Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

InsidiousMuppet posted:

Whoever it was that mentioned the new Dyscarnate being really good, thank you because it slaps.

It fuckin rips. Can't stop listening to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hammerheart is good metal and good beer.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I mean you're not wrong, but that isn't a bad thing, either

He once threw a beer bottle at the head of Earache because they put on a gabber techno record while DJing

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
BOLT
THROWER

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
sucks that's a website-only piece

it'd have been great to hear a prep school grad with a speech impediment talking softly about bolt thrower during morning edition or all things considered

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

He once threw a beer bottle at the head of Earache because they put on a gabber techno record while DJing

I meant musically. I like all of his projects. Although if that info came from the head of Earache, I'd take it from a grain of salt, since ND and Earache had an ugly split

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I'm trying to listen to Pain of Salvation after about a 8 year gap and gently caress I don't get what the big deal about them is. Like there's a good amount of prog in there, but the lyrics and stuff are just so goddamned serious that I can't listen to it without getting bored.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I meant musically. I like all of his projects. Although if that info came from the head of Earache, I'd take it from a grain of salt, since ND and Earache had an ugly split

Earache abruptly ditched all their metal bands in favor of releasing dad rock and the country side project of the singer from Asking Alexandria. I wish the bottle was full of napalm.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Vargatron posted:

I'm trying to listen to Pain of Salvation after about a 8 year gap and gently caress I don't get what the big deal about them is. Like there's a good amount of prog in there, but the lyrics and stuff are just so goddamned serious that I can't listen to it without getting bored.

listen to their acoustic live album and just admire the musicianship. They're geniuses but its... prog rock. You expected good lyrics?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vargatron posted:

Also the vocals are all over the place

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Zodijackylite posted:

Earache abruptly ditched all their metal bands in favor of releasing dad rock and the country side project of the singer from Asking Alexandria. I wish the bottle was full of napalm.

earache died when dig forced anal oval office to change the title of connor clapton committed suicide because his father sucks

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

The Muppets On PCP posted:

earache died when dig forced anal oval office to change the title of connor clapton committed suicide because his father sucks

If Eric Clapton sucks so much, then why are they signing bands whose dads probably taught them his songs?

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

"My bass playing is as basic as it comes. I am not a technical bass player, I mainly just follow the guitar, 'heavy-ing' it up, so to speak," she told Eternal Terror Webzine in a rare interview back in 2009. "I'm good enough for Bolt Thrower, and that's about it."

She was good enough to play for the best!

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Jag Panzer, the band that CGI-rendered a flyover of Colorado for their first DVD release because they were too cheap to pay for stock video from a helicopter, released this horrible Tim and Eric trainwreck of a lyric video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQPCou8DXl4

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
A friendly reminder Earache put out whatever this is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5WZ9DEEh9E

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Shut up with this dumb earache poo poo. They are a trash label now.

In other news, new Cannibal Corpse tour with some dudes I've never heard of. Power trip and Gatecreeper. I'll be at the first stop of the tour in Jacksonville.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cobra Commander posted:

In other news, new Cannibal Corpse tour with some dudes I've never heard of. Power trip and Gatecreeper. I'll be at the first stop of the tour in Jacksonville.

If you haven't heard of Power Trip you've been very out of the loop this year. They crush.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Google must have a bug, as I searched for that tour and it promised me they were doing a five night Miami residency in February and that's sadly not the case.

Boo that both Tampa and Jacksonville both get a date, SoFlo needs some love.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Google must have a bug, as I searched for that tour and it promised me they were doing a five night Miami residency in February and that's sadly not the case.

Boo that both Tampa and Jacksonville both get a date, SoFlo needs some love.

uhhh Toxic Holocaust, Goatwhore and Venom INC are playing here on Thursday, so I better not hear any "wahh we get no shows in SFL" coming from you!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Pfft like I'd actually go down to Miami anyway ;)

(Not until the brightline opens in 2023, anyway. For some reason Fort Lauderdale has a drought of gigs and most fun things happen outside and in places like Margate).

There is some venue walking distance from my house that seems to put on unheard of metal bands so I need to check that out at some point.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Vulture Culture posted:

Jag Panzer, the band that CGI-rendered a flyover of Colorado for their first DVD release because they were too cheap to pay for stock video from a helicopter, released this horrible Tim and Eric trainwreck of a lyric video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQPCou8DXl4

lol :yikes:

Your post made me realize that I know precisely one Jag Panzer song post Ample Destruction (some song off Mechanized Warfare from a magazine sampler, which I thought was bad). The song you posted also strikes me as bad (way too European). But the MA reviews for post 1997 stuff look good. But all the power metal reviews on MA are written by people with brain damage, so does anyone here want to weigh in on whether any of the mid-era Jag Panzer stuff is actually worth a listen?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Thane to the Throne

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Smirr posted:

Your post made me realize that I know precisely one Jag Panzer song post Ample Destruction (some song off Mechanized Warfare from a magazine sampler, which I thought was bad). The song you posted also strikes me as bad (way too European). But the MA reviews for post 1997 stuff look good. But all the power metal reviews on MA are written by people with brain damage, so does anyone here want to weigh in on whether any of the mid-era Jag Panzer stuff is actually worth a listen?

Fourth Judgement is alright. The Macbeth album sucks.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

(Not until the brightline opens in 2023, anyway. For some reason Fort Lauderdale has a drought of gigs and most fun things happen outside and in places like Margate).

There is some venue walking distance from my house that seems to put on unheard of metal bands so I need to check that out at some point.

Get on the Tri Rail. Seriously. Excuses!

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Thane to the Throne

Dimebags Brain posted:

The Macbeth album sucks.

I see :thunk: I'm just gonna listen to the albums in question, I guess

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cobra Commander posted:

it's pretty funny that the main page on their site is a bunch of photos and stuff of bands who haven't been on the label in 15-20 years

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Cobra Commander posted:

Gatecreeper are pretty solid old school sounding death metal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UKFpTOY7BU
That's a great lineup.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

EL BROMANCE posted:

Maybe someday we will get good bands in Daytona Beach lol

lol

lol :(

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Smirr posted:

That song is bad, but being extremely European-sounding has sort of been Jag Panzer's thing forever.

I wasn't big on either The Age of Mastery or The Fourth Judgement. I don't remember much besides "Iron Eagle" and "Black", both of which were okay tracks.

Skip the Macbeth album, most of it is filler. The good tracks on the album are "King at a Price", "Hell to Pay", "Insanity's Mind", and "Fate's Triumph". Mechanized Warfare is pretty solid throughout; "Frozen in Fear" is the best song of Jag Panzer's whole career:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZ-kQ16fuMQ

Casting the Stones was a bit less inspired but really solid. You hear on "Feast or Famine" and "Tempest" where Mark Briody was listening to Nevermore's Enemies of Reality album while he was writing.

I wanted to like The Scourge of the Light. It had all the right elements, but couldn't pull them together quite right. I don't remember any songs from the album.

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Sep 26, 2017

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

il_cornuto posted:

Gatecreeper are pretty solid old school sounding death metal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UKFpTOY7BU
This is exactly what I wish the production on the old Unleashed albums sounded like.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Cobra Commander posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hAiCRCPFaM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOWf8uqGf8A

power trip owns

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Power Trip has been on several circuits through Dallas this year and I've missed them each time. Need to make it out to their next appearance.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

The Ferret King posted:

Power Trip has been on several circuits through Dallas this year and I've missed them each time. Need to make it out to their next appearance.

they own but they draw the hardcore crowd in big-time so get ready for spinkicks and windmills

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
When I saw them it was just a huge pit. They're gonna be heavily outnumbered by big metal dudes and get knocked over

joem83
Oct 4, 2007

Sometimes, you have to shake it thrice.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

they own but they draw the hardcore crowd in big-time so get ready for spinkicks and windmills

Crowd surfing, too. Never had so many bodies fly at me before.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Henchman of Santa posted:

When I saw them it was just a huge pit. They're gonna be heavily outnumbered by big metal dudes and get knocked over

Yeah probably my fault for seeing them with Bane and some other hardcore bands.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Noted. I tend to stay far enough away from that these days. I'm too old for moshing.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

The Ferret King posted:

Noted. I tend to stay far enough away from that these days. I'm too old for moshing.

Pansy

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
The best moshpit so far was at a Finntroll gig where people spontaneously started line dancing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

The best pit I've seen was just 2 guys during an opening band for Demolition Hammer this year. They would roll around and then sit and meditate because no one else was in the mood to hit each other yet