Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

dantheman650 posted:

Twitter is increasing the character limit to 280. Looking forward to lengthier lols in the near future.

You and I both know he will lose interest halfway in now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

"But of course the EPA director needs a private SCIF....for the environment...."

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Velvet Elvis posted:

Uh oh, somebody used the n-word. Not a direct Trump lol, but definitely a result of his completely-not-racially-motivated stance on NFL protests.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fire-chief-uses-racial-slur-steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-anthem-protest/

"Ughhhh! I can't stand people being so disrespectful!"

*uses horribly disrespectful racial slur*

"Idolizing a flag is definitely more important than actual living black people."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol:

Boycott worked

https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/912776392475103232

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

the boycott is next week now

or when ratings are lowest

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/nytmike/status/912784445391933440

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Sigh. Trump is just going to replace this DEA guy with a pardoned drug lord.

E: wait that might be a positive. Pardoned Pharma exec.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

hahaha resign cause remember all those times Trump admitted fault ahahahahahaa

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Durf posted:

hahaha resign cause remember all those times Trump admitted fault ahahahahahaa

Oh he'll never admit fault if he resigns it's because washington is to broken and needs to be replaced (WE WILL!!) and will announce he will continue to make america great starting with his new show Trump TV.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Whoops i totally misread that headline, thought Rosenberg was saying trump will resign, not that HE would resign. time for a drink.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

brylcreem posted:

You're right, that's less creepy.

I hope you know that reference, if not, go forth.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Durf posted:

Whoops i totally misread that headline, thought Rosenberg was saying trump will resign, not that HE would resign. time for a drink.

lmao if you're ever sober

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Waffle House posted:

In related news:

and 100% likely to get pardoned if the charges are federal. I'd heard at one point the prosecutors were collaborating with state AGs to try to avoid federal charges since trump can't touch state charges

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

and 100% likely to get pardoned if the charges are federal. I'd heard at one point the prosecutors were collaborating with state AGs to try to avoid federal charges since trump can't touch state charges

If the President is under investigation for the same crime, do those Pardons really matter?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

At the end of his term, Trump reveals this whole thing was for his hilarious new meta-prank show in cooperation with Nathan Fielder called "YOU JUST GOT TRUMPED!" premiering Tuesday night's at 10 on Comedy Central.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Waffle House posted:

If the President is under investigation for the same crime, do those Pardons really matter?
not sure if that's a rhetorical question, but it is very interesting to think about.

in a certain sense, the fed change sort of change, expand, or redefine what the law is or how it works by getting a respected lawyer to write a memo justifying why something is legal (of course keeping that memo secret) and then doing whatever they want. It may also include some precedent from past situations.

Anyway there is speculation on both sides that it is either possible or impossible to indict a sitting president. It's nearly unthinkable that Donald himself would be indicted, simply because the US AG is always chosen by the pres lol

all IMHO

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/senate-special-election-primary-runoff-alabama?mcubz=1

if you wanna watch the election results (hint: Trump wants Strange to win and I believe this will be the first time since being president that whoever he demanded win will actually lose :munch: )

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

do u know jenny posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/senate-special-election-primary-runoff-alabama?mcubz=1

if you wanna watch the election results (hint: Trump wants Strange to win and I believe this will be the first time since being president that whoever he demanded win will actually lose :munch: )

Lol polls are closed and so far Strange is getting annihilated.

edit: nm these lazy bastards only have 1% reporting.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

do u know jenny posted:

Roy Moore will win. fucker was removed from office in the Alabama Supreme Court TWICE, once for refusing to remove a 10 Commandments monument he had erected at a judiciary building, and the second time for telling probate judges to ignore the 2015 Supreme Court rulings regarding gay-marriage. Strange, even with Trump behind him, never stood a chance.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

not sure if that's a rhetorical question, but it is very interesting to think about.

in a certain sense, the fed change sort of change, expand, or redefine what the law is or how it works by getting a respected lawyer to write a memo justifying why something is legal (of course keeping that memo secret) and then doing whatever they want. It may also include some precedent from past situations.

Anyway there is speculation on both sides that it is either possible or impossible to indict a sitting president. It's nearly unthinkable that Donald himself would be indicted, simply because the US AG is always chosen by the pres lol

all IMHO

He'll be indicted in New York City. For the best lol of all.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

lmao an almost double digit lead atm with 13% reporting

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

what can we do to get trumpers to burn their houses down in order to own libs?

They're already sort of doing that when the banks forclose on their homes because they kept voting in idiots who will repeal Dodd Frank

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/912815493689544705

Environmentalism and fiscal conservatism.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Is this illegal?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Is there anything that can be done about graft now? Idgi it worked, somewhat, for years. Now it's just open theft. Smh

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

The Archaic posted:

They're already sort of doing that when the banks forclose on their homes because they kept voting in idiots who will repeal Dodd Frank

I just really want to watch a shaky vertical video of a teary-eyed boomer, bent over with kindling and awkwardly attempting to light his vinyl siding on fire while looking red-faced into the camera and shouting IM DOING THIS BECAUSE I LOVE THE FLAG AND I LOVE AMERICA.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I just really want to watch a shaky vertical video of a teary-eyed boomer, bent over with kindling and awkwardly attempting to light his vinyl siding on fire while looking red-faced into the camera and shouting IM DOING THIS BECAUSE I LOVE THE FLAG AND I LOVE AMERICA.

Remember when dumb boomers burned disco records at that baseball event?

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

etalian posted:

Remember when dumb boomers burned disco records at that baseball event?

holy lol i forgot about that. HERE JUST BURN MY PAYCHECKS WHY EVEN SPEND IT

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
lol they just called it for Moore

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/26/us/politics/roy-moore-alabama-senate.html

quote:

MONTGOMERY, Ala. — Roy S. Moore, a firebrand former chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court, overcame efforts by top Republicans to rescue his rival, Senator Luther Strange, defeating him on Tuesday in a special primary runoff, according to The Associated Press.

The outcome in the closely watched Senate race dealt a humbling blow toPresident Trump and other party leaders days after the president pleaded with voters in the state to back Mr. Strange.

Propelled by the stalwart support of his fellow evangelical Christians, Mr. Moore survived a multimillion-dollar advertising onslaught financed by allies of Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader. His victory demonstrated in stark terms the limits of Mr. Trump’s clout.

In a race that began as something of a political afterthought and ended up showcasing the right’s enduring divisions, the victory by Mr. Moore, one of the most tenacious figures in Alabama politics, will likely embolden other anti-establishment conservatives to challenge incumbent Republicans in next year’s midterm elections.

Make the tweet, orange man.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Boom

https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/912849808980881408

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

It bugs me that these idiots think that revolting against the retard administration that they voted for sends a signal to the rest of us who never would have voted for a group with a collective IQ of 23. Admitting that you're a retard who voted for a retard doesn't make US retards, you dingus. Triggered much, repubs? :smuggo: Maybe don't vote for living diarrhea next time and then you won't look like an absolute moron.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Dems also picked up a pretty solid R seat on Long Island not too long ago (because NYers that didn't hate Trump finally did)

tpink posted:

bahahahah he lost by 13%!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

tpink posted:

While I'll chortle at the tweet. I love that Alabama politics matters in the us of a.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol:

Breitbart is turning on him

https://twitter.com/NolteNC/status/912851596664598528

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

loving LMAO

quote:

Trumpism Not Trump
Guys, my balls, please consider my poor balls

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
You see, there is just no reasoning with professional con men and grifters.

- bannon of trump, no the establishment, no wait

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Why not done?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Is this illegal?

Yes. However, it's the kind of thing that would be politely overlooked (as long as you aren't a member of the opposing party to who controls congress :v:) if it was very occasional; like stealing copy paper from the office. If he made one minor trip that he managed to tie into some token official duties, nobody would say anything. If he did it every couple of months, someone would talk to him but they'd probably try to keep it quiet. This is naked corruption; probably literally since there's no way he hasn't joined the Governmental Mile High Club. (On that topic, gently caress Denver for getting their entire population into the Mile High Club. You guys are cheaters!)

(Edit: Somehow my brain put "No" as the first word. I'm sick and tired and been thinking in inverted logic for the past four hours which is my defense.)

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Sep 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Yes, yesssss...

:bisonyes:

Today we really approached some kind of a loving lol singularity. I want to say that we may never have a day again like this but :hmbol: this lol train is just going to keep on chugging along. ACCELERATE THE LOLS AND FACE TO LOLPOCALYPSE.