Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Dommolus Magnus posted:

Sachsen wurde ja mal vom König von Polen regiert. Das wäre doch ein Ansatz.

Umgekehrt, der Kurfürst von Sachsen war auch polnischer König

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Mods please rename thread "Germany discussion: 0 days since last accident"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
:sax:??

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Germany Discussion: [0] days since the last nazi party in parliament.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Is there a statistical breakdown somewhere of the number of seats in the Bundestag the AfD won through Erststimmen and how many were through the proportional Zweitstimme? Especially compared to the other 5 parties, I'd like to know just how hard or easy it is for the far-right to win a first-past-the-post style seat.

Drone fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Sep 25, 2017

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm actually really pessimistic on the whole racism thing. I think it's essentially unnatural not to be racist[*, **]. By default, we're really scared of and hostile against any kind of outgroup, and it takes a lot of civilization to make us be somewhat less awful.

* In the same sense that books, an infant mortality ratio below 2 in 3, and musical instruments are unnatural.
** Expecting this one to be quoted out of context.

elbkaida posted:

Even if more than half of the AfD votes are Protestwähler
I wonder how Bernd Lucke cast his vote. I assume ungültig or a hateful FDP.

Einbauschrank posted:

These results are not upsetting. It is evident that people are not happy with the policy of the GroKo. This is perhaps surprising to the Juste Milieu of Süddeutsche and ZEIT, but not to anybody else.
You have Linke and AfD who are promising a static society, you have the FPD promising the strength to adapt to changing times and you have the Greens pandering to a clientele that more or less rightfully thinks change won't affect because they are either verbeamtet and ÖD-abgesichert or young and naive.
You're living on an entirely different planet than I do.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Cingulate posted:

I think it's essentially unnatural not to be racist

Turboracist detected. Ban this sick filth :byodood:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

On a more positive note:

http://www.augsburger-allgemeine.de/politik/Bundestagswahl-CSU-Spitzenkandidat-Joachim-Herrmann-erhaelt-kein-Mandat-id42752821.html

quote:

CSU-Spitzenkandidat Joachim Herrmann kommt nicht in den nächsten Bundestag. Der bayerische Innenminister stand zwar auf Platz eins der CSU-Liste für die Bundestagswahl am Sonntag, trat jedoch nicht als Direktkandidat an. Er wurde gewissermaßen zu einem Opfer des CSU-Erfolgs, den die Christsozialen trotz ihres Absturzes bei der Wahl doch noch feiern konnten: Sie holten in allen 46 Wahlkreisen in Bayern jeweils das Direktmandat.

:toot: get hosed

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Cingulate posted:

I'm actually really [..] racist

quote:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

blowfish posted:

Ban this sick filth :byodood:

You racist!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Cingulate posted:

I'm actually [...]a[...]d[...]o[...]l[...]f[...]h[...]i[...]t[...]l[...]e[...]r[...]

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Drone posted:

Is there a statistical breakdown somewhere of the number of seats in the Bundestag the AfD won through Erststimmen and how many were through the proportional Zweitstimme? Especially compared to the other 5 parties, I'd like to know just how hard or easy it is for the far-right to win a first-past-the-post style seat.

AfD appears to have taken three direct seats, all in south east Saxony. The one of Frauke Petry with ~10%, the others with about 1-2% which makes it even more shameful for the local CDU, this was entirely preventable. Note that in these areas SPD got 10% or less and SPD, FDP and Grüne combined can't even make it to 20%. None of these parties is perceived to be offering anything to them by people living in the region.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

elbkaida posted:

AfD appears to have taken three direct seats, all in south east Saxony. The one of Frauke Petry with ~10%, the others with about 1-2% which makes it even more shameful for the local CDU, this was entirely preventable. Note that in these areas SPD got 10% or less and SPD, FDP and Grüne combined can't even make it to 20%. None of these parties is perceived to be offering anything to them by people living in the region.

The AfD didn't take the Petry seat - she just declared that she will not be part of the AfD faction.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

GaussianCopula posted:

The AfD didn't take the Petry seat - she just declared that she will not be part of the AfD faction.

Its happening!

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
If anybody is asking themselves what happened in Saxony, imagine a Bavaria where there is no strong CSU with credentials of 40 years of economic prosperity and the motto 'no party should exist to the right of us'. Then add having significantly lower wages and employment than the rest of the country for over 20 years. That would result in a fair few disgruntled AfD votes I'd think.

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Drone posted:

No need for statistics, the results are right here:
https://www.bundeswahlleiter.de/info/presse/mitteilungen/bundestagswahl-2017/32_17_vorlaeufiges_ergebnis.html

The second table displays the breakdown of the seats.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

quote:

09.57 Uhr - Der AfD-Spitzenkandidat Alexander Gauland hat das Bekenntnis von Bundeskanzlerin Angela Merkel infragegestellt, wonach das Existenzrecht Israels zur Staatsräson in Deutschland gehört
http://www.boerse-online.de/nachrichten/aktien/Bundestagswahl-Ticker-+++-Ifo-Experte-Wahlausgang-kann-Stimmung-belasten-1002489831

Wasting no time at all, I see. :toot:

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Dommolus Magnus posted:

Sachsen wurde ja mal vom König von Polen regiert. Das wäre doch ein Ansatz.

Die Polen wollen ja auch eh noch Reparationen haben, win-win?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Spiegel posted:

Gauland bestritt jegliche Schuld für die Entscheidung Petrys. Er glaube nicht, dass seine Äußerungen zur deutschen Vergangenheit und der Integrationsbeauftragten Aydan Özuguz dafür verantwortlich seien: "Wir sind halt ein gäriger Haufen und jetzt ist jemand obergärig geworden."

What a bizarre thing to say.

I was expecting a night of long knives situation where she gets Lucke'd. I did not expect this at all. That party is so fractally hosed

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

So if I go to Halle to visit my friend, I can expect about 1 in 5 people there to be Nazis. Good to know.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

quote:

CSU-Chef Horst Seehofer hat im Parteivorstand die traditionelle Fraktionsgemeinschaft mit der CDU zur Debatte gestellt. Zuerst hieß es aus Teilnehmerkreisen, Seehofer wolle vorerst offen lassen, ob CDU und CSU auch im neuen Bundestag eine Fraktionsgemeinschaft bilden. Später sagte Seehofer, er halte es nicht für den richtigen Weg, die Fraktionsgemeinschaft aufzukündigen, meldet die Deutsche Presse-Agentur. Man müsse aber im Vorstand darüber entscheiden.

:sherman:

The Schwampel wouldn't have a majority without the CSU btw

Bufonide
Apr 21, 2012

Afriscipio posted:

So if I go to Halle to visit my friend, I can expect about 1 in 5 people there to be Nazis. Good to know.

At least. Better check on your friend as well.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Smirr posted:

:sherman:

The Schwampel wouldn't have a majority without the CSU btw

Can't wait for Merkel to declare she's done with this poo poo, Altmaier taking over, no coalition, Neuwahlen, Lindner anti-faschistischer Gottkanzler and the following full privatization of the Deutschland GmbH. :sherman:

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

elbkaida posted:

If anybody is asking themselves what happened in Saxony, imagine a Bavaria that actually has nothing, really nothing in common with Bavaria. Imagine a place as different from Bavaria as can be
Ok

Literally lol

Smirr posted:

I was expecting a night of long knives situation where she gets Lucke'd. I did not expect this at all. That party is so fractally hosed
My very first posts ITT, in 2013, were in that tone, too. :(

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Hello Cingulate, you seem to be the target of Lügenpressen-Angriffe from a bezahlte Zuschauer in the Staatsforen. That's why I wanted to say hello to you personally.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nobnob posted:

Hello Cingulate, you seem to be the target of Lügenpressen-Angriffe from a bezahlte Zuschauer in the Staatsforen. That's why I wanted to say hello to you personally.
I don't get this joke.

Although, and I'm posting blind here, I always wanted Soros to throw money in my direction :v: (huge Popper fan and all that)

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

haha, i can almost feel schadenfreude watching the political landscape disintegrate around the "this is fine" GC-types. :unsmigghh:

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

I know little about German politics, I just want to know if I, a Dane, should expect Germany to march across the border soon?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

It is my sincere belief that the worst thing the Allies ever did was not dismantling Bavaria and erasing its cultural memory, Prussia style. The solution was obvious, too: make Franconia an independent state, cede the Oberpfalz to Czechoslovakia, and join the Bavarian part of Swabia with the rest of Swabia, then nuke Swabia. Why not done?

Instead you got decades of a virtually unopposed political machine grifting federal funds while getting all but guaranteed ministry spots in return, then immediately switching to complaining about those soft northern moochers as soon as their corrupt automotive industry had gotten off the ground. Why was the CSU ever allowed to exist? "Oh yeah, let's forget to balkanize and scramble the poo poo out of the largest remaining German state and then also give them their own political party, which gets an automatic coalition with the default party, hurf durf" -- some Ami rear end in a top hat

Before anyone starts, yes, the same thing goes for Saxony to a lesser degree, except that the DDR actually did dismantle that piece of poo poo (and all the other pieces of poo poo), and no one was ever dumb enough to allow them their own party, unless you count the AfD, which actually did end up winning Saxony, lol. Welp, thanks for reading my rambling genocidal post :waycool: Mondays, right

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Ssthalar posted:

I know little about German politics, I just want to know if I, a Dane, should expect Germany to march across the border soon?

Freshly elected AfD fraction leader Gauland got into work at 9am today, at 9:57 am he had already renounced Israel's right to exist. You are hosed, run and hide man. Run and hide

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ssthalar posted:

Don't worry about things like that. The Event is a hard-right (think US republicans) party for the first time in many decades entering the parliament. They will not enter the actual government, as no other party will enter a coalition with them.

Also you're presumably white so why would you even feel concerned

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Also, Danish clay is comparatively undesirable. It's all boggy and poo poo. I don't doubt that there's some people in the AfD that want to make Haderslev German again, but a) they're not making Facebook posts about it (yet, to my knowledge), b) of all the German irredentist movements, I think the Schleswig one is the weakest.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Cingulate posted:

Also you're presumably white so why would you even feel concerned

It's kinda dishonest to make promises like this if you don't even know his Arier status. Like, a lot of people consider slavs to be white but Gauland said that we should be proud of German soldiers killing 30 mio of them in WW2. If you are slav, run

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Ssthalar posted:

Denmark needs to preemptively strike at the thieves of Schleswig-Holstein to guarantee its safety in these uncertain times.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Lmao, Petry already left the party and is currently trying to dismantle the Bundestagsfraktion, and in M-V four AfD-MdL left the Fraktion too :unsmigghh:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

System Metternich posted:

Lmao, Petry already left the party and is currently trying to dismantle the Bundestagsfraktion, and in M-V four AfD-MdL left the Fraktion too :unsmigghh:

The international Jewelry and the Deep State at it again, keeping the little Nazi man down. Sad!

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Now we only need the CSU to actually go through with doing their own thing and the meltdown will be complete.

(I think we all know that Seehofer is too spineless to give up a semblance of power over a political position)

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Infected posted:

Now we only need the CSU to actually go through with doing their own thing and the meltdown will be complete.

(I think we all know that Seehofer is too spineless to give up a semblance of power over a political position)

They already called it off.

Seehofers days might be numbered though. Expect him to be gone Monday after the Landtagswahl 2018 at the latest.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Frauke Petry was a BND inside job :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Ssthalar posted:

I was considering going to TRSAC this year so watch out for that maybe