Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Dick if you take that camper to Florida you have a great future as a Carl Hiaasen character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume nothing is showing up tonight LOL

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Meanwhile I just had a 35ft HDMI cable ship from Ontario to Perth, Western Australia in less time than it's taking for most of this poo poo to get a couple states over...

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Don Dongington posted:

Meanwhile I just had a 35ft HDMI cable ship from Ontario to Perth, Western Australia in less time than it's taking for most of this poo poo to get a couple states over...

You had that cable shipped from civilization to what is, arguably, civilization.

Rural Nebraska is not civilization. It's corn.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just to be clear, I sent my package (hurr) out on Saturday afternoon, and they said it'd be delivered Tuesday. So if it got there today, it'd be early.

That said, LOL USPS tracking

Look at this

And this is what it shows now

So "in transit to the destination" means jack poo poo I guess

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

also at this point after the buildup the box of pants is gonna be severely disappointing

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Is this where they send the pants to Denver, then St Paul

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Something something traveling pants.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
The Amazon pkg I sent 14 is still showing due tomorrow but tracking it has left Omaha and is now in South Dakota

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What's the employment options like in Valentine? Who's gonna move there, rent that house and be D4ve's roommate?

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

"Out for delivery" or "on vehicle for delivery" is what the tracking will say when it's going to arrive that day. "In transit to destination" means that logistics folks are doing their thing and it's circuitously winding around the universe en route to the appropriate delivery hub.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Rhyno posted:

What's the employment options like in Valentine? Who's gonna move there, rent that house and be D4ve's roommate?

D14ve's.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Crikey, I just loosed a garlic filled fart and it was so potent it about knocked me out.

Worthy of our hero I think.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I JUST loving NOW GOT THE ALERT MY SECOND CARD WAS MAILED THE gently caress OUT AND WILL ARRIVE IN FOUR TO loving SIX BUSINESS DAYS

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

You're having as much trouble getting your debit card as I am my Moviepass card.

gently caress the system.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
WAAAAAR

gently caress THE SYSTEM gently caress THE SYSTEM

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

DICK DICER posted:

bank of America

Found the problem. I'm guessing your banking options are limited even when you aren't in the middle of nowhere but seriously get the gently caress away from BoA as soon as you possibly can. Find a credit union or something that doesn't steal your money and provide completely poo poo service

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Oh man. BoA straight up refused to replace a damaged card once and automatically charged-back my gradschool tuition, landing me in The poo poo.

Fire.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

My Man Shran posted:

Oh man. BoA straight up refused to replace a damaged card once and automatically charged-back my gradschool tuition, landing me in The poo poo.

Fire.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

HE LOOKED AT ME!

HE LOOKED RIGHT AT ME

HE TURNED HIS HEAD HE LOOKED ME STRAIGHT IN THE EYE

I am awaited

I AM AWAITED IN VALHALLA

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

He was scanning the horizon!

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

My Man Shran posted:

You're having as much trouble getting your debit card as I am my Moviepass card.

gently caress the system.

lol they sure hosed that up didn't they? took me more than a month for mine to come. totally worth it though, already saw 6 movies for $10.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

opengl128 posted:

lol they sure hosed that up didn't they? took me more than a month for mine to come. totally worth it though, already saw 6 movies for $10.

I'm at the 6 week mark now. My status has changed from "Shipped" to "Processing" and back like 5 times now.

Hail satan.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

DICK DICER posted:

I JUST loving NOW GOT THE ALERT MY SECOND CARD WAS MAILED THE gently caress OUT AND WILL ARRIVE IN FOUR TO loving SIX BUSINESS DAYS

Watch, you'll get the original (cancelled one) tomorrow.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So a few years back, Amica was mailing me a refund check when I changed insurance companies.

Well, the check never showed up. I called them after 3 weeks, they said they'd cancel it, and send out a new one.

A few days later, a check shows up in the mail. The postmark on it was the day that I had called them. Awesome! So I go deposit it...

A few days after that, another check shows up.. and my bank calls me to tell me that the check I deposited had a stop payment on it. They gave me a copy of it.. the date of the actual check was 3 weeks before the postmark. So I guess it fell behind a printer or a urinal or something, and someone finally stuffed it in an envelope when they found it.

Thank gently caress I kept a copy of the envelope... scanned it and sent it to Amica to prove the postmark was the day I'd called to ask about the missing check, they confirmed that's not the envelope they normally mail checks in, and they covered the returned check fee for me (which they admitted they wouldn't have done without seeing the date on the postmark). Still annoying as hell having to go through that.

tl;dr maybe that happened at Boa :v:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Bank of America charged my coworker a late fee because the mail stopped on 9 11 and his payment was 3 days late. They told him to plan ahead next time.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

At this point, you probably could have just gotten a PayPal debit card and skipped all this ridiculousness

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Just saw that the phone charging biolite is $70 on woot right now. I thought some goon said it was stupid expensive, I'm seeing a list of 129.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I have never been somewhere that 1 did not have electricity, and 2 had cell coverage.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's a gen 1 without a battery.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

tater_salad posted:

Just saw that the phone charging biolite is $70 on woot right now. I thought some goon said it was stupid expensive, I'm seeing a list of 129.
To be fair, $70 and $129 are both stupid expensive to a guy who is unemployed (which the Biolite guy said he is, iirc).

mechaet
Jan 4, 2013

Insufferable measure of firewood

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

To be fair, $70 and $129 are both stupid expensive to a guy who is unemployed (which the Biolite guy said he is, iirc).

That is p fair.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Bank of America is abbreviated as BofA

Which is funny cus they can suck BofA deeze.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Gocha I didn't remember that bit.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

From a couple replies earlier and this picture I'm assuming we don't need to worry about buying him another stove just for the ability to charge a phone.

DICK DICER posted:

Weather permitting. Yeah I'd work in the wet in Seattle but it's a lot loving harder out here staying warm after getting wet
Once the weather passes through and you can work without getting soaked then hypothermia where are we? Is there a grinder on the way to fix the brake issue or can something else be worked on?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I actually left my grindng wheel and there's an air compressor and line here, and weather is finally sunny and warm. Time to pretend to work!

Called B of A, they didn't expedite the second or third cards so they cancelled everything and now I have an actual tracking number, fees waived, and a courier bringing me my card by afternoon tomorrow. First time I've had a tracking number so I'm optimistic

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
I have full faith in USPS dick. You just gotta believe.
I was worried about my last order arriving before I moved out of here. USPS sent it from NY to Dubai and I got worried. But within 4 days it's got to perth, dubai was the one and only stop.
That beats UPS that sent my last US order to alaska, korea, china and then singapore, taking 8 days, (and for twice the price). Only problem is now I got to rely on auspost for the final leg, because I used USPS to get it here. Auspost advertise they will gently caress you up and sit on and hold parcels because we suck and don't pay enough.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 26, 2017

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Pants arrived but I'm too busy eating valentine's day jerky to post pics, Wolverine will handle it for me. Also received correspondence from two separate state social welf are offices before my bank card lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
.....actually the Riggs fit like they were tailored for me

• Locked thread