Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

weird Asian candy posted:

The last Atl/Det game was the London shitfest right?

YEP.

Neither team should've been let back into the US after that fiasco, frankly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Wouldn't the Lions still be in first? We've got more wins over conference opponents.

Pleas edon't troll

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
To break it down another way...

The Lions, Packers, and Vikings are all 2-1, the Bears are 1-2.

- Three of the four losses within the division all come against Atlanta, so those losses effectively cancel out. Only the Vikings still play Atlanta.
- Minnesota and Chicago both beat a team the other team lost to, so those two kinda cancel out.
- The only real differences are the Lions beating their NFC East opponent (which can come into play with Green Bay playing Dallas and Minnesota playing Washington), and the Packers/Vikingss beating the divisional opponents that everyone is expected to beat.

The luck of the draw game that could give the Lions a slight edge, all other things considered, is getting to play the Giants when their divisional opponents have to play better teams in that slot.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

YEP.

Neither team should've been let back into the US after that fiasco, frankly.

Lol seriously. Our games have been...interesting...thats for sure. That London game was sooooooo bad. Each Coach tried to out dumbfuck the other at the end.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I was at the Packer game today. The first half was a train wreck where I sat in the sun and baked like a cake watching very bad football.

The second half was glorious and the sun finally went down so not only was it good football to watch but I wasn't baking in the record Lambeau temperatures.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Bears are one game out of first place yea woo lets go

my buddy had fun with his

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Bill Barnwell's exasperation about that London game will always be hilarious to me.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Here's what I'm confused about

I thought Martellus Bennett knew how to catch

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

OSheaman posted:

Here's what I'm confused about

I thought Martellus Bennett knew how to catch

hahaha, oh he knows how to catch, his specialty is dropping like the one specific pass that you need to have.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Dexo posted:

hahaha, oh he knows how to catch, his specialty is dropping like the one specific pass that you need to have.

Unlike Ebron who managed to drop like 3 straight need to have passes which is why that whole poo poo show at the end happened the way it did.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Scipiotik posted:

Unlike Ebron who managed to drop like 3 straight need to have passes which is why that whole poo poo show at the end happened the way it did.

Yeah actually I lied in my last post- I am unhappy with how much we threw to Ebron towards the end. For every clutch catch he does end up making, he has two or three anti-clutch drops. Those are terrible odds for the end of a game!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hot Diggity! posted:

Wish Rodgers woulda sat or taken a knee. Good on Marty, King, and Jones. Also Jones is legit.

Jones, King, and Martinez all look really good. It is loving inexplicable how the Packers defense assembles so many players with clear individual talent but then continue to have colossal gaps in coverage. loving Capers.

I think this Packers team will be extremely dangerous if they can manage to keep their starters uninjured (which is apparently an impossible ask for this S&C squad). How many were we missing yesterday, Cobb, Bakhtiari, Daniels, Perry, House?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Our OL has been getting hurt for *checks notes* forever.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Obviously the Bears game should be a win for the Packers but if they don't get Daniels, Perry, or Bakhtiari back by Thursday it could be close. Howard and Cohen are nasty backs even if the Steelers tackling helped them out. Really the Bears offense could be pretty good in the future once they free Trubisky and get some WRs. Wheaton looked bad in particular yesterday

Bengals game was closer than I wanted but that was a dope final drive and Rodgers gets another comeback for the clutch folder

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

How could the packers ever hope to defend this dynamic offense.

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

schweens posted:

Obviously the Bears game should be a win for the Packers but if they don't get Daniels, Perry, or Bakhtiari back by Thursday it could be close. Howard and Cohen are nasty backs even if the Steelers tackling helped them out. Really the Bears offense could be pretty good in the future once they free Trubisky and get some WRs. Wheaton looked bad in particular yesterday

Bengals game was closer than I wanted but that was a dope final drive and Rodgers gets another comeback for the clutch folder

I don't actually know how good the Bears WRs are (probably not great), because Glennon is too much of a coward to throw to them.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Filthy Casual posted:

I don't actually know how good the Bears WRs are (probably not great), because Glennon is too much of a coward to throw to them.

They're terrible.

If Trubisky pans out and the Bears can get a couple above average WR's they are going to be really good.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
yeah if only the bears can get good wrs and a decent QB they'll be good

something that's happened for one total year in the history of the franchise promptly followed by complete demolition

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

yeah if only the bears can get good wrs and a decent QB they'll be good

something that's happened for one total year in the history of the franchise promptly followed by complete demolition

lol, sad but true :smith:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/drewmagary/status/912468859449495553

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Filthy Casual posted:

Make no mistake, he's thrown to them all right. They keep dropping or missing catches. Glennon or not, a couple of legit wideouts are needed.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/ShowtimeTate/status/912502540893396998

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Packers oline seems to be decimated: starting tackles and 1st backup are now out, it seems.
I'm expecting Rodgers to get sacked in the double digits each match from now on.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Make no mistake, he's thrown to them all right. They keep dropping or missing catches. Glennon or not, a couple of legit wideouts are needed.

Yea the Bucs game was a lost cause but his WRs dropped like 6 straight passes when they were trying to get back into it.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/Andrew_Krammer/status/912374965105778689

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Yeah, because Golden Tate has never gotten a lovely TD call in his favor before, right?

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Wilford Cutlery posted:

The Wheaton drops were pretty bad, but some of those others were just dudes trying not to die given how late he was on the throws.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Shaun Hill is a national treasure.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/mikerothstein/status/913111461798354944

Not gonna lie, having Davis and Swanson back for Sunday would be a huge relief.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZjpUNpF7iA/

I wish I could hate Rodgers

He's just like me. Right down to not talking with my own family unless I have to.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I feel like I'd find Rodgers and the Packers a great team to root for if they weren't in the loving NFC North and didn't routinely crush the Lions twice a year, every year, dating back to before I was born.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I feel like I'd find Rodgers and the Packers a great team to root for if they weren't in the loving NFC North and didn't routinely crush the Lions twice a year, every year, dating back to before I was born.

I'm a big Packers fan, but as I've gotten older I've become a NFC North fan except for the Bears. gently caress them forever.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I like Rodgers cause he makes sweet plays, I just want him to eat poo poo when he plays with the Vikings.

https://twitter.com/kpozsgay/status/913114559233318917

loving superstar in the making.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

WHOOPS posted:

I like Rodgers cause he makes sweet plays, I just want him to eat poo poo when he plays with the Vikings.

https://twitter.com/kpozsgay/status/913114559233318917

loving superstar in the making.

I'm a fan of "Doc Golladay" myself

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm a fan of "Doc Golladay" myself

Babytron

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I would hate to have a name based off another dudes because I play for the same team, is there more to it than that?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

nerve posted:

I would hate to have a name based off another dudes because I play for the same team, is there more to it than that?

He's a rookie and was like Megatron I'm training camp, as he was so beastly.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

nerve posted:

No, not really. It's been kinda a forced nickname since training camp, I'm not a huge fan of it myself.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm a big Packers fan, but as I've gotten older I've become a NFC North fan except for the Bears. gently caress them forever.

how the gently caress can you hate the Bears(unless you're a fan)

What in gods name have the Bears done in the last 20+ years to be worthy of having any emotion but apathy or laughter.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Sep 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dexo posted:

how the gently caress can you hate the Bears

What in gods name have the Bears done in the last 20+ years to be worthy of having any emotion but apathy or laughter.

Three words:
Soldier Field Renovation.

• Locked thread