Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ich will so Videos sehen, wo Linksparteileute vor der Bundestagskantine in der Schlange stehen mit so AfD-Leuten, wie da so die Stimmung ist. Wenn einem AfD-Typen die Gabel runterfällt, bückt sich dann die Linken-Politikerin, um ihm das aufzuheben?

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Ssthalar posted:

I know little about German politics, I just want to know if I, a Dane, should expect Germany to march across the border soon?

Well, yes, Germany is always only 5 minutes from attacking their neighbors away. All the time, any time. Only friend Putin will hold them back!

Germany is now there, where nearly every European country is: With a sizeable 10-20 % hard rightwing party in the parliament (some peculiarities like the UK, where the voting system prevented such things aside. I take right-wing idiots in parliament over Brexit, personally). The reality for years now has hard numbers and soon very odd people in the Bundestag. Nothing that wasn't predicted by the polls for a long time now (although few had 13 % for the AfD, most were a bit over 10 %), nothing you couldn't see coming in the media (and Bild & Co have their part in the result, despite the teeth gnashing now). Germany could delude itself that they were the big exception in Europe. Now you hear the same poo poo you heard 10-20 years ago when the same happened in other countries ("90 % haven't voted for them!" "They aren't all racists"*, "You need to take their woes and problems seriously!" "We need to move right to give the voters of <rightwing party> a good offer"). The same fruitless "Rezepte gegen Rechts" that haven't worked in decades.

Maybe Germany could have been the exception if 300 billion Leistungsbilanzüberschuss a year would have been seen given back to the public instead of becoming the Exportweltmeister on the backs of the middle-class and workers with decades of Reallöhne going down. People who feel "things are going up" tend not to vote quite as much for the guy promising to do away with the dirty foreigner if the Nineties were any guide.

*they only vote for them willingly

Decius fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Sep 25, 2017

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Decius posted:

Well, yes, Germany is always only 5 minutes from attacking their neighbors away. All the time, any time. Only friend Putin will hold them back!

Germany is now there, where nearly every European country is: With a sizeable 10-20 % hard rightwing party in the parliament (some peculiarities like the UK, where the voting system prevented such things aside. I take right-wing idiots in parliament over Brexit, personally). The reality for years now has hard numbers and soon very odd people in the Bundestag. Nothing that wasn't predicted by the polls for a long time now (although few had 13 % for the AfD, most were a bit over 10 %), nothing you couldn't see coming in the media (and Bild & Co have their part in the result, despite the teeth gnashing now). Germany could delude itself that they were the big exception in Europe. Now you hear the same poo poo you heard 10-20 years ago when the same happened in other countries ("90 % haven't voted for them!" "They aren't all racists"*, "You need to take their woes and problems seriously!" "We need to move right to give the voters of <rightwing party> a good offer"). The same fruitless "Rezepte gegen Rechts" that haven't worked in decades.

Maybe Germany could have been the exception if 300 billion Leistungsbilanzüberschuss a year would have been seen given back to the public instead of becoming the Exportweltmeister on the backs of the middle-class and workers with decades of Reallöhne going down. People who feel "things are going up" tend not to vote quite as much for the guy promising to do away with the dirty foreigner if the Nineties were any guide.

*they only vote for them willingly

Thank you for explaining more in depth, I just worry since we are in the Trump timeline. :ohdear:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
My Wahlkreis had the worst result for CDU/CSU in the whole country, 13.9% lmao

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

wayfinder posted:

My Wahlkreis had the worst result for CDU/CSU in the whole country, 13.9% lmao

Let me guess..first place goes to the guys in light blue

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Ssthalar posted:

Thank you for explaining more in depth, I just worry since we are in the Trump timeline. :ohdear:

Trump timeline cuts both ways*. Literally the first thing this party did after its historic electoral victory was to have one of its leaders and most well-known politicians apparently spontaneously decide to leave the party live on camera.

*all the ways, all at once

e: lmao

https://twitter.com/nminkmar/status/912229893022343168

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 25, 2017

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Multilake posted:

Doesn't Wayfinder live in Gregor Gysi's Wahlkreis

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

Drone posted:

Doesn't Wayfinder live in Gregor Gysi's Wahlkreis

I didn't know that.. Gysi seems "solid" with his 39 percent

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

My Wahlkreis is 37% CDU followed by 15% Afd and 14,2% FDP. :suicide:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

blowfish posted:

Turboracist detected. Ban this sick filth :byodood:

Dies aber unironisch.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Ssthalar posted:

I know little about German politics, I just want to know if I, a Dane, should expect Germany to march across the border soon?

I don't think this should be a concern, as thanks to climate change there will be nothing left to march across soon enough.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Der Sommer 2017 war zwar nicht besonders sonnig, aber dennoch sind eine Menge Menschen ganz schön braun geworden...

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

System Metternich posted:

Umgekehrt, der Kurfürst von Sachsen war auch polnischer König

Du stimmst mir also zu, dass meine Aussage technisch gesehen volkommen korrekt war.

Ssthalar posted:

Actually, you will find that the opposite is far more likely.

http://www.dw.com/en/danish-demagogue-calls-for-annexation-of-german-region/a-37696340

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Mal was nices in den Raum werfen: CDU-ohne-CSU + SPD + FDP.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Cingulate posted:

Töte dich selbst, dann sie mich

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Cingulate posted:

Would be worth it just for the Bavarian meltdown.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Getting the CSU cancer out of the Bundespolitik might just be worth swallowing the FDP over.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Our Syrian left again. It felt like a weird bubble to spend yesterday with her. We didn't talk about the election, and I think she was too occupied to hear anything. So maybe somebody else will break it to her today than 1 in 10 people she'll meet on the streets wants her gone.

Perestroika posted:

Would be worth it just for the Bavarian meltdown.
I was feeling the Smirr when I wrote that.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
AfD got more seats than the FDP? Holy poo poo

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so how long do they have to form this coalition? what are the odds merkel's chancellor by the end of the year?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Cingulate posted:

I was feeling the Smirr when I wrote that.

On the one hand I'm worried that I apparently genericized my trademark, on the other hand at least it's become synonymous with hating Bavaria.

I also agree that your idea is nice. I mean, if we're going to get any government at all, it's going to include the FDP anyway, so...

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Abel Wingnut posted:

so how long do they have to form this coalition? what are the odds merkel's chancellor by the end of the year?

If I'm reading the law right there must be a chancellor within three weeks after the first session of parliament. If there isn't, the president dissolves parliament and orders a new round of federal elections. So I'd say that the odds are near 100% but then we're in the Trump timeline where nothing makes sense and all bets are off

e: vvv I see, thanks vvv

System Metternich fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 25, 2017

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

System Metternich posted:

If I'm reading the law right there must be a chancellor within three weeks after the first session of parliament. If there isn't, the president dissolves parliament and orders a new round of federal elections. So I'd say that the odds are near 100% but then we're in the Trump timeline where nothing makes sense and all bets are off

No - there must be a chancellor 3 weeks after the Bundespräsident nominated his candidate, which he can do whenever he wants.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Cingulate posted:

I'm actually really pessimistic on the whole racism thing. I think it's essentially unnatural not to be racist[*, **].

** Expecting this one to be quoted out of context.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Ssthalar posted:

Well, I, for one, shall be driving into the Netherlands on October 13th, but it'll be in a French hatchback to drink with Danes, Dutchbags and island monkeys, so I think everything is still reasonably okay.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Cingulate posted:

Our Syrian left again. It felt like a weird bubble to spend yesterday with her. We didn't talk about the election, and I think she was too occupied to hear anything. So maybe somebody else will break it to her today that at least 1 in 10 people she'll meet on the streets wants her gone.

ftfy.

I'm a little bit disappointed. I would have assumed you would be better than to make such a basic mistake.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Just wanted to say thank-you for this post; this thread is good. I also liked the theory-craft post about Bavaria; it was oddly informative. I'll go back to lurking now.

MoaM fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 25, 2017

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Dommolus Magnus posted:

ftfy.

I'm a little bit disappointed. I would have assumed you would be better than to make such a basic mistake.

Elections are not fully representative of the population. 1/4 of all eligible voters didn't participate at all in process, probably mostly from the lower class. There are also millions of foreign nationals and children living in Germany who didn't participate. :goonsay:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Multilake posted:

Nah mate. Friedrichshain!

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

welt.de comments posted:

Dieser am Tage gelegte, schauspielerisch-inszenierend wirkender Abgang hat den Beigeschmack eines strategisch, intelligenten Zuges seitens der kompletten AfD-Partei gewesen zu sein. Das Ziel dieses unwürdigen Abgangs, kann man als eine im Hintergrund agierende, fortwährende Schaffung einer "zweite" AfD deuten. Im Grundgedanken sei ein solcher Versuch als raffinierter exponentieller Schachzug zu verstehen. Im Falle, dass die "traditionelle AfD" an Boden verlieren sollte, wären die eventuellen "Petry-Wähler" der neu geschaffenen AfD immer noch an "Bord" einer populistischen Partei

:stare:

5th dimensional chess ladies and gentlemen - it has arrived in germany too!

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I guess the totally not paid commenter didn't find the ä on his otherwise german keyboard.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

Infected posted:

I guess the totally not paid commenter didn't find the ä on his otherwise german keyboard.

I guess everything makes sense, but I don't get the Kinderschänder Nummer..

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Elections are not fully representative of the population. 1/4 of all eligible voters didn't participate at all in process, probably mostly from the lower class. There are also millions of foreign nationals and children living in Germany who didn't participate. :goonsay:

Well, I gave the Cingulate the benefit of the doubt that he already factored these things into his number. After all he did say 1/10 and not the 12 something percent the AFD got in the federal election.

I was more taking exception to the insinuation that only AFD voters want Syrians out of Germany.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Ssthalar posted:

Uh... Dansk Folkeparti?? You're already far ahead with giving right wing partys the power to run your country...

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Danes are loving retards who love to criticize other countries and people while being probably the worst right-wing country in western europe. I have never met a Danish person who wasn't like this.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dommolus Magnus posted:

ftfy.

The main points would be, 1. we're not talking about a random sample of Germans, but about university towns in the west, 2. I was rounding off a bunch of racist.

Hmmmmm. That sounds ... ambiguous. I am of course talking about maths.

oliwan posted:

Danes are loving retards ... I have never met a Danish person who wasn't like this.
Oh come on.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

oliwan posted:

Danes are loving retards who love to criticize other countries and people while being probably the worst right-wing country in western europe. I have never met a Danish person who wasn't like this.

This is irony right?

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Cingulate posted:

The main points would be, 1. we're not talking about a random sample of Germans, but about university towns in the west, 2. I was rounding off a bunch of racist.

Hmmmmm. That sounds ... ambiguous. I am of course talking about maths.

What then are you basing your figures on, if it is not the election result? Am I wrong to expect a carefully and precisely worded statement from Mr. Statistics himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Infected posted:

Our best weapon against Russian influence: Umlaute