Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

GrandpaPants posted:

Bring back Wild Arms and Suikoden and Shadow Hearts and Grandia and basically all the series that died with the PS2.

Not as pachinko machines.

phone mobas it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sakurazuka posted:

I hope Xeno 2 has the Japanese voices because the English voice acting in the trailers is loving terrible. They obviously had to choose between 'people who could do an English accent' and 'people who could act' and went with the former.

Reyn and Riki were easily worth using English voices for in XC. :colbert:

CharlestheHammer posted:

Look at Blue Dragon if you want the most generic.

You leave Kid Goku Clone #48937494695763 alone!

GrandpaPants posted:

Bring back Wild Arms and Suikoden and Shadow Hearts and Grandia and basically all the series that died with the PS2.

Not as pachinko machines.

Suikoden might've died with the PS2 but it was dug up and desecrated on the DS and PSP. :smith:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

cheetah7071 posted:

Same but Valkyrie Profile
It's already on your phone

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

It's already on your phone

release it in english then so I can be disappointed in a language I understand

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

GulagDolls posted:

https://pastebin.com/KYmmDdzh

summary of a 2016 famitsu interview with wild arms 2 guys. i dont know jp but I believe everything here anyway!! i had zero idea about the brad/billy thing

quote:

The interview ends with Kaneko using half a page to talk about how he plans making Wild Arms 3 a baseball game.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

thats why the characters in wa3 are always running around on the battle screen

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Colonel posted:

you have to wonder how they expect to find the answer when they're not even hiring raita anymore

He's there in spirit.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Posters in this thread often use the word "anime" to mean different things and it confuses and frustrates me.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

that av of yours looks pretty anime to me

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
*stands up* I'm anime.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think I want a baseball themed RPG now.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Suikoden could be a decent gacha mobile game. It must never be done

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Bongo Bill posted:

Posters in this thread often use the word "anime" to mean different things and it confuses and frustrates me.

Anime is like JRPG in that it's an umbrella term for a lot of poo poo making it rather vague

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i always thought of it as a general term that covers everyone's subjective bases. "this makes me uncomfortable + made in japan"

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Anime means animation. All video games are anime except the ones that use live-action FMV.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Mill Village posted:

Come to think of it there's a bizarre amount of soccer RPGs compared to other sports.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Bongo Bill posted:

I anime, you anime, he she me anime

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

I'M loving FREE

Except I guess now that I've come this far I may as well see if I can handle the bonus dungeon...

...and the bonus bonus dungeon.

gently caress me I'm still in for another 30 hours aren't I. (That ending goddamn blew though.)

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

Anime means animation. All video games are anime except the ones that use live-action FMV.

doesn't quite work, some animation is targeted at kids and anime is NOT kids' stuff

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anime is like jrpg in that there's never been a bad one, ever

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Endorph posted:

I am glad you have come around on Chrono Trigger

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bongo Bill posted:

Night Trap is extremely anime, actually

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I have to agree with kirby here. Practically defines it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Not even Chrono Trigger?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
final fantasy: what if we put a puzzle in this dungeon
tales: what if we made this dungeon a puzzle
saga: which tile

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Whoever said Chrono Trigger was anime or a jrpg? :smugdog:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Glad we made the monthly anime hyperbolefest convo deadline

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

END ME SCOOB posted:

I'M loving FREE

Except I guess now that I've come this far I may as well see if I can handle the bonus dungeon...

...and the bonus bonus dungeon.

gently caress me I'm still in for another 30 hours aren't I. (That ending goddamn blew though.)

The bonus dungeons are poo poo and God is awful without a ton of sword dance spam and monster classes.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Tae posted:

If a game leaks or breaks early, it is because of the 1k people working on the game, not the dozen VA's

Play valkyria revolution

vr is cheap but its not as ugly as so4

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

dis astranagant posted:

The bonus dungeons are poo poo and God is awful without a ton of sword dance spam and monster classes.

As long as his defense isn't obscene I'm good to go.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Mill Village posted:

Should totally give OFF a try then. :unsmigghh:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TurnipFritter posted:

This design feels a little desperate.

"Okay guys, people want a new Valkyria game like the first one. What they want most is the titular Valkyria with a big chest, right? Get the artist in, center an rpg around her and... what do you mean 'squad combat?' Uh... gently caress it, force the new combat gameplay in, they'll be happy with it probabably."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What they want most is the titular Valkyria with a big chest, right?
I literally read this as

"What they want is the most titular Valkyria with a big chest, right?"

and started chuckling at your awful fake engrish and now I think I'm a horrible person okay bye

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

VC would have been better without the super powered anime girls imo.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mill Village posted:

Baseball Stars has stats and you level up players.

CaptainScraps posted:

Suikoden could be a decent gacha mobile game. It must never be done

That one has never been made is mind-blowing, though in this dark reality we live in any Suikoden mobile game would probably be of the same quality as Breath of Fire 6.

...what's that? someone here didn't know that BoF6 is a thing that exists? Here, let me murder any fond memories you have of BoF 1-4 (and DQ if you're weird and liked that game):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_A-h6KFObQ

e: (the game is shutting down in 2 days)

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Sep 26, 2017

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

END ME SCOOB posted:

As long as his defense isn't obscene I'm good to go.

Hellblast doesn't give a poo poo. He's basically every overpowered spell and all the obnoxious jester combo skills and you have to beat him several times in under a certain number of turns to get the shards for the second bonus dungeon. It can be done with just the one freebie Platking heart but it's rough.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 26, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Colonel posted:

final fantasy: what if we put a puzzle in this dungeon
tales: what if we made this dungeon a puzzle
saga: which tile

What the gently caress is going on here

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Electric Phantasm posted:

What the gently caress is going on here

you have to interact with this specific tile in order to fight the boss and get the red orb. if you interact with any other pink tile you get attacked by an atomic crab. there is no hint as to what the correct tile is

it sounds insane but this is also a game where the most multipurpose character type and the only one that can use magic has four slots set aside for magic traits that have a chance to randomly mutate after each battle and there's no way to stop it from happening if it does, meaning the only way to be sure you can hold on to useful spells and resistances is to save constantly. this is the wonderswan color remake with qol features to make it easier to play

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 26, 2017

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

But seriously, you should totally give OFF a try if you haven't played it yet. It is a free and short little RPG that is pretty fun and only lasts a couple hours.

It also has an amazing battle theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V81DlvZkxGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The Colonel posted:

it sounds insane but this is also a game where the most multipurpose character type and the only one that can use magic has four slots set aside for magic traits that have a chance to randomly mutate after each battle and there's no way to stop it from happening if it does, meaning the only way to be sure you can hold on to useful spells and resistances is to save constantly.

Which SaGa game is this, FFL3? Because in FFL2 and other SaGa games, the Mutant's bottom skill is the one that changes, IIRC. It's definitely that way in FFL2 at the very least.