Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
just spend the extra money on the HD 600s the 598s are so much worse when you compare the two

Edit: especially because you have 555s right now the jump from them to the 598s isnt going to be large enough to justify the purchase

Demostrs fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Tbf the only major differences between the 598SR and the 600's is 500khz of frequency, slightly lower sound pressure level and 250 ohms of impedance, 600's are on sale for $100 off and they're still $120 more than the 598SR. If you want to move into the high end enthusiast level of headphones then now is the time to pull the trigger on the 600's but even then I'd only recommend the 598SR's because spending nearly $300 on headphones for mainly gaming seems like a bad buy to me.

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
600 and 650s are more comfortable than the 500 series as well though, but from a sound performance spot yeah for games not really a difference you'll hear

and yeah the higher impedance which will be a negative if you're on a low powered source

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Luna Was Here posted:

Tbf the only major differences between the 598SR and the 600's is 500khz of frequency, slightly lower sound pressure level and 250 ohms of impedance, 600's are on sale for $100 off and they're still $120 more than the 598SR. If you want to move into the high end enthusiast level of headphones then now is the time to pull the trigger on the 600's but even then I'd only recommend the 598SR's because spending nearly $300 on headphones for mainly gaming seems like a bad buy to me.

tbh i dont really think the 598s are the best headphone at that price point either, you can get the akg k7xx for $30 more. that's a good alternative looking into if you don't want to get another pair of senns mcvey, but these ones like the 600s pretty much need an amp to sound their best

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
The 598s have gone on sale for $99 for the past two Black Fridays, FWIW. I think they're great at that price point (I own both the open and closed back ones) but I'm definitely not an audiophile by any means.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8323

take it from me mcvey these will improve your hearing

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
I use these https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-PS4/dp/B00SAYCVTQ

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
I use HD 598's with a ModMic 4 Omni-Directional mic attached.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Suran37 posted:

I use HD 598's with a ModMic 4 Omni-Directional mic attached.

hi, it's me, your brother

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

If every computer peripheral you own doesn't say Logitech on it I don't even want to know you

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I use a Zalman clip on mic I bought on sale for $3.00 on Amazon. The mic sits in between my Razor Blackwidow keyboard and Steelseries qck+ mousepad because it isn't able to wrap itself around the thick, durable wire that Sennheiser HD 598s provide. It could probably clip onto a Logitech SMD 420 or whatever but there's no point if you're not promised that Sennheiser quality.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Just ordered a pair of 598s, thanks for the reccs goonmen!

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

I've had multiple pairs of the Sennheiser gaming headsets in the first link and it's currently what I'm using. They sound fantastic and their lightness combined with the fact they're open backed cans makes me agree that I feel like I could wear them all day. The only negative with them is that every single pair I've owned has had a cord that twists itself to the point that it effectively loses half of its length. Untwisting it buys you a few hours before it re-twists itself. Apparently I'm the only person in the universe with this problem and it's only for these headphones. I haven't had this problem with any other cable I own.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I also own a pair of Sennheisers and have never had a problem with the cable twisting and think your headphones might be haunted by a witch?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Stop spinning your headphones around you dork

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Push El Burrito posted:

I also own a pair of Sennheisers and have never had a problem with the cable twisting and think your headphones might be haunted by a witch?

Apparently. I have a lot of cables, equipment with cables, and other headphones and none of them have this problem. I've owned multiple versions of the Sennheiser G4ME headphones or whatever they're called now. Some cords were removable, others were not, some were braided, others had a rubber exterior, and all of them have had this same twisting problem.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Luna Was Here posted:

Stop spinning your headphones around you dork

I don't do this. I just untangle the cord after the poltergeist that only tangles specific cables twists it.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I too am victim to incessant cable twisting. Having an uber long cable helps.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Having wireless Sennheiser RS 160's is sick until they start refusing to sync and there is nothing you can do about it. My wireless mouse is also sick until it starts to die because I never turn it off.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
wireless gaming? yuck

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why are rounds 1:55 instead of an even 2 minutes. Does 5 seconds make that much of a difference.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

Why are rounds 1:55 instead of an even 2 minutes. Does 5 seconds make that much of a difference.

competitive matches used to be 1.45 with 35 second bomb and mm was 2min with a 45 bomb and valve wanted to make the rules the same. if they added a whole 15 seconds to comp matches too many people would have died of an autism overload

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Yes.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I still think it should go back to 1:45 and 35 sec bomb timer. You definitely notice the lower fuse on the bomb and it buffs T side. I remember 3 minute rounds back in the day(and maxrounds 13) and it's made watching POVs from then painful(er).

Did anyone ever play with Charger(?) rules? It was something like having a long round timer but with a set amount of time per half and unlimited rounds, like a real sport. It might have been only semi-popular in the UK but I read an HLTV post about it and never tried. It would be cool to give it a shot just off of how different it would play.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Haven't played the game in a while but I prefer the extra time on the bomb, even attempted retakes were much rarer before. The 10 seconds extra in the round made some maps like overpass work a lot better though it might have slowed cache down a bit too much

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

mcvey posted:

I still think it should go back to 1:45 and 35 sec bomb timer. You definitely notice the lower fuse on the bomb and it buffs T side. I remember 3 minute rounds back in the day(and maxrounds 13) and it's made watching POVs from then painful(er).

Did anyone ever play with Charger(?) rules? It was something like having a long round timer but with a set amount of time per half and unlimited rounds, like a real sport. It might have been only semi-popular in the UK but I read an HLTV post about it and never tried. It would be cool to give it a shot just off of how different it would play.

Wonder how hard that would be to rig up on sub.io b server.......

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

mcvey posted:

I still think it should go back to 1:45 and 35 sec bomb timer.

100% right.

Also(slight derail) the pubg thread is a comedy goldmine at the moment.

It's like going back to the CS:GO thread 3 years ago.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

A bomb takes ~4 seconds to plant. It takes me 1 second to hit 2 chat binds while still in play time.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Slumpy posted:

A bomb takes ~4 seconds to plant. It takes me 1 second to hit 2 chat binds while still in play time.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Daeno posted:

Also(slight derail) the pubg thread is a comedy goldmine at the moment.

It's like going back to the CS:GO thread 3 years ago.

HIGH SENSITIVITy IS FINE WHAT IS THE NAME OF THAT SINGLE PRO PLAYER WHO PLAYS WITH REALLY HIGH SENS???

QED LOW SENS BITCHES

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Herstory Begins Now posted:

HIGH SENSITIVITy IS FINE WHAT IS THE NAME OF THAT SINGLE PRO PLAYER WHO PLAYS WITH REALLY HIGH SENS???

QED LOW SENS BITCHES

prof chaos also agreed

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Thanks for the update to ruin our inferno game VALVE

edit: Yes it's offcenter on the screenshot. My crosshair just got the tip cut off

Audax fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 27, 2017

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Audax posted:

Thanks for the update to ruin our inferno game VALVE

edit: Yes it's offcenter on the screenshot. My crosshair just got the tip cut off

Please don't start a circumcision derail in the CS:GO thread.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Push El Burrito posted:

Please don't start a circumcision derail in the CS:GO thread.

are we talking about The Orville in here too?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

When it bugs and I don't get the sound for planting or defusing does nobody hear it around me or just me

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

When it bugs and I don't get the sound for planting or defusing does nobody hear it around me or just me

Just you

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

I don't think this is a bug friend

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Unbound posted:

I don't think this is a bug friend

Why wouldn't it be

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

:iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

people who are using chevron crosshairs should just uninstall the game and go back to PUBG. That is all.