Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/912284220067893248

Dale is a legit good guy

gently caress the rest of NASCAR though for real, holy poo poo

Harveygod posted:

This is why you're my favorite poster.

NASCAR 2017: Dale finally turns left.

:allears: holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
I find it funny that Childress and Petty are ones being quoted..I guess if there's 2 people who want to live in the past it would be those two guys.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

YES it's about time nascar has some good drivers in the series

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

von Manstein posted:

I find it funny that Childress and Petty are ones being quoted..I guess if there's 2 people who want to live in the past it would be those two guys.

When drivers were in their seats during anthems... well gently caress... try that again, when they didn't have much sponsorship... well poo poo again.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Zaphod42 posted:

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/912284220067893248

Dale is a legit good guy

gently caress the rest of NASCAR though for real, holy poo poo

:allears: holy poo poo

Defending the family honor against the guy who supports walls, it checks out.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKZfwih-3dM

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Defending the family honor against the guy who supports walls, it checks out.

:captainpop:

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

:sad:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lmfao, come on man...

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Wow what an rear end in a top hat
(sees handle)
uhhhhh

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
as an actual southerner whose family proudly waves the rebel flag please don't defend the south tia

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Come on lastcar what the gently caress

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

:chloe:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Lastcar partaking in a race to the bottom?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:ughh:

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
well Lastcar does like the losers....

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Edit actually not gonna bother it won't help

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it makes sense he''d like the CSA because he loves people who lose at things

please rt

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

No LASTCAR turn left!

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
/me high fives LASTCAR

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Shocking

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Oh hey, there's a bunch of posts in the thread-

Oh.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

VikingSkull posted:

/me high fives LASTCAR

:agreed:

Ooh, people have differing opinions.

And let's not engage in discussion, let's just trash each other on knee jerk reactions! :thumbsup:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

:agreed:

Ooh, people have differing opinions.

And let's not engage in discussion, let's just trash each other on knee jerk reactions! :thumbsup:

VikingSkull posted:

/me high fives LASTCAR

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
come on 1 more yankee defending the rebel flag and I can finish

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Fart

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Peanut President posted:

come on 1 more yankee defending the rebel flag and I can finish

Again, not engaging in discussion.

You don't know anything about me or what I believe.

Where the gently caress did the confederate flag come into my response? I'll add this, though.

I saw a truck with a confederate flag on the back of a truck when I pulled into a gas station tonight on the way home from work and said out loud to myself "what kind of gently caress drives around in this day and age with that on the back of his truck. What a douchebag."

Think I'm a racist all you want, but that's not the way I was raised.

Wanting to hear both sides of the argument doesn't make me an rear end in a top hat, so gently caress you.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

There's no both sides my guy

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Norns posted:

There's no both sides my guy

:sigh:

I do appreciate the non-negative post, though. Thanks. :)

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
BTW, I'm not as smart or elequont as most of you, so be prepared for astoundingly dumb answers.

Seriously, some of you people blow me away with how intelligent you are on this board.

I don't stand a chance.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Sep 30, 2017

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Again, not engaging in discussion.

You don't know anything about me or what I believe.

Where the gently caress did the confederate flag come into my response? I'll add this, though.

I saw a truck with a confederate flag on the back of a truck when I pulled into a gas station tonight on the way home from work and said out loud to myself "what kind of gently caress drives around in this day and age with that on the back of his truck. What a douchebag."

Think I'm a racist all you want, but that's not the way I was raised.

Wanting to hear both sides of the argument doesn't make me an rear end in a top hat, so gently caress you.

I don't really want to listen to "the side" that says hating the rebel flag is intolerance.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

I'm in 100 percent agreement with pnut on this.

Also- if you are a person of color who is reading up on NASCAR and you see arguments like this, would you feel welcome in the NASCAR community? I don't believe so.

To me, sports are inherently political and always have been. Look at the 1936 Berlin Olympics. The Winter Games in Munich. The boycotts of the Moscow and Los Angeles Games. Jackie Robinson breaking the color barrier in baseball, the treatment of Muhammed Ali, the Battle of the Sexes. poo poo, Pnut pointed out that Petty drove with a headrest with a peace sign on it during the Vietnam War.

Sports are a microcosm of life at large and athletes have been using their platform to make statements since always. We should always use whatever platform we have to fight injustice. And we no longer have the luxury of simply being silent or wishing we could just watch sports as escapism.

To me, the absolute worst part of Petty's and Childress's statements is it was widely reported on and non NASCAR fans immediately said "whatever, NASCAR fans are just racist rednecks, what do you expect?" No one really asked any NASCAR fans what they thought about this, presumably because we as fans are a monolith. The ownership and leadership of the sport needs to recognize this as the problem that it is. Junyer even came out and said that it pained him to see all of NASCAR painted with that brush and that was why he said what he did. No one says "football fans all think DV is OK" or "hockey fans are all racist" or "baseball fans are all racist" (although the soaring costs of the latter two do shut out POC in the US but that's a discussion for another thread).

In conclusion, it's not bad to call someone out for having a bad opinion-although how you do that may affect whether you change any hearts or minds-even if it's not the person you call out, which I have heard described as "collateral education". Wasn't someone who protested at work for her "religious beliefs" recently lauded by the same people who are outraged by players taking a knee? We need to be honest with ourselves about what this is really about. It's not about our troops, our military, our flag or our anthem (all of which have a very complicated history which would require a number of posts to unpack). But it's sure a convenient narrative for people who are uncomfortable with confronting injustice, or even worse, don't think injustice exists.

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Sep 30, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

All you need to know is that the loving anthem and patriotic bullshit with the NFL are paid advertisements for the military. It takes about 3 seconds of research.

The whole pro military over common sense is loving stupid.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The part of this that bugs me the most is the fact that the national anthem is a national anthem, not WWE entrance music for the military.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
There are people itt who have seen me smash people supporting the Confederate flag elsewhere.

The fun part is, if people have the freedom to take a knee during the anthem, they also have the freedom to fly that dumb flag. Don't like it? Change the loving laws and stop crying about it.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

If you can't see the difference between the two...yeah I think the conversation is already over.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I don't think anyone is suggesting that flying the Confederate flag should be illegal, but rather that it is an abhorrent and hateful symbol that shouldn't be compared to, say, quietly kneeling to protest the fact that folks are being murdered by cops and no one gives a poo poo.

To act like both sides are remotely comparable is to be exactly the problem.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Norns posted:

If you can't see the difference between the two...yeah I think the conversation is already over.

If you think every argument someone puts forth is them trying to make an equivalency then the retard is you.

What is wrong about what I said? The 1st Amendment allows me to kneel during the anthem, and it allows me to fly the rebel flag. Care to show me some case law where that is incorrect, or are you just going to characterize someone's statements in such a way to seem more intelligent than you are because you have literally no argument?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

If you think every argument someone puts forth is them trying to make an equivalency then the retard is you.

What is wrong about what I said? The 1st Amendment allows me to kneel during the anthem, and it allows me to fly the rebel flag. Care to show me some case law where that is incorrect, or are you just going to characterize someone's statements in such a way to seem more intelligent than you are because you have literally no argument?

Viking, you are the one without an argument, because no one is suggesting it's illegal or even should be illegal. Stop lying and grow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Not once have I said the loving flag should be illegal or banned you half wit

You're literally making up your own argument

• Locked thread