd be just as surprised at that as Steelers-Redskins was.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'd really like it if the cowboys were not a trainwreck tonight.

I also hope every one of them kneels.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

If the Giants o-line survives the Denver defense I will lose my poo poo.

Their plan of throwing extremely fast against the Eagles seemed to work okay. Eli was throwing .4 seconds faster than league average yesterday.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Philadelphia...solid offense

Maybe I'm being too critical on the home squad here but I don't think the Eagles offense is solid by any metric :shrug:

e: \/ yeah losing/not having a key interior piece of the defense at all 3 levels was pretty crippling

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 25, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I was hoping there would be more Eagles defensive fireworks against that Giants o-line.

But, I didn't expect half the defense to get injured either :colbert:

Had Hicks & Cox stayed in and McLeod was active, the Giants wouldn't have scored more than 7. It was the perfect storm for the Giants.

Till Jake Elliott :smuggo:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

axeil posted:

Their plan of throwing extremely fast against the Eagles seemed to work okay. Eli was throwing .4 seconds faster than league average yesterday.

Denver is scary because it has just as good a secondary as it does a D-line.

Now, Eli certainly has been doing this QB thing a bit longer than Dak so he might be a bit cooler in those situations, but still. Denver still scares me.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Odell gives the Giants offense an actual pulse. They allowed 250-something total offensive yards to the Lions and carried a lead late into the 4th against the Iggs before making GBS threads themselves. At 0-3 they're virtually toast but they've been in the last two games and lost due to lovely coaching gently caress ben mcadoo some bad breaks. I wouldn't expect them to make the playoffs but I anticipate they'll still be a tough game.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I didn't say I think they will beat Denver. I said I think they have a good shot at going into that game at 2-3

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Fair enough!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Isn't Darby expected back soon already? :allears:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Denver is scary because it has just as good a secondary as it does a D-line.

Now, Eli certainly has been doing this QB thing a bit longer than Dak so he might be a bit cooler in those situations, but still. Denver still scares me.

Honest question, how did the Bills so thoroughly beat them then? I think Dak is a way better QB than Tyrod but clearly the Bills figured out a way to beat them. Was it all just D + Shady?

corn on the cop posted:

Odell gives the Giants offense an actual pulse. They allowed 250-something total offensive yards to the Lions and carried a lead late into the 4th against the Iggs before making GBS threads themselves. At 0-3 they're virtually toast but they've been in the last two games and lost due to lovely coaching gently caress ben mcadoo some bad breaks. I wouldn't expect them to make the playoffs but I anticipate they'll still be a tough game.

Next two games are Buccs and LAC. Those could be winnable with the game against the Broncos on SNF to get back to .500.

89 posted:

Isn't Darby expected back soon already? :allears:

nah, like week 7 or 8.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

axeil posted:

Honest question, how did the Bills so thoroughly beat them then? I think Dak is a way better QB than Tyrod but clearly the Bills figured out a way to beat them. Was it all just D + Shady?

The game was in Buffalo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Darby being out is giving Rasul pt which I think is good in the long run

You never know with DBs. Who will suck and who will be good

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
With the game tonight in Arizona, I am now concerned about the Cowboys offensive line. Broncos made a blueprint, and Arizona is using it pretty drat well.

The Eagles game is already scaring me.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Congrats Washington

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Not that it matters at all after week 3 and with three teams with tied records, but for some reason nfl.com has the Redskins ahead of the Cowboys despite the Cowboys' better divisional and conference records.

It just struck me as kind of odd. You'd think that would be determined by programming. Like what are they doing, updating it by hand?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

axeil posted:

That is actually a thing we would do on the sidelines when we were watching games during our byes. You'd draft a player and get 1 point for every point they scored or threw.

Uh, the proper way to play this is to earn a point for every time they throw the disc away, drop it, or get roasted

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

axeil posted:

Siamien couldn't stop over throwing the ball was the main take away I had watching it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

NotWearingPants posted:

Not that it matters at all after week 3 and with three teams with tied records, but for some reason nfl.com has the Redskins ahead of the Cowboys despite the Cowboys' better divisional and conference records.

It just struck me as kind of odd. You'd think that would be determined by programming. Like what are they doing, updating it by hand?

It's definitely just not updated yet. ESPN's standings has it right with Eagles on top (2-0 div record) followed by cowboys and then washington.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Think we'll send 2 teams to the playoffs or only 1?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
We're going to send three because this is the best division in football.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

We're going to send three because this is a division in football.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

At this point I'll believe anywhere from 0 to 3 cause who the hell knows with the NFL this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

• Locked thread