Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Picnic Princess posted:

Who doesn't put anything to flavour things like oatmeal or grits? It would be like boiling a whole potato then eating it like an apple.
One of my friends bought a bag of potatoes with the plan to just eat them like apples. After one bite he realized that wasn't going to work. He doesn't cook often. Or ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

By the Emperor!

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
I mean, since people in Puerto Rico can't vote in the presidential election they are the most qualified to say "not my president".

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Shai-Hulud posted:

I mean, since people in Puerto Rico can't vote in the presidential election they are the most qualified to say "not my president".

Whatever happened to "No taxation without representation"?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Dejawesp posted:

Whatever happened to "No taxation without representation"?

Imperialism

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

Who doesn't put anything to flavour things like oatmeal or grits? It would be like boiling a whole potato then eating it like an apple.

I put cinnamon on my Pylly Nallen Pieru Puuro brand oatmeal but I have to admit it still tastes like oatmeal. Then again at 7 o'clock I don't really care.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ularg posted:

Imperialism

Also Puerto Rico has voted in favor of statehood but let's not pretend the GOP is going to allow a 51st state that's filled with brown people who mostly speak Spanish.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Cythereal posted:

Also Puerto Rico has voted in favor of statehood but let's not pretend the GOP is going to allow a 51st state that's filled with brown people who mostly speak Spanish.

From what I understand it's mostly because of the bastards with the money who are just slow burning the entire country for profit.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ularg posted:

From what I understand it's mostly because of the bastards with the money who are just slow burning the entire country for profit.

That, too.

Puerto Rico's situation is complex because for a long time they enjoyed a nebulous sort of commonwealth status with the US where they didn't get government representation but don't have to pay American taxes, either. As far as most Puerto Ricans were concerned, this was fine - most of the advantages of being in the US, few of the drawbacks. The problem is, this arrangement was legally speaking nonsense and Obama during his term decided it was time for some hard truths about Puerto Rico's legal relationship with the US, effectively clarifying that they have two choices: independence or statehood.

Puerto Rico's referendums have been in favor of statehood, but the Republican party has no reason to want Puerto Rico to become a state and quite a lot of reasons to actively keep them from becoming a state.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

I just put salt on my porridge and it's delicious. I've tried it with brown sugar as well just not the same, salt all the way. I also like eating boiled potatoes.

I am also Scottish.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Ularg posted:

Wait is this Puerto Rico, America, or every country in 2017

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Samfucius posted:

A couple hours after I stopped talking about politics on facebook, I was called back when I was tagged by someone I didn't know. I'm red, of course.

I know you're not allowed to call your own shots, but hot drat I love The Something Awful Forums > Main > Post Your Favorite (or Request): Coldly Compiled Lists > Idiots on Social Media: Have you ever touch the titty

I don't really like calling people out for spelling or punctuation but I made an exception here and I am glad I did.

I'm partial to "No I got more class than you."

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Aramoro posted:

I just put salt on my porridge and it's delicious. I've tried it with brown sugar as well just not the same, salt all the way. I also like eating boiled potatoes.

I am also Scottish.

Well no wonder, your porridge gets plenty of flavor from being boiled in sheep's stomachs, obviously.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
With Puerto Rico getting smashed by hurricane Maria I'm surprised I haven't seen more West Side Story jokes. then again I doubt many people on my Facebook feed have ever even seen West Side Story.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Already deleted, unfortunately.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Well no wonder, your porridge gets plenty of flavor from being boiled in sheep's stomachs, obviously.

pfft it's not porridge if you're boiling in a sheep's stomach, and anyway real stomachs are rarely used anymore.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Elysiume posted:

One of my friends bought a bag of potatoes with the plan to just eat them like apples. After one bite he realized that wasn't going to work. He doesn't cook often. Or ever.

Eating raw potatoes is at best disgusting and at worst actively dangerous. Don't eat raw potatoes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Aramoro posted:

pfft it's not porridge if you're boiling in a sheep's stomach, and anyway real stomachs are rarely used anymore.

So do you use... Synthetic stomachs?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Elysiume posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2004/aug/22/september11.alqaida" posted:

the account by two young Germans who shared student lodgings with Atta. They describe his utter indifference to creature comforts. For food, Atta would throw unpeeled potatoes into a pot and, when it boiled, mash them into a bowl. He would eat his fill, which was not much, then keep the bowl in the fridge, returning to it as his appetite demanded.

The image of Atta joylessly spooning cold mashed potato into his mouth, taken with everything else we know, strongly suggested a man for whom this world mattered little.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No one wants this future, I want the other one, with the Jetsons

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don't even care if this turns out to be fake.

https://twitter.com/leagalicious/status/910712818625925120

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Why would he get an email

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I just saw the hottest take wrt sports games protests and minority rights:

https://twitter.com/eaglespts/status/912356491260243968

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

You know, I was really annoyed that one of my mandatory courses for my degree was sociological perspectives on sport, but right now really has to be the best time to be taking it.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I don't know a whole lot about political systems or anything, so I'm sorry if I get this very wrong, but wouldn't reverse fascism just be, like, libertarian capitalism?

Serf
May 5, 2011

SpacePig posted:

I don't know a whole lot about political systems or anything, so I'm sorry if I get this very wrong, but wouldn't reverse fascism just be, like, libertarian capitalism?

Libertarian communism maybe.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

Imgur being Imgur.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SpacePig posted:

No it's where the people oppress the state

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I love these racist shitbirds who try to play the "as a veteran" card like everyone who ever served is as big of a disgrace to the uniform as they are.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I love these racist shitbirds who try to play the "as a veteran" card like everyone who ever served is as big of a disgrace to the uniform as they are.

https://twitter.com/jayMAGA45/status/912025733530341377

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

He was also killed by friendly fire and the army tried to cover it up.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dejawesp posted:

He was also killed by friendly fire and the army tried to cover it up.

Also,

Yes, all of these are real.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

I had to look this one up and... Uh... Yowza. And apparently Trump retweeted this one. That's a hell of a thing.

So, what Dejawesp said, but also, from Wikipedia:

quote:

Despite his fame, Tillman did not want to be used for propaganda purposes. He spoke to friends about his opposition to President Bush and the Iraq war, and he had made an appointment with notable government critic Noam Chomsky for after his return from the military. The destruction of evidence linked to Tillman's death, including his personal journal, led his mother to speculate that he was murdered. General Wesley Clark agreed that it was "very possible".

Whoops!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Hey, the Simpsons are just like the Waltons. We're praying for an end to the Depression, too.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Donald Trump: "How many levels of social media idiocy are you on?"
Average Twitter User: "I dunno, like four or five?"
Donald Trump: "You are like a little baby, watch this:"

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/912346365375770625

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Whenever someone says, "they defend ur freedom" I just ask when the last time our freedom was actually in danger. Even a few people I knew say that and their kid was serving somewhere super remote as like an electrician and never actually fought.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Who What Now posted:

So do you use... Synthetic stomachs?

Yup, they're called bungs, which i suppose sounds nicer than synthetic stomach, and made of cellulose now. Still 100% pluck inside them of course. Unless you're American in which case no lungs for you.

You can still get real stomachs but they're rarer, mainly because 1 sheep makes more than one haggis.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

TinTower posted:

Donald Trump: "How many levels of social media idiocy are you on?"
Average Twitter User: "I dunno, like four or five?"
Donald Trump: "You are like a little baby, watch this:"

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/912346365375770625

This would probably be a very good time to take away Trump's Twitter account. Jesus christ.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

cage-free egghead posted:

Whenever someone says, "they defend ur freedom" I just ask when the last time our freedom was actually in danger. Even a few people I knew say that and their kid was serving somewhere super remote as like an electrician and never actually fought.

Those people would respond with "Its under attack from <some non-white group of people> as we speak!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ka5sh/status/912110616931794945

LOTS OF LOVE