Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Fo3 posted:

I have full faith in USPS dick. You just gotta believe.
I was worried about my last order arriving before I moved out of here. USPS sent it from NY to Dubai and I got worried. But within 4 days it's got to perth, dubai was the one and only stop.
That beats UPS that sent my last US order to alaska, korea, china and then singapore, taking 8 days, (and for twice the price). Only problem is now I got to rely on auspost for the final leg, because I used USPS to get it here. Auspost advertise they will gently caress you up and sit on and hold parcels because we suck and don't pay enough.

LOL AUSPOST

I haven't sent anything direct because it took them 6 weeks to figure out my leather boots weren't made of giraffe before they released them.

Dick what is your turntable situation? Considering expediting this bundle

https://store.warnermusic.com.au/products/ultimate-turntable-bundle

I mean, Nomad, Caught Up and Holy Books are made for you. Wait are we still talking about biturbos? All I C is U and Me!

They also have one with a cassette single :rolleyes: what is the trukk rolling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

DICK DICER posted:

.....actually the Riggs fit like they were tailored for me

would you say, you're not Caught Up like all the other guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5aoBHjxBL0&t=211s

I swear I love this album and I'm not just a shill for it

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
THERE'S LIKE A DOZEN BALD loving EAGLES CIRCLING THE TRUCK OVERHEAD

whodatwhere
Aug 24, 2013

The eagles are going to carry the truck to MordorFlorida!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR2y-3Q75s4

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

DICK DICER posted:

THERE'S LIKE A DOZEN BALD loving EAGLES CIRCLING THE TRUCK OVERHEAD

Eagles or vultures?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

DICK DICER posted:

Pants arrived but I'm too busy eating valentine's day jerky to post pics, Wolverine will handle it for me. Also received correspondence from two separate state social welf are offices before my bank card lol

Hooray!

DICK DICER posted:

.....actually the Riggs fit like they were tailored for me

Awesome, at least someone's gonna get use out of them.

spog posted:

Eagles or vultures?

Bald eagles are horrible trash birds so basically yes, they are vultures, more or less.

This is the natural habitat of the bald eagle:

:911:

Tofu Survivor
Nov 4, 2011

Contrary to popular belief, soy is not an effective zombie deterrent.
Long time lurker, been hanging around since last year and completely enthralled by this whole endeavor. Wish I could do more to help out but I'm broke af so all I can do is offer my meager moral support. I really wanna see 14" emerge victorious over the trukk and see it all the way to Florida.

Godspeed, crazy goon.

Leperflesh posted:

I feel a little less insane now for thinking bald eagle calls sound like seagulls. :v:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Hooray!

Bald eagles are horrible trash birds so basically yes, they are vultures, more or less.

That's quite the metaphor for america these days.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
America has always been the place for outcasts and losers. We only became powerful when we invented the zerg rush.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Leperflesh posted:

Hooray!

'murica

Our New National Emblem: Bald Eagles Looting Fish Guts from Truck Bed

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

scuz posted:

That's quite the metaphor for america these days.

My favorite article was like 19 eagles dying in a trailer full of fish waste because they ate themselves too fat to fly and drowned

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

DICK DICER posted:

My favorite article was like 19 eagles dying in a trailer full of fish waste because they ate themselves too fat to fly and drowned

:patriot:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Yup.
I spent time in Dutch Harbor, AK. The eagles are virtual replacement-pigeons in AK. They hang around the dumpsters, looking haggard, and giving anyone walking nearby the stink-eye.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So Big Giant Eagle from angry birds movie is accurate.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

sharkytm posted:

Dutch Harbor

I can't read this without hearing Mike Rowe's voice.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Nope

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

IOwnCalculus posted:

I can't read this without hearing Mike Rowe's voice.

If you haven't seen his TED talk, it's awesome: https://www.ted.com/talks/mike_rowe_celebrates_dirty_jobs

He insults basically the entire audience, and they can't do anything but agree.

yoober
Nov 21, 2010

sharkytm posted:

If you haven't seen his TED talk, it's awesome: https://www.ted.com/talks/mike_rowe_celebrates_dirty_jobs

He insults basically the entire audience, and they can't do anything but agree.

mike rowe is a fake bootlicking rear end in a top hat. there's no inherent dignity in shoveling poo poo for poverty wages, despite what a multimillionaire tv show host may say.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

yoober posted:

mike rowe is a fake bootlicking rear end in a top hat. there's no inherent dignity in shoveling poo poo for poverty wages, despite what a multimillionaire tv show host may say.

yeah bootstrappy folks can :fuckoff:

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009
Just remember, Bank of America once asked a dude with no hands for a thumb-print. He offered a toe-print, but they refused. I cannot rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such behavior.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Red_October_7000 posted:

Just remember, Bank of America once asked a dude with no hands for a thumb-print. He offered a toe-print, but they refused. I cannot rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such behavior.

Maybe he will think twice before throwing his hands in the trash next time.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

I lived in Juneau for a bit and - yeah bald eagles are poo poo idiot birds. Fairly often you'd see a raven picking at some food, then an eagle would swoop in all billy badass to try to beat up the raven, then the raven's buddies would fly in and kick the crap out of the eagle, who would then fly off all offended and land nearby trying hard to look dignified

so yeah the bald eagle is basically the perfect mascot for america: yo imma pick fights with darker creatures to try and steal their poo poo, get my rear end handed to me, then pretend like they're the villains

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Red_October_7000 posted:

I imagine it was less confusion and more "them's the rules and I'm too lazy to contact someone who can tell me what to do when the rules ain't working." That or the entire organization is so pants on head retarded that there's no one who can even be asked what to do in that situation.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
DEET 100 makes my lips feel funny

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Yeah definitely getting some Hanlon's Razor vibes from that story.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Fire roasted cactus is good except for the part where you learn burning the spines off doesn't get the little ones buried deep

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

DICK DICER posted:

Fire roasted cactus is good except for the part where you learn burning the spines off doesn't get the little ones buried deep

Man you gotta peel em first!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Look, I considered that

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

yoober posted:

Your links aside, you didn't listen to him. My plumber makes $90/hr, my electrician gets $80, and the HVAC tech who installed my mini splits got $75. There is dignity in doing a job well, no matter what it is. I dug literal poo poo in the NYC sewers, and got treated like dirt by folks who judged me by my clothing, despite my education and salary (which they didn't know). I'm not saying that everyone should aspire to be a poverty wage slave, I'm saying that doing physical labor can be lucrative as hell and white collar folks need to stop looking down on those who do it. OSHA has overstepped it's bounds, and made it very difficult for small business to survive, while big businesses abuse their workers but have the admin staff and lawyers to play by the BS rules. "Every kid needs to go to college" is a gigantic lie and scam.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

PopeCrunch posted:

I lived in Juneau for a bit and - yeah bald eagles are poo poo idiot birds.

Every area has that, not really surprising. Here in FL it's seagulls, NY it's pigeons. But yeah gently caress those dumb birds for trying to survive :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Every area has that, not really surprising. Here in FL it's seagulls, NY it's pigeons. But yeah gently caress those dumb birds for trying to survive :v:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/22625989/ns/us_news-life/t/bald-eagles-gorge-sink-then-die-alaska/

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

We need scavengers, they're an essential part of any ecosystem. It's just amusing that the bald eagle is portrayed in American iconography as being this majestic and noble thing, given its feeding habits.

And to be fair, bald eagles are quite capable as hunters and (especially) fishers, too. But they're happier stealing garbage than putting in the effort to go catch a salmon or whatever. And they're not very smart. And they're assholes.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:patriot:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
All birds are poo poo idiot birds.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Apparently there's a population problem in Alaska because the Bald Eagles here are cool :shrug:

therobit posted:

And this pretty much.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

therobit posted:

You know this thread is read far and wide in these forums, be careful or LITERALLY A BIRD might take offense to this sort of talk.

But you're right :v:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Leperflesh posted:

We need scavengers, they're an essential part of any ecosystem. It's just amusing that the bald eagle is portrayed in American iconography as being this majestic and noble thing, given its feeding habits.

And to be fair, bald eagles are quite capable as hunters and (especially) fishers, too. But they're happier stealing garbage than putting in the effort to go catch a salmon or whatever. And they're not very smart. And they're assholes.

So, again, the perfect symbol for America.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

therobit posted:

Sounds like somebody need a visit from a group of crows. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow